I need to cook something from Germany

I need to cook something from Germany.
Any idea Veeky Forums ?
It needs to be Germany af

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share
english.alarabiya.net/en/special-reports/ramadan-2013/2013/07/25/Top-15-Ramadan-drinks-and-dishes-.html
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Eisbein
stylesatlife.com/articles/muslim-food-recipes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

jews

My oven isn't big enough

sauerkraut with wurst and Speck

kassler

sauerbraten

knödel

dampfnudel

bretzel

I don't think his guests will like the taste of soap.

What kind of German food do you want?
Something like Sauerbraten with Spätzle/Mashed potatoes, or something from the north like Backfisch.
Also Kartoffelsalat

I was searching a bit and Eintopf looks good
Also, the Apfelstrudel
[spoiler] weird names for a foreigner [/spoiler]

It needs to be... "exotic" or like that.
Not just meat or the Backfisch (we cook that here regularly, I just noticed that it's a german food)

Apfelstrudel isn't eaten that much in Germany, at least I didn't meet anyone where I've been so far. A good Apfelstrudel is fucking GOAT though.
A problem you'll most likely face is that German cuisine is pretty unexoctic in general. Zwiebelrostbraten with Spätzle (Spätzle are hard as shit to make yourself) for example. I feel like it's mainly the sauce and side-dish that makes it special.
Other than that maybe Weißwurst (eaten early and peel them after cooking ffs.), Kuddeln, Hackbraten. If you're looking for a dessert, maybe Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte or Eierlikörkuchen.
If you want to stay with Eintopf, my favourite is Gaisburger Marsch.
When my gf comes back home (in about 8 hours) she may be able to tell you some nordic food, I have no idea what the people eat up there.

Thanks for the help.
I'll keep searching for something interesting using that names (they still sound weird in name but looks good)

fpbp
Tradition exists for a reason.

>It needs to be Germany af
Well, then you want to go as traditional as possible. If you follow the traditions of Germans back to their roots, you will find that traditional Somali dishes, such as sabaayad (pic related) will be perfect.
It can be difficult to come by camel meat in most places in the world, but a substitution is okay (just don't use pork. We're talking about Germans after all, don't want to offend their religion).

Conversely, if you happen to be only serving women and children with your German meal, a single course of mixed black/Arab genitalia would do just fine. I hear that's all the rage over there these days.

Schnitzel with hunter sauce, peas and potatoes.

>kebab

and a jar of milk

>When my gf comes back home (in about 8 hours) she may be able to tell you some nordic food, I have no idea what the people eat up there.

Backfisch, Mockturtle, Granat, Labskaus, Kieler Sprotten and my favourite, which is actually a huge part of my area's culture: Grünkohl!

traditional german foods are very regional, also where are you atm (for shopping purposes),
any specific region in mind?

Strudel dough is not very easy to make. Another sweet recipe from the same region would be Kaiserschmarn.

Eintopf can vary a lot from family to family as it's a typical "Reste Essen". But like the other user said, Gaisburger Marsch is tasty. There are also some Fish Stews, but I dont know how they are called ( this guy is probably from the north)

>If you want to stay with Eintopf, my favourite is Gaisburger Marsch.
Or Steckrübeneintopf for that sweet, sweet war flashback.

KARTOFFELSUPP

Isn't Kaiserschmarrn from Austria though? I guess it's pretty much the same thing for an american, but very different for natives. Isn't Pfannkuchen (not the Berlin Pfannkuchen, which is actually a "Berliner") the German version?
The way things are headed, it could be prophetic as well.

Pfitzauf

When I had my final practical exam for my apprenticeship, a friend made a Quarkstrudel from scratch. The absolute madman. And it was great, too. He served it with strawberry mousse.

Yes, Kaiserschmarrn is Austrian. We eat Pfannkuchen in Germany but that's hardly "typically German". Milchreis would be more fitting for a German dessert, I guess. Maybe Bayrisch Creme?

Bayrisch Creme is so fucking good. Good call. But afaik. it's not easy to make...

Apfelstrudel is more austrian than german aswell. Not that is really matters as the borders changed so often. The map is germany just a few generations ago.

Pfankuchen can be found everywere in northern europe. Sometimes thicker, sometimes thinner. So it's not really easy to pinpoint an origin.

I did it a couple of times during my apprenticeship. When we first did it at a practical day at my Berufsschule, I had to work together with some guy from my class and he was really bad. He couldn't whip the cream, he just... stirred it. So my teacher gave him a hand mixer. He couldn't do it with one of these either, he mixed it too long until he had something that was more butter-like than anything else, so my teacher showed him where the fresh herbs were stored and sent him to the baker apprentices to get some bread so he could make bread with herb butter while we were making our Bayrisch Creme.

Give me a moment, I'll see if I have the recipe I used at hand.

Found it.

For 10 Portions.
>0.6L milk
>4 egg yolk
>125g sugar
>1 vanilla bean
>0,5l heavy cream
>8 sheets of gelatin

Bring the milk with the vanilal to a boil, beat the yolk and the sugar to a foamy consistency at the same time.
Pour the boiling milk slowly into the egg mixture. Keep stirring and give it a little heat until it slowly starts to thicken, then get it off the heat source. Get the soaked gelatin in there and keep stirring pour it afterwards through a sieve to avoid any gelatin lumps. When it starts to cool down, incorporate the whipped heavy cream.
Now you can pour it into forms or into glass ware. You can use a littl less gelatin if you want to serve it in these forms/the glass ware.

