At home I can cook chicken and rice and stuff

At home I can cook chicken and rice and stuff.

Everything I can make tastes like shit when reheated.

What kind of meals can I cook at home, take to work, and be able to enjoy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_cereus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"wet" foods like soups, stews, chili, pasta sauce, and so on are easy to cook in bulk and reheat well.

...you're not reheating rice, are you?

It's the meat/chicken that gets ruined when I reheat it.

Okay. Just wanted to check. While it's possible to reheat rice, it's pretty bloody difficult to do it properly without poisoning yourself.

So when you reheat, you're removing *more* moisture, on top of all the moisture that was lost when you cooked it. So you have to reheat it in a way that keeps as much moisture in as possible; seal it in a container, or wrap it in foil, and reheat it gently so that you don't dry it out.

Reheating rice is perfectly acceptable.
The gooks in Vietnam and Nippon managed it well enough before the USA bombed them.

>without poisoning yourself

Wtf I reheat rice all the time and have never been poisoned, turned into a vegetable or a zombie.

Idk the napalm probably helped them reheat rice, just put the bowls outside when you heard the jets or chopper coming. We helped them save money on cooking fuel. Who says amerifatland isn't altruistic?

>Vietnam
>loses war
>talks shit

Americans.

You're an idiot. The problem with rice is that if you let bacteria grow on it by letting it sit in the 'danger zone' for too long, you can't kill the bacteria by heating it. And that's if the bacteria is present in the first place for it to grow spores. The only thing you need to do to avoid bacteria growth with rice, and food in general, is just keeping to the good practice of letting food cool quickly, and then putting it in the fridge.

>You're an idiot.

Yeah. Silly me relying on facts.

>The problem with rice is that if you let bacteria grow on it by letting it sit in the 'danger zone' for too long, you can't kill the bacteria by heating it.

Like I said. While it's possible to reheat rice, it's pretty bloody difficult to do it properly without poisoning yourself. The OP is literally a poster who can't figure out how to reheat chicken without ruining it, but sure, he knows all about food safety and the dangers of storing & reheating rice and I'm the idiot.

What about fresh dishes? Such as quinoa with curcuma powder, vegetables and chicken or barley with pesto, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and green beans? You can cook them the day before and they will still be tasty and healthy as hell

Any stew, chili, or curry.
Anything where you keep the sauce separate from the starches.
Wraps, sandwiches, pierogis, calzone, anything in puff pastry.
Salads, soups, meatpies, antipasti.

The only thing that doesn't work is freshly fried meat.

Casseroles. Casseroles were made for this role.

Not that user, but you sound like a smug insufferable sack of shit.

People have been reheating rice for thousands of years.

Nearly every rice eating culture has a fried rice analogue and half a dozen ways to eat reheated rice.

These have been developed for the most part without modern refrigeration methods.

Sure there are risks to reheating rice over and above something that doesn't contain those types of protein, thinking reheating rice = illness while claiming knowledge about food safety is flat out retarded.

Also, the reason he is ruining the meat is presumably because he is overheating it.

I make fish/chicken, rice and steamed veggies every night and take the second serving to work. Keep a small amount of chicken stock, pour over rice, place protein on top. Microwave with Tupperware vented instead of wide open.

So long as you season your protein it should taste just as good as any fast food/sit down place you head to.

>bloody difficult to do it properly without poisoning yourself
>facts
Except you're extrapolating retarded conclusions based on incomplete knowledge of the subject matter.

It would only be a mild concern if the rice was initially undercooked. Even then, if the rice is refrigerated, it would be improbable for any residual bacteria or germinating spores to proliferate, colonize, and evade your immune system.

>you can't kill the bacteria by heating it

You're both idiots. The only dangerous bacteria that you couldn't kill by heating to boil would be botulism, which thrives in low oxygen, non-acidic environment, not rice left out on the counter. The worst that would happen is it might start to mold after a few days, dumbass. Flavorwise it might be a bit sour after 3 days, but you're not getting sick if you ate it even without boiling, you childish morons.

You're an idiot too
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_cereus

Chili
Meat Sauce and pasta
Chicken/Tuna/Egg salad
Roast beef or pork

Nigger what?? I've been reheating rice for all my life and never once got sick.. I'm not even Asian..

make chicken sandwiches

Certain people read stuff online and take it to hyperbolic levels. If you see someone saying something like reheating rice is difficult/dangerous, Chicago pizza is a casserole or that soap damages the finish on a cast iron pan, you should just ignore them because they're autistic. since they can't manage normal conversations, they know these will get responses from people telling them they're wrong all the while actually believing what they wrote. You can bet they're also white

Autism: the post.

And it's sequel.