This is LITERALLY anime curry

>we've made this thread many times before
>we've become extremely good at it

Meanwhile the "how to make ck better" thread gets deleted by mods

Reminder:
>they do it for free

>inb4 you get a "the quality of the posts is extremely important" warning

Is there such a thing?

I only got banned once, long time ago, because I posted in a normal thread that was hijacked by CP

>quality of the posts
Kek

Gay shit

No don't follow the directions on the back.

You shouldn't use water, you should use stock. You should brown any meat you're using. Certain veggies like onions and bell peppers can be but the curry shouldn't simmer to long or the veggies get too soft.

If you're using chicken you should marinade it in yogurt. If you're using beef, you should heavily spice the meat.

Definitely add extra spices. A little chocolate, honey, and/or beer in the curry is nice too. I usually make my curry pretty spicy but I also add in an apple towards the end. You can't tell the difference between the potatoes and apple when you're eating it, but some of the bites are spicy and some are sweet.

you draw it

While I agree that most of your suggestions are good for curry in general, they're not typical for what OP asked for. Japanese curry is not the same as other types.

The "how to make Veeky Forums better" threads or the " I want to attention whore and have my name in a useless sticky " thread?

Japanese curry is just stew with a roux and curry powder. That's it. Throw in some apple or honey or tomato if you want. There's no magic to it.

Yes, that was my point. That's why I told OP to follow the box directions.

I work at a japanese restauraunt and there's butter and a bit of fat as well as slow cooked beef which is then pureed and a boiled mix of apples and onions which is also pureed, and of course the curry cubes. it's really good but definitely a differently way of making it

It's kind of disappointing that restaurants use the cubes instead of making it from scratch, but I suppose that makes sense. I'm sure most restaurants in Japan do it the same way. It's still shitty though.

The 'chan is not for you.

Japanese curry is shitty.

I remember watching a video on Japanese curry and it showed a restaurant that specialized in the original "navy recipe". They made their own roux every day using beef fat & flour. But that's probably a rarity.

Put the bullet in your head and all the anime you could ever want will be yours!!

Looks like dog food.

Get a piece of paper and some markers.

youtube.com/watch?v=KKR6eRwEPdA

It would be better without the likes of you quite frankly.
The shit posting is killing Veeky Forums.

The x is killing y, especially shitposting as the x has been said by many simce i can remember. Its never been the case. Without me you'd lose almost 0 replies since i mainly go on /dng/ and /brew/. Without you wede lose someone who complains in threads, derailing them and being without humor.

>Without me you'd lose almost 0 replies
How exactly can you lose zero?
Retard.

>How exactly can you lose zero?

That's the point sempai. There would be nothing lost.

/thread

Who cares. Veeky Forums is a slow board, there's no need for sperg-driven moderation.

You know, a lot of threads aren't all that slow really
Or maybe I'm at fault for comparing them to /trv/ level speeds, I dunno

I feel like the Japanese just like using cubes just as much as we like using pre-made stock.

You don't see people ragging on each other for buying jugs of pre-made stock or powdered stock, and not making it from scratch every time, right?

Your feelings is irrelevant.

Military secret

Cretin.

DELET THIS

Make brown gravy, make it slightly spicer.

That's about it.

Can any other curry be even nearly as oishi desu ?

face it, thai is just stagnant water that they put rotting shrimp in, vietnam curry with hunks of soggy baguette is disgusting, indians don't know anything about curry, only pooing,

Anime curry is truely the most sugoi

Get out, weeb.

ee-eh baka desu

That's literally what the guy you're replying to originally said, dipshit.

Faggot

Wait, did they animate past the Golden Age arc?

Sadly, yes. Its shit don't pay attention to it desu

This version is better

So I waited a decade for them to carry on and it's shit? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

youtube.com/watch?v=g9Tsgpk9JwI

The movie retelling of the golden age arc was pretty got. The CGI may not fly with you, but I thought it was entertaining and looked pretty good. The continuing series looks much cheaper than the movie though, and the problems that are Guts extended party (Ishidro, Puck, Im looking at you) is more jarring when you actually have to hear their japanese funnyman voices.

This is a food and cooking board.
Weebs really are this stupid.

because it's a stew you should totally brown the meat and onions

CLANGGGGGG

really milk coffee?

Just because its Japanese doesn't mean its perfect. All my suggestions heavily improve the recipe and I can't think of any other styles of curry that are improved with honey or beer. Indian style would need grated apple to not be weird and it wouldn't work in any Thai dishes either since they don't include potatoes

>it's like asian chili

...honestly, that's a great descriptor that I've never considered before.

I love me some thai chili.

>thai is just stagnant water that they put rotting shrimp in
[citation needed]

Such curry is easy as anime!

asian shop curry roux, simmer and stir-fry a lot of carrots and potatoes and onions.
After that it depends on the region put it pork or beef, take the lye (aku/灰汁).
Pork in Tokyo, is the beef in Kansai. There is also a region of the chicken and seafood!
(Google translate sorry)

I have no idea how, but last time I prepared curry, I felt like a 2D loli when I ate it.

It was simply outstanding and I don't think I can pull it off again.

I always use the one you posted. I absolutely love it, thanks for inventing it.
The way I prepare is also exactly as you told and it always ends up oishi desu.

plz go to Asian shop.
Get JP curry roux,so make easy and super delicious!!

waaa arigatou!!
If you look at the video to make a curry in youtube, but it is really easy!
I like the curry to cut the potatoes and carrots in a large size! sooo big!! lol

Why does Jap curry just look like cheap canned beef stew?

Is it actually any good? Lots of Indian curries are fucking delicious...

