Is a mushroom hunting guide a good investment?

Is a mushroom hunting guide a good investment?

no because you can find all the info online

If it's one for local forests, sure. If not, refer to

Rare mushrooms like morels or something even more expensive like european truffles might be worth your time. Otherwise you're better off growing them and eating them, or selling them down at the farmer's market.

>W-what about illega-

No. Do not pass go do not collect $200.

depends where you are

if you can get fresh morels and market them you can make a living working 3 weeks a year

I think they sell for like $300 a lb fresh

Yah but lets say im in the middle of the forest looking for some edible mushrooms, wouldnt be very safe to inspect a mushroom from the internet, you might get the wrong impression and paralyze yourself.

Also yes its for national use.

Last I checked it was 60ish for a pound morels, but it's been a while and those were dehydrated and in a store. He could probably get more from fresh picked, but that raises the question of why not just farm them.

No, but a mushroom farm is

YOu can't farm morels which is why the price is so high and they're seasonal which is why they're almost only available dehydrated

specialty foods area fucking goldmine bro

The only good mushrooms are the ones that grow in cow/horse shit and bruise blue when picked.

Why can't you farm them? Sounds like bullshit. Is the required climate SO specific that controlling it would cost more than you could sell them for?

mushrooms look like dicks... coincidence?

So what you're saying is that for someone to crack the biological code for farming morels would be a goldmine, especially if they patented the process...

No! Do not do this.

penis envy

this is my endgame

It's a hobby, and it probably pays like one. I do it personally and get lots of mushies to eat every autumn but that's as far as I'll get. People who do it professionally leave the forests bare soon and already know where to get everything always before you go. If you live in the US you might not have this problem though because it's a big country.

The thing is you could start as a hobby and eventually have a good idea for a related business. Morel growing seems to be quite profitable and also fun, or you could produce and/or sell stuff that supports the production.

Or you could fund a cult surrounding the Amanita mushroom and become the Messiah everyone gives their daughters to.

With mushrooms the sky is the limit.

this

I've thought about growing mushrooms. Local organic gourmet mushrooms seems like something hipsters would go nuts for. Plus you can grow indoors year round. The startup costs would be incredibly low too. It seems fun, kind of science and agriculture at the same time. I've grown some other kind of mushrooms before and it's pretty easy.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

>YOu can't farm morels
Why does people love so much to talk out their ass?

Literally took me 15 seconds to check it.

>I've grown some other kind of mushrooms before and it's pretty easy.

Indeed it is.. indeed it is my brother

look it up retard. they're some of the most expensive mushrooms in the world, but nobody farms them. do you think the people with multimillion dollar mushroom oeprations just don't want to>

I've seen all those videos. Why do you research some .edu pages from schools with accreddited mycology programs?

no one has been successful with a commerical morel operation.

No one has even come close to growing them consistently.

That doesnt explain why, retard.

look it up you dumb nigger

i was just suggesting OP forage morels if he lives in an area where they are prevalent

Do you morons think people wouldn't be trying to grow 300/lb mushrroms instead of 2/lb mushrooms if they could? You faggots don't know shit about economic mycology and I"m not going to give youa free lesson go buy some spores and knock your fucking self out you faggot

Sounds like the spores got into your brain buddy

Oh well. I just saw that first video a few months ago and thought it was super easy or something. Turns out I was wrong.

I was even already thinking to look for morels this spring just to try that. Thanks you anyways.

If they grow in your area making a slurry and dumping in your yard isn't going to hurt anything and will only cost you $5

I am a respected mycologist and get pretty worked up when people act like fucking faggots about toadstools

you can grow em. ignore the tards in this thread, most mushies (incl blck morels, etc) can be grown. you can't grow only a few like those pig hunter needed truffles in france or w/e.

