Now that comfy season is right around the corner give me your best brothy soup recipes, no super chunky shit pls

Now that comfy season is right around the corner give me your best brothy soup recipes, no super chunky shit pls
I want something tasty I can sip and soak bread in

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/228859/slow-cooker-french-onion-soup/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just boil some carrot, celery, and onion ends along with a rotisserie chicken carcass, bay leaf, and S&P. Skim it off and strain.

This broth is fantastic. I made it minus the rock sugar because I also added Hoisin.

vietworldkitchen com/blog/2008/10/pho-beef-noodle-soup.html

fucking a! then cut canned biscuits into fourths, roll in flour, drop into the soup after youve had some regular chicken soup out of it. simmer it gently until it's nice and thick and the dough has puffed up. great recipe for chicken and dumplings.

Erm.... also, make sure there is plenty of chicken chunks in it. Chicken n dumplings kind of needs heartier amounts of chicken. I used wing tips left over from a hotwing cook for the stock and added breast fillet cut into uniform sizes for the actual meat on this pot.

With the dumplings.

Looks p.decent actually.

Why, thank you. I didnt plan for it. I just didnt want the wing leftovers to go to waste and my boys loved it.

Though it can be a PIA to make, there's consommé, and lots of varieties.

All I know are stews

make chicken/beef stock as per usual
mix eggs, sour cream and garlick in a bowl
cut chicken meat or cleaned, steamed beef tripe into thin strips (0.5 cm on the side)
dunk it in the stock, adding some red bell pepper
when it has boiled enough, take spoonfuls of soup and add to the egg/cream, mixing vigorously
when you've added about an equal volume, dump the lot into the soup
garnish with fresh parsley, optionally sour up with some vinegar

has anyone tried chef johns chicken broth recipe? basically just requires a whole chicken and you'd do what you expect with it, seems to be a long process though. Never had homemade chicken broth always used bouillon or the boxed stuff and I love some good chicken noodle.
He also has a recipe for the actual soup when you are done with the broth where he uses pic related and idk I think i'd use a different noodle

allrecipes.com/recipe/228859/slow-cooker-french-onion-soup/

Make this around once a week during the winter. I have a big crock pot, so I expand on the amounts a bit and usually up the amount of onions quite a bit since I like my french onion soup super chunky and oniony. I don't have any cooking sherry so I just used shitty red wine that some chick left over. Worked fine, although sherry is better for it. Fucking comfy as hell and delicious, especially if you decide to do the bread the right way. Even bullshit wheat bread with like colby jack is still delish.

>allrecipes.com/recipe/228859/slow-cooker-french-onion-soup/
looks fantastic. Gonna check through the comics for improvements though usually all recipes is good for that

*comments, fuck

Yea, everyone has their preferences, but french soup is pretty damn easy no matter how you do it. Really the only things you can do is mess with the ratios of broth:onions:wine/sherry. But who knows, those all recipe people take their shit super seriously so they could have some gem comments out there.

I do like crock pot stews and soups though. Prep, throw everything in there, turn that shit on, and go hiking or out to the bar for a while. Come back and soup is either ready or damn near ready to dive into.

The bread really does add to it though. I did it completely legit one time when I was back home making it for my parents. Makes it 15-20% better with the sherry and the correct cheese and bread. Delish either way though. And cheap.

Those are not noodles, they're an Italian pasta made with flour and egg called tagliatelle. Very good with ragù too. If you do them in broth I suggest to add grated parmisan cheese!

I don't have a crock pot so my version is stove-top but I can post it if you want?

I'm partial to blended soups... leek and potato, butternut squash, carrots with pears...

Super simple carrot soup (sárgarépa krémleves). Recipe makes 2 servings but can be multiplied if/as needed:

Butter, 2tbsp
Flour, 2tbsp
Onion, minced, 1 average sized
Salt, as needed
Caraway, freshly powdered, yield from 1tbsp of whole seeds
Strong stock (chicken, veg and/or pork preferred far above any others), 1 cup
Carrot juice, 1 cup
Parsley, minced, a handful
Dill, minced, a handful
Cultured cream to serve, as desired
>tejföl is what I would use, which is like half-soured; it's not quite as tangy or thick as American soured cream, but it's not quite as sweet-tasting as fresh cream, either' you can mimic it by whipping together soured cream and fresh cream 1:1

Put butter, flour and onion in a pan with a heavy sprinkling of salt and set to high heat.
Cook, stirring constantly, until no bit of flour looks dry.
Add the powdered caraway, stir to distribute evenly throughout, then the stock and carrot juice.
Whisk to dissolve and evenly distribute the flour through the soup.
Bring to the boil, then off the heat and stir in the herbs.
Serve, drizzled with cultured cream.

Note: this is my cheat's version. It's supposed to be made by simmering 25dkg of carrot in stock then blitzing it smooth and straining it into a second pot in which you've sautéed some onion, but this quick version works just as well, I think.

for french onion? go ahead post it

Here you go. Also, nice quads.