I was referring to the United Kingdom of beef stew during the war. Please try to search if you like(^_^)

Dude, it may look like it, but it's absolutely delicious and simple.

I couldn't stop eating when I spent my vacations in Japan. Even chains like CoCo served amazing curry.

The main difference between Indian and Jap curry is that the Japanese is much sweeter and less spicy.

>Why does Jap curry just look like cheap canned beef stew?
Because that's what it is. It's just a thickened stew with curry powder. It's pretty good, just don't try to compare it to an Indian curry because A.) not even Indian curries are all the same, and B.) it's not trying to be Indian curry. It's a totally different dish. Only some of the spices are the same.

>using curry blocks

literal shit

OP wants to replicate a specific style, not make the most perfect curry possible.

Or at least that what the very first OP wanted, now anime curry is just shitposting.

The blocks are fine, they're just unnecessary. Japanese curry became so popular because it was already easy to make. The blocks are just another element of the overemphasis on convienience products and the atomization of everything in daily life. They're good to have around when you're really in a pinch, but it's so easy to make a decent curry from scratch, I wonder why so few actually seem to. At worst, you spend a couple hours caramelizing some onions, but even that isn't essential.

Japanese style curry taste the same whether from the block or scratch

I like spicy and savory far better than sweet 2bh.
So have I been making jap curry? Lots of times when I make beef stew I add hot curry powder, and rice is a pretty common combination with soups and stews here in the South.

Basically, yeah. Thicken it up with a roux, and maybe add a little something sweet, and you have Jap curry.

What does this say?

>The main difference between Indian and Jap curry is that the Japanese is much sweeter and less spicy and less fragrant and has less flavor and is one average dish not hundreds of incredible dishes.

>Im a faggot that just discovered how to cook the original version of my favorite food from Good Eats and think that cooking isn't constantly evolving and that there is only one way or technique to make something and it was done perfectly in this recipe I found on the internet

Thai curries are good, Indian curries are good, Japanese curries are good, British curries are good, and they all are very different and don't have to be ranked to be enjoyed. You seem like the kind of guy where apples and oranges as a saying isn't understood. Of course everyone like one fruit over the other when compared totally by themselves, but they are both good in their own ways and are added in totally different dishes. The guy who loves orange juice over apple juice usually isn't going to want a fuck ton of oranges baked into a pie

does jap curry work without beef? my stomach can't handle beef but i haven't tried it otherwise. Would chicken get overcooked?

It works with every single animal protein, although I've never seen it with tofu although I assume that has happened

kek do you seriously think jap or 'british' curries are on par with indian or thai?

This looks amazing.

Sure, though chicken might be a bit plain, you can try pork if you like.

>if I suck enough shitskin dick people will see me as cultured!

Underrated post

Legit indian curries suck compared to british "indian" curries

>onions cut unevenly
>curry block
Trash.

this. I was actually thinking about this a week ago, like some guy in the 50s trying to appeal to western white people to get them to eat curry. I came up with this east vs west indian cowboy chilie concept, with props like wagon wheels that also serve as those spinny Buddhist wheels. each plate would be served with a kind of bread, and two chilies, one east, one west. The menu descriptions would tell quirky fictional stories about each dish. I have no idea if it would be successful but fuck, basically flail wildly because theres no way in 1940-50 any white well to do people are going to be eating curry. Now in britain you'd get adopters right away. In fact i bet if you knew a bunch of british people who lived nearby you could get them to shill it for their american friends.

British curries are basically just Indian curries but hotter and with more meat and better quality ingredients.

Thai curries are OK but not really comparable to Indian/British curries.

I doubt it.

I've noticed that most White countries tend to adopt one 'hot' ethnic cuisine and then stick with it.

You get Indian food in the UK and Mexican food in the US but you don't get Mexican food in the UK or Indian food in the US because the niche is already filled.

There are 5 Mexican restaurants in Manchester UK but over a thousand Indian restaurants.

Probably has more to do with immigrants 2bh. UK has far more Indians than the US and US has far more Mexicans and other Latin Americans than the UK.

Well that is shitty Japanese curry

Holy shit that colour looks pretty fucking deadly.

I just made it based off that recipie. It's literally so spicy I could barely taste it.

Make beef stew with tomato paste, add roux and curry powder, pour it over rice.

that was difficult to watch

theres a lot of indian restaurants in the US. Theres a lot of restaurants in the US

>There are 5 Mexican restaurants in Manchester UK
What are they? genuinely curious

We aren't really exposed to much mexican cuisine, besides shit like tacos, chilli, various wraps that's exciting as things get. The most interesting place I've been to is the Las Iguanas chain since their food spans south america.

>How do I make anime
Stop right there, motherfucker!
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZgVBcLz3R0
My boy Francis will take care of you. For all your culinary weeaboo needs!

Pancho’s Burritos. Has a 'hole in the wall' style stand in the Arndale Centre and a real restaurant on Oxford Road. Has a won some regional awards and had a TV show with black chef meme man.

El Capo in the Northern Quarter. Pretty good atmosphere and decent food. For some reason they serve nachos on a plank of wood.

Barburrito in Piccadilly Gardens. It's fairly good but nothing amazing.

Chiquito's in the Printworks. Basically a chain restaurant with a Tex-Mex theme.

Taco Bell also in the Arndale Centre. Trash tier fast food that you should try once to understand what Americans are talking about.

Thank you based Francis.

>Taco Bell also in the Arndale Centre. Trash tier fast food that you should try once to understand what Americans are talking about.
Taco Bell really has nothing to do with either Mexican food or Tex Mex