Why is grilled steak so much better than indoor?

I've tried broiling, smoking pot cast iron, reverse searing. None of it comes close to the flavor of grilling. I'm talking about gas grilling too, it's not even a charcoal thing. I already get my indoor steaks pink in the middle and browned/blacked on the outside. Is there any more I can do or are indoor steaks just limited this way.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/VECUrBT.gifv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good question. I'll stick around for an answer.

Polyaromatic hydrocarbons

the marinades infuse better with a nice smoky taste, on pan or dish inside it's just going to collect grease

Your answer can't be right. I only use salt and pepper. There is no marinade.

is that actually a serious reply. is there science behind this?

Feel the burn. Then lick it.

It's because the steak gets activated.

>I've tried broiling, smoking pot cast iron, reverse searing. None of it comes close to the flavor of grilling
Then you're doing them wrong.

You're retarded if you think those are wrong.

sage

I guess grilling is okay if you're a soccer mom tier cook with no taste buds

>m-muh healthier meal
eat a fucking salad then fatass

After you have seared, lower the heat (a lot), and add butter, whole crushed garlic cloves, and a sturdy herb (thyme, sage, rosemary). Tip the pan and keep spooning the butter over your steak. Flip it a few times. If it has a strip of fat, hold it up and render that in the butter.

Now mostly empty the pan, deglaze it with some wine or stock, and cook some vegetables in it while the steak rests with most of the butter and the garlic poured on it.

Superior to propane steaks imo.

we watched the same gordon ramsay video i see

He obviously means there are many ways to cook a delicious steak and if only one way works for you then your skill at the others must be garbage.

Here's the thing. You could just propane it and do the butter and herbs separately.

Listen to me. Get a steak that's at least 1.5 inches thick, place a wifi thermocouple into the biggest steak. Place it in an oven heated to 280 degrees. Let it reach 120 degrees F. While this is happening fire your grill to 700+ degrees. Take the steaks out of the oven at 120 and let them rest for 5 minutes. Place a tab of butter on the steak and place them on a grill, let the fire lick the shit out of them for 2 minutes a side and pull them off to rest. Finished internal temperature should be 135.

>pouring flavored fat over shit cooked seperately

Breh that is not the same at all. What are you, fucking chinese or some shit? This aint steamed fish.

you kinda missed out on technique, didn't you?

It's not the same for a steamed fish because it was steamed. A propaned steak will have been browned with hot fat.

>not boiling steak for maximum juice

Cooking meat over fire is something fundamentally human. It's practically in our DNA to appreciate it, because it's part of what made us who we are.

One day, I was cooking steaks for the senpai. We do that a couple times a week. Ran out of propane. No charcoal either. Thought "what the hell" and grabbed a cast iron skillet.

Had read about cast iron steaks on this board. Watched a few JewTube videos to try to get a feel on temp required. Steaks were awesome. Wife loved 'em. Got one of the best blowjobs ever.

Have not grilled a steak since, and I've been grilling for 20 years.

Hell yeah, when you get bj's from an iron skillet.

OP back. Made this NYS with a reverse sear. Still doesn't taste nearly as good as grilled.

Could be a matter of taste.

That steak is burnt to a crisp

Surface is far under seared, inside is over cooked. No wonder it didn't taste great.

A sample of the retards who post here. One says burnt, one says over cooked. You're both retards but it's indisputable that at least one of you is wrong.

I'm with you, OP. I can work with charcoal or gas. Tonight it was charcoal

Tell me that's not a shit sear.

Also you cooked it to nearly medium.

It's both, you raging fucking faggot.
Believe it not, it's possible to fuck up a search while burning a steak to medium pleb.

*sear

>not grilling your meat with your m8s

pleb

yes. the juices from the meat drip down and vapourise which perfumes the meat. the heat is also generally more intense and circulates more effectively around the meat itself.

I am equally fond of grilled steaks as I am of pan fried using the reverse sear method. Honestly, it depends on the time of year. I don't grill in January, and I don't do cast iron in July. Either way is acceptable to me, though.

Pic of a recent Tri-Tip. I rarely have time to photograph prime rib on the grill...

So essentially this? i.imgur.com/VECUrBT.gifv

On mobile so it won't let me dl and post directly.

It isn't even seared at all, plus it's cooked medium.

And that cut of beef looks like it had zero marbling

looks really super yummy t b h

Try sous vide then a pan sear