What will the future of medicine/hospitals look like?

What will the future of medicine/hospitals look like?

Also, are we likely to find a plausible cure for cancer in the near future?

Other urls found in this thread:

healthimpactnews.com/2014/the-cancer-industry-is-too-prosperous-to-allow-a-cure/
smbc-comics.com/?id=2438
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If we don't blast ourselves to the Stone Age, I think we could find a cure.

What if there is a cure to be made, would the government just hide it or what?

>If we don't blast ourselves to the Stone Age
>There are people who legit think nuclear weapons will be used in the age of mutually assured destruction

Terrorists hold no affiliations. They want to blow up as many people as possible.

We came really close several times.
One of those days, brah.

>There are people who legit think nuclear weapons are able to wipe out all of humanity and technology

cure for cancer can be found pretty easily if it has not been found yet.

all of this happens just because ton of money is made from cancer patients. It's pure profit nobody wants to lose

There will never be a cure for cancer. Cancer is so often nowdays because the envirement is slowly being poisoned by pesticides, heavy metals etc etc... The onyl cure for cancer would be if your bod ycould eliminate toxic elements from it faster and more efficently.

I was just to inb4 you.
Fuck you.

from current research I think the most promising ones are biological tratments of cancer. Trastuzumab, Rituximab etc are good, way beyond traditional cytostatics but it can be - and gradually is - pushed further by gene targeting, the custom made medicine for the patient. Another solid direction in medicine is 3d printers of biomaterial. In about 20 years it should be possible to print even something as complicated as lungs or liver

wrong board, lad

Hospitals may have more nurses and denser packed rooms. Waiting areas with more sanitation. Antibiotics that attack bacteria in ways they can not respond to. Surgery that requires fewer cuts and less steadiness.

Cancer... its inevitable. It would plague anyone over 120 years old. Make sure to wipe your bum and eat your veggies.

>inb4 don't even know what the fuck cancer is
cancer is stupid common name for at least a hundred different diseases with different symptoms, prognosis, aggresivity and treatment. For solid tumors which make some 20% of the "cancers" the treatment is relatively easy and the patient is very likely to survive and reach their death without relapse so it could be considered as "cured"-

>Also, are we likely to find a plausible cure for cancer in the near future?
Under capitalism, never

>The Cancer Industry is Too Prosperous to Allow a Cure
healthimpactnews.com/2014/the-cancer-industry-is-too-prosperous-to-allow-a-cure/

please die.

He's right, you know. Much more money to be made in prohibiting progress than allowing it.

to what end? the possibility this very information would leak and destroy the company and possibly the industry? It's a private company, not a charity. Of course they want money for the staggering blleding edge research they do. It doesn't mean they are so stupid they'll forbid the researchers to patent such revolutionary hypothetical medicine and lose everything if a) someone finds out or b) someone patents it first. These conspiracies are easily the most retarded things but still I have to hear/read it all day long.

Fuck off to or

The problem with a cure to cancer is that there are so many different types of cancer. I've heard it described as a cure for cancer is somewhat equivalent to wanting to find a cure for infectious bacteria. I think that we are probably getting pretty close to curing some types of cancer, but I think that the solution will be in genetic delivery (which will also be able to cure other things like cystic fibrosis, diabetes, etc.). I think we're probably 20-30 years out or so. One of the biggest issues with cancer research at the moment is that many studies have problems with reproducibility. Unfortunately, the proportion of cancer related papers where the findings are able to be reproduced is lower than just about every other field (and approaching soft 'sciences' numbers like psychology and sociology).

The information could leak, but it would be disregarded as quacksalvery or tin foil hats or conspiracy theories. Just like you accuse me of now for example.

Also it won't even get through peer review if not the right people can profit from it.

everything weill be replaced by robots except
social workers and psychiatrists

hospitals will be very similar to the hospital found in Mike Judges Magnum Opus "Idiocracy"
where surgery , disgnosis and treatment will all be done at the push of a button.

Until we get crazy nanobots that can read neuron signals and research has succsessfully localized the gestalt of what it means to be human in the brain. The only profession left to actually treat people would be psychiatrists, and social workers to address the environmental barriers to treatment.

also "treatment facililities" and old folks homes will be the new ghettos and projects and jails to house society.

fuck off back to you cancerbag

Geez, take off your pink glasses man. You are naive as fuck. How old are you

Anyone got the feeling CRISPR is going to change everything?

I really don't know enough about it but from what I do know I feel like we're about to get rid of a lot of diseases. Everyone working on/with it is hyped as fuck.

yeah its exciting. it is also exciting, though perhaps not in the same sense, when you realize that CRISPR could also be used to create an airborne virus that say, target for deletion the mitochondrial DNA of people of a specific genetic heritage, rather than just you know, targeting viral DNA to cure aids.

have you ever seen Prometheus?

That Johnny on the Job thing.

Yeeeah, and that no affiliation will help to the acquisition of many WMD

>They want to blow up as many people as possible.
That sounds to many suicide bombers

smbc-comics.com/?id=2438

Is that the flying spaghetti monster?

that's actually very exciting, there's not any rational reason not to eliminate all nonwhites on earth. we can know beyond doubt that it would be the right decision by any objective metric. do we not have a responsibility to end the suffering of creatures incapable of doing so themselves?