Hi Veeky Forums i just wonder if anybody know if gallium can dissolve in water because i just buy 40g and i melt it...

Hi Veeky Forums i just wonder if anybody know if gallium can dissolve in water because i just buy 40g and i melt it with hot water and it seem that the water is darker

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=gallium oxide
physics.nist.gov/cgi-bin/Star/compos.pl?matno=031
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lel, why would you use hot water when you could merely palm the container and use body heat to melt it?

And also some of the gallium seem to have formed little black grain is this gallium oxide

It is a lot quicker

use an external hot water bath, thereby avoiding contact between the water and the metal

Why

It's to late

>Why
avoiding contact between the water and the metal

a) vial w/ gallium
b) beaker of hot water
c) partially submerge vial in hot water
d) melted gallium that never came into contact with the water

Ok i will do that next time but can gallium create an oxide with water or dissolved in it

>to [sic] late

lmao, I don't believe there are 40 grams of gallium in your initial pic.
did you fuck up with the rest of the sample?

lmgtfy.com/?q=gallium oxide

It 40 g the v=(pi ×(d/2)^2)×h
h=2.35cm
d=2cm
v=7.382
M=d×p
p=6.095
M=44.99

These oxide look like white powder but my sample have black grain and they are formed at very high temperature

I have also check the wikipedia page of the gallium element but in its metallic state it is not write if it c1n dissolve in water

density of gallium is 5.9 g/cm^3
physics.nist.gov/cgi-bin/Star/compos.pl?matno=031

so 6.8 mL of gallium = 40 gm

I assumed the vessel in your pic was a 1 dram (~4 mL) vial. If that assumption was in error, that's on me, my mistake.

I mesured it when it was in its liquid state so its densite was 6.095

just to satisfy my curiosity, what is the volume of the vial?

I will mesure its weight now because of the water that is darker i dont want to removve this water because i hope that the gallium will condensate and then when they will be no gallium in the water i will lesure it

About 16cm^3

lel, idgaf at this point
you're one or more of the following
a) full of shit
b) a total neophyte
c) a non-native speaker of English

just drop the UIUC nuclear reactor meltdown pasta and be done with it - chucklefuck

C\ my english is very bad sorry

And it seem that the gallium is a little soluble in wate , the water become darker after i shake the vial and after a fiew second it start to become more transparent but the on the top of the vial it look black like an oxide