Boiling vegetables in water does not yield a soup, it just yields water and vegetables

>boiling vegetables in water does not yield a soup, it just yields water and vegetables
>it's the equivalent of drinking water and eating raw vegetables
>a soup has to have meat, potato, pasta, vegetables and a lot of spices to be considered a soup
>t. Swedish user 2016

As culinary artists, do you agree with these statements?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_aLajNCLaBs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consommé
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>this is a soup
>t. Swedish user 2016

I thought corncob stock was the shit

That is not a fucking soup. THIS is a soup. It needs to have MEAT and PASTA/POTATOES!

>it needs to have meat and pasta/potatoes
'no'

I agree. Dis a real soup nigga

Yes it does. Throwing a sliced carrot into water doesn't make it a soup.

If the water is clear then it is no soup.

Well said.

A soup isn't a soup because of its constituents (meat pasta etc), it's not a soup because it has a bunch of shit in it.
What makes a soup is the simple liquid taste formed by sauteing, boiling and then seasoning these ingredients and transforming their beautiful taste into something so amazing with such a smooth and relaxing texture.

This is a soup.

You lie.

No. If you boil vegetables in water and then blend it together, people would definitely call it soup. Swedish user 2016 is wrong.

>t. can't cook

Drinking water with a carrot in is not the same as eating a soup.

It is if you add salt and put it in a bowl with a spoon.

Drinking water with pasta in is no the same as eating soup. There, I made the same shitty statement you did without putting a thought into it.

If the water is clear and you can see through it it isn't soup no.

Have you ever tried boiling vegetables? My semen is clearer than what that yields

No because warm vegetables are fucking disgusting.

>As culinary artists

You need to be 18+ to browse and post on a website like Veeky Forums.

>muh mature taste meme

>muh vegetables taste bad meme

How much do you weigh? Truthfully.

>eating cooked vegetables is considered mature
Jesus christ dude.

>muh faggot comeback

75kg. You don't need to eat disgusting shit to stay healthy. You can eat good tasting fast food every day as long as you stay under 1000 calories.

>You don't need to eat disgusting shit to stay healthy
Enjoy your pancreatic/stomach cancer.

I don't want to live in the emirate of Swedenistan anyways.

Rannsaka dig själv.

is gazpacho not soup

say it with me: SPICES

>sweden
>having an opinion on cuisine
Stick to meatballs and smelly fish and leave real cuisine to the grownups, Ahmed.

First thing, it's spelled "autists" and secondly, no. There's a lot of fucking ways to make soup and pouring hot water over a sideboard is only one of them.

This is a soup

>don't need proteins
>stock

Pick one

That's retarded, why would you agree with that?

>t. Trump voters

That's awfully heavy for a 5 year old.

Throwing a carrot into water and heating it up will make it a carrot broth, which broths fall under the category of soups.

> has to have pasta

lol what the fuck?

Have any of you ever tried cold soup? It's great when the weather is hot.

No but I want to, tips?

youtube.com/watch?v=_aLajNCLaBs

It's originally made with Kvas, it's some molt drink you can buy at any russian or an eastern european grocery store. If you try kvas make sure it's not too sweet.

I would if I lived in America.

>muh mature taste
>muh vegetables

No. The liquid in a soup is not supposed to taste anything like water. If it does, then it isn't a soup.

>As culinary artists, do you agree with these statements?

Nope. Only shite soups are made with water. It needs to have some stock or broth in there.

Potatoes, pasta, and meat are certainly not required for a soup, though I will agree that meat (even if it's only in the stock) nearly always improves a soup.

Invandrare/10

Kek

While agree that boiling veggies in water is a shitty attempt at soup, you don't gain much from trying to list and define each exact thing it needs. Point is, you like it or you don't. Does't matter much how you define it.

Don't bully him

I prefer making a vegetable soup with broth/stock as a base, but a few times I've made it with water when I was flat broke. Not as good, sure, but it's still soup.

French Onion does better with water instead. The onion doesn't need the help and it makes it too heavy otherwise.

I've seen a couple "soups" made by pouring cool water over already cooked foods but I don't really consider it as a soup but more of a gimmick presentation.

Im a vegan and im voting for Trump. Bite me

>Nope. Only shite soups are made with water. It needs to have some stock or broth in there.

what the fuck do you think stock is made from?

WATER.
You boil something in water, then strain it. There is your fucking broth.

I make lentil soup using lentils, carrots, water and salt.

Never listen to a swede on anything about soup. They have zero soup culture and it fucking sucks.

They're goa gubbar though so they have that going for them.

No, not at all. Veg puree soups, consomme.

Some Americans literally cannot taste vegetables because since they were 3 they've been eating chips and chicken nuggets. They will add copious amounts of salt to a simple vegetable soup just so it tastes like something

>tfw he fell for the spice meme

I was going to disagree with you but then I realized most of our soups are probably french.

I'd wager the fish/seafood soups are pretty top tier tho

De är okej, men inte något speciellt.

I live amongst you. There's just not much soup eaten sold or made at home here. There's no real soup culture.

This is soup

>boiling vegetables
>raw vegetables
Even by Veeky Forums standards you're a colossal retard.

Looks like some go za to me senpai

No

A soup has to have stock tho

Every soup has stock, otherwise it's just boiled water.

Eww what the fuck man ?

I'd try that, it seems nice.

>If the water is clear and you can see through it it isn't soup no.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consommé

Wikipedia says that you're objectively wrong.

THAT'S MY FUCKING POINT.

t. the swedish user

>Swedish

Why would anyone care what a Swede has to say?

Fuck no. Swedecucks confirmed, as always, as cucked.

That's wrong, though. Water works just as well as a neutral medium. Stock is good because it improves the taste of soups and is best used to cook tame-tasting ingredients like celery, leeks and potatoes, but not tomatoes, zucchinis, or correctly prepared meats.

But cooking anything in water turns that water into stock. You can't have soup without stock.

Sure, if you want to argue that way, you're right. But the difference is important in my opinion.

Can't you at least stop bullying us when we post outside of /pol/ and /int/? It's not funny.

Go prep the bull, sven.

But user, I AM the bull...