Do you think humanity will never know what the first digit of Graham's number is? (In base 10)

Do you think humanity will never know what the first digit of Graham's number is? (In base 10)

mathoverflow.net/questions/20765/the-problem-of-finding-the-first-digit-in-grahams-number

mathoverflow.net/questions/20765/the-problem-of-finding-the-first-digit-in-grahams-number

reddit.com/r/mathematics/comments/268wt6/can_we_know_the_first_digit_of_grahams_number/

math.stackexchange.com/questions/364949/first-n-digits-of-grahams-number

I've checked a few resources, and it looks like it's hopeless for now. The problem is equivalent to finding the fractional part of an extremely large multiple of log(3).

There are some very hard problems in mathematics, but I think that in a few thousand years, nearly all of them will be solved. But hard computation problems are different; Even if humans will live for another million years, it's possible that it still won't be resolved.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramsey's_theorem
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it literally does not matter.
This issue is 100% worthless.

quantum computing might help

No. I mean, sure, who knows, maybe it will, but not in the sense that it would allow us to brute-force the problem.

Umm is this bait? it's 3

the leftmost digit not the rightmost. I get it confused too.

idk why no one just asks this graham person what the number is

yeah why doesnt riemann just tell us where the zeroes are, what a fucking douche

Hes dead, but grahm isnt
Stupid fucking retard

>huir whats the last digit of pi?

but the zeroes are imaginary so we just imagine riemann and ask him duh

no i think the problem is a little more complex than that
>
>
>
;^)

Perhaps, although I don't think it's likely.

I think we might find out BB(5) one day though

I know it's between 0 and 9

I'm pretty sure Grothendieck managed in 1998 to raise the upper bound to 1, so it's between 1 and 9.

rekt

What a fucking pointless problem.

you're fucking pointless and I'm gonna pull Ack(G64, G64) cocks out of your ass

Stop shitposting in threads that don't interest you.

It's 5, I'll publish the paper in three months.

This is the first post on Veeky Forums in like months that's made me genuinely laugh. Thanks, user.

But pi doesn't have a last digit. Graham's number has a first digit.
Poor example supporting a vague response to a pointless question. Only love for Veeky Forums

Cool

Do you think humanity will ever know R(6,6)?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramsey's_theorem