You can always experiment with this recipe, like adding chocolate, coffee, chopped nuts, liquor... in some cases you'd have to plan accordingly and change the ratio of milk/other liquids or use less gelatin if you want to use chocolate.

Pumpernickel, it doesn't get more German than that. Only real full grain pumpernickel is allowed though, that murrican imitation made with food color is not an option.

Entree: Liverwurst on Pumpernickel, slightly roasted in an oven for a few minutes.

Main: Lamb tenderloin wrapped in Pumpernickel, just like Beef Wellington

Dessert: Pumpernickel with Cheese

Drinks: Pilsner and/or dry Riesling

Schweinshaxe or Kassler served with Sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.

Food of the gods m8

For quite a while now I always get the cravings for Spanferkel with Bratkartoffeln and some nice Pfeffi.

>Schweinshaxe or Kassler served with Sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.
>Food of the gods m8
Listen to this cunt op you seething faggot.

Kebab
Lamb shawarma
Shakshuka
Hummus must be served with everything. Pork is a BIG no-no in German cuisine as it is not halal.

>German "cuisine"

try this. serve with taters or dumplings.

Use the half-oven technique

Might as well just make some kebab.

Sauerbraten nigga

hope you got some juniper berries around

Mettbrötchen

German food:
- Piece of meat, fried or boiled
- Some form of potato like mash, dumplings, fried
- Sauce usually made from the meat with roux or cream
- Side vegetable like cabbage, carrots, or spinach

On the whole it's not much different from a TV Dinner, only made well.

Some things that may be more exotic...

Yeast dumplings: Make pizza dough, form palm sized balls, let them rise, then boil for 5 minutes. Don't cut but tear for maximum absorption. Great with poultry sauce.

Brussels sprouts with bacon: Cube bacon and simmer it with pepper and nutmeg, add a dash of white wine and cream. Place sprouts in oven dish, add sauce, cover and bake on low for 45 minutes.

Laugenbrezel: Make pizza dough and let it rest. Roll foot long snakes and twist them into pretzels. Dip or cover in dissolved baking powder and sprinkle with rough salt. Bake like rolls. Serve with sweet Bavarian mustard and butter.

Trout 'Blue': Wash trout in hot vinegar before a low simmer in broth. It brings out a blue tint and adds a nice tartness to the flavor.

I grew up German and these are dishes we may make for holidays. Every day cuisine was mostly Italian, Greek, French, Polish, and Asian.

You're never wrong with Schnitzel, although Wiener Schnitzel (the breaded one) is Austrian. You're also never wrong with potatoes, but use potatoes, not potato products from the freezer.

Eintopf just means 'one pot' and is any thick soup with lots of ingredients. In Italy it would be Minestrone but the only difference is that they don't use broth as base.

Apfelstrudel is from Austria you illiterate faggot

Why? International dinner at your high school for extra credit?

Underage b& please out

Austria is basically Germany in the mountains.

>german af
>pick related

this dish is a little more contemporary taking on a heavy heavy muslim influence.

>raw meat

>af

Fuck off back to facebook faggot

This. Zwiebelrostbraten with Käsespätzle and Gravy

Blood and liversausage with Sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.
Minimal effort if you can get the sausages from somewhere.
Or Königsberger Klopse: veal meat Balls in a whote roux with lemon Juice and capes.
Or just some roast with semmelknödel.

>Königsberger Klopse
There's decent ones available canned in sauce.

Same with Sauerkraut. But the Blut- and Leberwurst in a can is a spread and no good for reheating. I guess you could fry slices like spam. But it'll be messy.

I'm German. I came her to tell you exactly this.

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share

Reheat them in a pot, it wont look Worse than what you'll have on your plate after emptying the sausages.

And make the Klopse from scratch you lazy Bastard.

my grandma made these, only without cabbage inside. I think she was from alsace though.

Eisbein. Never understood that name.

Hi guys, just seen the thread. Anyone made a joke about muslim food yet?
>shish kebab (add rape for a spicy finish)
Lol!

There's probably something on this list that you could make

english.alarabiya.net/en/special-reports/ramadan-2013/2013/07/25/Top-15-Ramadan-drinks-and-dishes-.html

does this even taste good? doesn't the chocolate fall off when you bite in it? does it taste like cheap chocolate?

there's bacon, pickles and mustard inside.

>Eisbein
Something to do with long bones used to make sled runners, or some kind of ice skates. Or so my dad told me...

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Eisbein

Doner kebab?

stylesatlife.com/articles/muslim-food-recipes/

That Eisbein is undercoocked. The fat and skin needs to be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

Tried it once out of curiosity, it *is* cheap chocolate and taste is tolerable but not great, guess moms buy it for their ADHD kids who would make too much of a mess when given Nutella.

If you still look for desert, consider Donauwelle.

It is orgasm in cake form.

Saurkraut, grilled pork loin, kartoffelsalat, and a salad.

Weißwurst mit Bretzel of course!

:^)

Again
Raw meat?

Döner Kebap of course.

Saddle of venison in strudel dough

I overheard this, off mic. " i will fuck you, but only one time, Angie."

Döner