Kitchen stuff

I'm currenty living in a pretty old apartment and I can't stand the kitchen anymore. Especially the electric stove (made before 1989 I think, as it's made in West-Germany) is driving me nuts.
It has the usual problems. Takes ages to heat up, stays warm forever and it's so freaking uneven and also quite hard to clean. If I don't drown the pan in oil, half of it isn't covered at all and I'm done with that.

I'm from Germany, so sadly I can't just get most of the standard recommendations.
I don't know how long I'll stay in this apartment, so I was thinking about getting something like pic related. Are there some fancy features I should look out for in these (external) induction stoves? Are they even any good?
Also I'd like to get a new pan, two to be exact. First should be cast iron, second ceramic.
If some kind user could name me a sharp, cheap all-purpose knife that'd be pretty neat as well.

Thanks in advance guys

Also useful kitchen utensils general, I guess?

Other urls found in this thread:

neff.de
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I haven't used such a stove, but from what I've heard they use up a lot of electricity

Look at gas camp and wok burners. Something with a bottle you can replace $50-$200. Gas cooking FTW. LodgeTM makes good cheap cast iron $50?. Victorinox paring knife $8. If you might be moving look for thrift shops to buy cheap utensils.

I think that should be fine. I probably shouldn't use both plates at max though, since that may blow the fuse, especially since the fridge and washing mashine are hooked to the same one. I think I'll just order from amazon, as I can just send it back if it acutally blows a fuse.
I don't think that I'll have any space in my kitchen for a gas canister. The induction stove is actually already pretty huge and I'll probably have to put a piece of wood on the old stove and just place it on top.
Lodge is actually available over her, about 50$ for a 30cm one, I think that's fair. Thanks. The victorinox knifes are really cheap, can't go wrong with these I guess.

When electric burners are old as fuck they suck balls. The cheapest, and possibly the best solution is to replace them if they still make replacements. New ones will glow red hot in 10 seconds. If you look around you may be able to find a whole set for around $50. The cool thing about old electric stove elements is they don't have the dumb ass relay switches and temp sensors that make them click on and off really fast.

>Germany

neff.de

Bit pricey but good shit m8.

I'd have to switch the covers as well then, as them being uneven is one of the reasons I'm hateing this stove with a passion.
Also I don't really want to invest anything into the kitchen itself. As I said, dunno how long I'll stay here anymore and I'd like to have a good stove in my next apartment (which will likely have a shitty one as well, as I'll most likely move to make my master) as well.
No way in hell can I afford one of their stoves right now. Maybe in a few years, when I finished college.

don't germans take all their appliances, including the oven, with them when they move out of an apartment?

that sounds like a pain in the ass

Check your pots with a magnet to verify they'll work. Make sure the bottom diameter of the pots and pans fits in the max diameter of the induction 'burner'.

You can, if you provided it in the first place. The place I moved to already had a kitchen.

Although I'm talking shit about it now, it was still by far the best I could find. Some people actually think that they can promote an apartment with pic related as "ideal for two people".

One last bump.

>I think that should be fine. I probably shouldn't use both plates at max though, since that may blow the fuse, especially since the fridge and washing mashine are hooked to the same one

Are you sure the original hot plates aren't on a separate fuse? If so you'd be better off tapping that power connection than using a normal kitchen socket.

>Are you sure the original hot plates aren't on a separate fuse?

I'm not OP, but they almost certainly are.

>>If so you'd be better off tapping that power connection than using a normal kitchen socket.

Which might be difficult. Normally, a "permanently installed" type of oven or range uses a different electrical connection than a portable appliance.

theres one at kmart for 59 dollars ive been thinking about getting it LOL

I'm the original OP and this guy is absolutely right. Also it's pretty much impossible to reach the socket without disassembling half of the kitchen. I'm pretty sure it's too old to actually build together afterwards again. The screws probably won't bind (right word?) ever again.
If I could use the stoves fuses I'd do so in an instant.
2 plates for 59$? That seems pretty cheap.

If it's three phase he could split the phases and attach 2 or 3 individual induction hot plates to the phases to make best use of the available power.

>it's so freaking uneven and also quite hard to clean. If I don't drown the pan in oil, half of it isn't covered at all and I'm done with that.
You do realize stoves have adjustable feet explicitly for leveling the stovetop, right?

it's built into the kitchen. No adjustable feet on that.

>I don't think that I'll have any space in my kitchen for a gas canister.
Countertop gas burners use a small canister that generally fits inside the thing,not like you're using a 50lb canister lol.

All the high quality looking ones I could find had to be used with an external canister. (It's also all I knew from camping)
The ones with integrated smaller canister look cheap af. To be honest I'd prefer the clean look of an induction stove.

I love how no one here is even acknowledging the stove you posted. Personally, I would get it since I have something similar and it works rather well. However, it won't last for a long time.