I started about a year ago and now enjoy shiitake, oysters, tincture made from reishi, and relevant to biz - the mind boosting nootropic lions mane. get on my fucking trading and bot building level. and yes, lions mane fucking works. at least for me, it expands what you can hold in your mind at once, clarifies more trees in the forest at a time, etc. clarity and cognition. If I wanted to, I cos sell this shit to restaurants 15 bucks a lb, but fk that. don't wanna scale up, personal/ family use only is sustained with a standing martha greenhouse indoors. best hobby I ever took up.

main things are humidity, temperature, and sterility sterility sterility. you will need a pressure cooker. shroomery . org forums has all you need .

ama

that's what making spore prints is for

i love mushrooms so yes, i wont buy your guide but you have my moral support

>moral support.
>not morel support.
You hurt me Veeky Forums .

Missed opportunity

I was growing 50 pounds of oyster mushrooms per week in a 10x10 space last year.

Hah, I actually wrote a book on mushrooms and sold it as a ebook almost 10 years ago, it did well. I sold it with software though too, but most people just wanted the book.

This doesn't matter at all. Kek.

I did something similar with shiitakes on a smaller scale. I mostly cooked with them, but if I do it again I'll probably sell at the farmer's market and to local restaurants.

that was my intention as well but life led me elsewhere. If crypto doesn't push me into retirement zone I will probably start a larger cultivation operation after finishing college. Maintaining a stall at the farmer's market is a lot of fun.

You have to be extremely careful with spore exposure though. I came down with a nasty flu despite using a particle filter mask and a ventilation system.

you can get a family scale op up and running for less than 300 bucks. time management wise, I spend about 4-6 hours a week on the hobby. recurring costs max 20 bucks a month. illegals I stay away from, been there done that when I was younger, don't need a felony, low demand anyway. someone with more time and 600 bucks to start could probably do quite well selling direct gourmets to local restaurants

are you roger rabbit? :D

What are the species people go crazy for where you live?

In Southern Euro Lactarius species are very priced, but they're mychorrizal and therefore can't be grown commercially. That and the fact that it is a genus with many toxic look alikes. They can get pretty pricey though.

Here it's Morels and Trumpets.

Why hunt mushrooms when you can grow your own with one towel and a few wanks?

Good ol' Phallus Impudicus.

aware

kek WTF

Oh fuck I totally forgot about reishi. That stuff really is good.

Morels are nowhere near that. I think they're more like $40 / lb fresh.

You might be thinking of truffles.

You are a certifiable retard who confuses morels and truffles. I sure hope you don't eat anything you pick.

Truffles, if they're the right kind, go for $3,000 to $6,000. You can cultivate them using oak trees, but it isn't guaranteed to take and you won't find out if it took for approximately six years because that's how long it takes for the mycelium to produce truffle yields.

that looks dank pham whats it taste like and how much could you sell it for/kilo

that would have been dope, im not a mushroom fag thoa, i love them tho, i will do better next time

>the spores have been released

Where are you living? Is this feasible in Southern US?

/r/sporetraders accepts a lot of crytpo's

thanks mane. shit worths wonders and literally tastes like lobster. can get 15 a lb direct to grocer/restaurant (theyll buy all you have), or 20-25 per lb direct to customer (farmers market, not as much volume, lots of talking etc etc)

absolutely. ideal market down there too. I live in the desert and get away with temps ranging from 50f to 85f, but 75f is golden for most species, and cheapish to maintain with ac. my fresh air exchange and humidity are solid though.

dayumn that looks tasty. too bad I'm a neet loser to start my shroom bussines

for serious, lions sliced and sauteed in a little butter briefly, straight tastes like lobster, with a silky smoothness. that fruit in particular weighed in at 220g, almost half a lb. probably a month and a half total from clone agar plate, to spawn jar, to fruiting bag, to harvest. theres budget builds you can do. if you can get ahold of a used pressure cooker, youre shaving off 80 bucks right there. 300 will set you up with everything new for a personal/family grow. can pull it off for a hundy used parts sourced off CL and dine patience. fucking worth tho

I'm not but I know of him, won't link the site here but I was the only person selling software for personal mushroom cultivation. I don't work on it anymore though.