Does freedom come with the absence of emotion?

Well what do you think /sci

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/sci/thread/6960656
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_emotive_behavior_therapy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

free of... is not free to...
it is rather a form of mental poverty

Is it a mental poverty though?
When you can't feel love? You can't feel heart break? Nor process others emotions.
In a way it could be seen as a positive thing

Kill yourself, faggot.

warosu.org/sci/thread/6960656

fucking cancer

Why you buying razor headphones to wear?
When you could be using razor blades instead?

You look like the human embodiment of syphilis

>You
lel no, not me, it is someone who was mercilessly mocked on Veeky Forums - but you already knew that

Damn I love this world

Rational emotive behavior therapy kind of proves this to some degree:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_emotive_behavior_therapy

>When you can't feel love? You can't feel heart break? Nor process others emotions.
this; emotions matter to hedonist who think hedonism is a good life style.
But of course, most people love hedonism far too much to stop being scared of leaving hedonism. Most people are not meant to be something else than hedonist. In fact, the whole humanity is here because people love to cling to what they feel and think and refuse to do something else with their life.

for people saying that hedonism is relevant,
>life=what you feel+what you think+what you expect from your desires from what you feel and think
therefore,
>grade your desires
and
>non acting on your favorite desires = non life = death

hedonism is not an effective doctrine to be happy. Hedonists believe that you literally die if you ''do not think nor do feel''. They have faith that 'no moving' is death.

of course, doing the opposite brings you a better life:
>perpetual evanescence and lack of control of what you think and feel, therefore cannot be taken seriously (to be happy) => stay still towards what you think and feel.

Once you try to reach stillness, you are more equanimous and benevolent.

Woah. That. Was. Good. Man

bunp

are you done masturbating?

>implying genius's such as newton, tesla, or even leonardo da vinci had emotions.
WEW LAD

needs counseling

the idea is clearly fucking retarded mate. Why would that be the case?

No. Perspective plays a huge role. If you percieve freedom to limit you, you will be limited. If you percieve freedom to be enjoyable you will enjoy it.

I drink to kill emotions. The after effects of drinking i mean, usually makes me dull and emotionless. I love it. Maybe the alcohol also ties in with freedomness? Fuck if I know...

you do not want to be alter and emotinless?

yeah, are you not?>

Perhaps pure logic could come with the absence of emotion, although for humanistic, highly subjective topics such as morals the emotionless person would still have to be aware of and understand the emotions of other people.
But just "freedom" is a much more vague and subjective concept. Absence of emotion could only be freedom if that's the one and only thing you could ever want.

The ultimate freedom is death of the ego

People free from emotion are known as Psychopaths.