Why doesn't this work? I know this is a shitpost and I'm an idiot but why doesn't this work?

Why doesn't this work? I know this is a shitpost and I'm an idiot but why doesn't this work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cRkuFenWLgg
youtube.com/watch?v=8RZB1xstXS0
sciencefocus.com/qa/do-magnets-wear-out
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Inertia is not magic, fan will just stop (one of blades will get stuck to the magnet).

thanks for the help

did you really need assistance to think this through ?

It works actually
youtube.com/watch?v=cRkuFenWLgg

>free energy
>what is effiency
>what is slow decay
>what is work extraction
>what am thermodynamics
>what be state of is that call BAIT

If you flip the polarity on the magnet (so that it repels) as soon as the fan blade passes it, you've got a better shot. I believe that's essentially how magnetic-acceleration roller coasters work. I doubt you'd get a perpetual motion device, but you'd at least overcome the problem the negative nancy above pointed out.

Magnets get weaker the more you use them.

>It's unexplained in current terms of physics
>So it's invalid
Nice fallacy, retard

>electromagnetic motor
Show me electricity that doesn't rely on magnetism or magnetism that doesn't have electric fields and then you can color me impressed

Entropy
Loss of potential energy
Ever heard nothing lasts forever?

> Entropy
> nothing lasts forever
explain. I feel like you never read up on entropy and just using template meme words that you don't understand.

It's true.

It's a rather slow process, but "permanent" magnets are kind of a misnomer.

Ever used a magnetic screw driver a lot?

How do you decelerate when you reach the moon without leaving an impact crater

still waiting for an explaination.

This is bait, right?
First of all, all I know is that I know nothing
And I'm not extremely studied up or anything, but when energy is used, that's it. It's used. Things decay. Energy decays. The attraction between magnets is an electric field. The transfer of electrons eventually will cause the poles to balance out, as well as potential energy decaying. As I said, you use energy, it's gone. I'm only in introductory logic classes and my buddy is the one who's gone through thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and the like. But these things seem fairly elementary, i dont know the equations or the in depth specifics, but I've watched the science channel and discovery network as a kid. I took 8th grade science classes. Magnets aren't magic.

I'm not the guy you originally responded to. Every physical process has entropy. In magnets, this entropy manifests itself in equalizing the magnetic hysteresis in permanent magnets.

Please stop pretending to know what you're talking about.

> Energy decays
> when energy is used, that's it
> The transfer of electrons eventually will cause the poles to balance out

You need to get physics 101 before posting here. Energy is transferred into other mediums, it doesn't go anywhere or just dissapear as well as appear. Magnets have an atomic arrangement which gives them their magnetic properties but over time their internal structure changes with each use.

> magnets aren't magic
congrats on having 5th grade education. I don't know why you're talking about magnets but I'm still waiting for you to explain Entropy and how it's the end of everything.

> explain this
> Please stop pretending to know what you're talking about.
what ? are you stupid ?

Except thats wrong you fucking retard.

>I'm still waiting for you to explain Entropy and how it's the end of everything
Because entropy causes disorder, which on a macro scale tends to result in an even distribution of energy. This applies to permanent magnets as well as ice cubes in a hot cup of coffee. But you probably already know this and are just being a jackass.
Please enlighten me, o wise one.

Conservation of energy and entropy. The same reason a rock rolled down a hill will not magically roll up to the top of an opposite hill of the same height. Friction causes energy leakage. It will oscillate back and forth for a period and eventually settle in the valley.

its for the same reason you can't fly by pulling on your shoelaces really hard

Another guy here. For the purposes of this question, the effect you are suggesting is negligible.

Temperature and opposing magnetic fields are the most significant factors in modern magnets that aren't garbage. Maybe using a magnetizing tool on a fucking screwdriver will have less desirable results.

Simply.. It would take just as much energy for each metal blade to pull away from the magnet as was the attraction. The magnet isn't going to "switch off" as the blade passes..

Another scepticist create a magnet motor and its sudenly work
youtube.com/watch?v=8RZB1xstXS0

OP your design sucks. not enough magnets

>If you flip the polarity on the magnet (so that it repels) as soon as the fan blade passes it, you've got a better shot.
>itt: user invents the electric engine

You literally just described a motor, and to an extent a regular 3-phase generator.

Well done I guess

this made me chuckle

I kek'd hard. thanks user

sciencefocus.com/qa/do-magnets-wear-out

Sling shot around, use less fuel, use another rocket, or all of the above.

> entropy will kill everything
> because magnets wear out