What is the evolutionary purpose of moral disgust?

What is the evolutionary purpose of moral disgust?

I can understand that disgust over feces or rotten food was useful for survival, but why do we feel a much stronger disgust over amoral behavior, e.g. a promiscuous slut?

What is the evolutionary purpose of asking the evolutionary purpose of thigns ?

rules out impassionate people over compassionate ones.

Preparing the human body for avoidance behavior.

Societal Conditioning. Different cultures have different disgust stimuli, so it would make sense for it to be a conditioned concept.

>promiscuous slut
Only men feel this way, and it's because if you are the alpha male, the women in your group that are more likely to sleep around results in a higher chance that the children they have will not be yours.

It doesn't need to exist a evolutionary purpose in order to have the existence of moral disgust. It can very well be a by-product of different conditions in human psychology.

Also, even if this is Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums, Hegel's dialect of master and slave can be considered too.

>evolutionary purpose

For promiscuity it is because monogamy has a lot to do with civilization and being civilized. Its basal r-selected behavior.
Girls slut shame worse than men mostly because their methods are covert and just subtle

But why did such a thing as a cultural distinction between moral and immoral arose in the first place? How can it be explained evolutionarily?

I mean, besides obvious stuff such as murder, theft, promiscuity, et cetera.

To make sure rules that your group set are actually followed

Some of it is topical. Desert people don't eat pork cause they couldn't figure out cooking/curing for example. Other demands are just compliance, it sets precedence for being obedience and getting along .

All 3 of those have cultures that dismiss them.
Murder less so, but the Franks had regular murder, but ways built into their "legal" code to forgive it easily.

>promiscuous slut
I love sluts. Only betas don't like sluts because they remind them that they're so undesirable that even girls that sleep with everybody won't sleep with them.

Trudat. But when you say it, all the betas come out talking about "sloppy seconds" emphasizing that they're permavirgins.

this.

Art thou chimps or bonobos?

If you're living somewhere with insufficient refrigeration, it makes good sense to get disgusted by pork and shellfish for moral reasons even if they don't smell rotten. If you live where there is not adequate medical care, it makes good sense to get disgusted by anal sex. If you live somewhere without condoms, it makes good sense to get disgusted by the girl who sleeps with sailors. These are all disease-avoidant behaviors that are mediated exclusively by culture.

>>promiscuous slut

>Only men feel this way
[citation needed]

>and it's because (insert just-so story with no evidence)
[citation needed]

It is disease-avoidant behavior.

>disgust over amoral behavior, e.g. a promiscuous slut
>mediated exclusively by culture

I don't think so. I have an anecdote: Before entering a relationship with my first girlfriend, I'd known she'd had casual sex, though I wasn't too concerned about it because I live here in the West, where it's not particularly taboo; I've been conditioned by society to think it's arguably acceptable.

However, after falling in love with her and being in a relationship with her, I grew increasingly disgusted by it. Ultimately, that was the main contributor to me leaving her.

I would've felt okay just to fuck her. But the thought of being involved with her any more deeply than that is repulsive to me now. Again, this isn't something I rationally knew about myself before being put into that situation. The feeling was instinctive.

I don't think she's a bad person (by modern, Western standards), and I still speak with her often. However the feeling of repulsion is visceral.

I forgot to answer OP's question.

One obvious advantage to moral disgust is that it increases cohesion in society.

In the case of my anecdote, you can argue that disgust served as a heuristic to help find a good mate to raise offspring with.

This image pushes sex-positive feminism so hard that it's patronizing.

It's a laughably bizarre tactic too---to suggest that emulating lower-order primates shows virtue.

Because someone who has the power says so. Plebs don't have their own opinion. Patricians change the world, plebs adapting to changes.
If you want more then read Nietzsche.

>describing animal behaviour offends me

>[insert something you didn't say] offends me

That was my point. Look at what chimps can do and compare that to bonobos. Chimps can use all sorts of primitive tools, whereas bonobos have them handed to them on a silver platter by scientists. While chimps fuck for business, bonobos just have orgies.

Evolution don't work that way - or even emotions, for that matter.

But, if you wanted to go down that route, I'd call it a threat display. A method for the hierarchy alpha to express disapproval without entering combat.

But that's purely conjectural bullshit, of course.

Is that not how bonobos and chimps behave?

Your first sentence is offensively poorly stated.

Is your evidence against cultural mediation seriously "I, a Superior Member of Homo Sapiens who could not be affected by culture, also finds it disgusting?"

Because if so, I have some sad stories to tell you about how immune to culture you aren't.

>Realizing the food you're biting into isn't vegan
>Immediate reaction is Alpha threat display

Sounds legit, vegans confirmed for Master Race. Vegan SJWs who can get disgusted by reading words on a tumblr for Super Master Race.

Basically social contract. If humans can largely avoid killing each other, then they can advance as a species. There is no absolute morality, but each human has his own idea of what morality is, and it generally includes stuff like not murdering children and stuff like this. Basically the idea is that it's advantageous for you to find murder repulsive because you would be afraid of what the family of the person you kill will do to you.

>What is the evolutionary purpose of moral disgust?

What you should be asking is stuff like:
What do we know about the complex social interactions mammals have evolved?
What are the differences and similarities between the various species?
And are there typical human interactions that we don’t see in other primates, or are we pretty much like the other apes?

I don’t know anything about the subject but it strikes me that the expression of disgust is very similar to one of aggression. And as has suggested it might be part of whole range of expressions that communicate anger or aggression to various degrees. Where disgust is not a reason for an all-out attack but a pretty strong warning none the less.

I love sluts, I just don't date them