A breakthrough in Geometry: Feels good thread?

Hello Veeky Forums
Its 2 AM in the morning here and I kinda had some decent breakthrough in geometry.
Still verifying if the methodology I implemented is correct or not. But I am happy. :)
The reason about posting it here is I wanted to share this happiness with someone but I just now realised that I have no friends to share it with.

Also recent breakthrough's thread I guess?

Going to give any details at least about this breakthrough?

It is about capturing data from 5 dimensional space from 3 dimensional viewers perspective.
It kinda sounds meaningless but this math was required for some research in physics which is going to start in a few months

Love u OP ~

pic related is hot

and youre a nerd

nice going Veeky Forumsster.

what's the difference between
capturing data from 5 dimensional space from 3 dimensional viewers perspective
and
capturing data from 4 dimensional space from 2 dimensional viewers perspective
?

share arxiv link when you upload

Time for a sequel after 78 years.

then you should open your window and jump :^)

congrats, friendo. Threads like this are always motivating to study more

>Guy comes on \sci to talk about legit work he's doing

Bravo

What is this Math based on? Tensors and shit? My only knowledge on tensors are that they come from linear algebra. Are you an undergrad preparing for thesis or at a higher level?

I wanna make a breakthrough on those legs

It is an analogy. Must be painful for you to be unable to understand these basic things.

In your example, there is no difference as the dimensional jump is 2 in both cases.
When jump is 1, we can still retrieve data from multiple perspectives in the same dimension. Similar to how you go from 2D to 3D.
When you are having 2 jumps in dimensions, unknowns are more and the math becomes complex.

Not using Tensors, its mostly simpler vector algebra. the equations are just bulkier. And I'm a grad student.

Me too user, me too.

>Not using Tensors, its mostly simpler vector algebra. the equations are just bulkier. And I'm a grad student.

Okay, sweet. Would you care to explain how you go about capturing data from 5-d space from a 3-d dimensional viewers perspective using said vector algebra? Also, what's the physics research that you are going to be doing?

Good OP, I'm happy. Geometry is truly fascinating, once you go past a certain point.

As for me, I'm having a good time working on ideas in my spare time which deal with group isomorphisms. I don't know how to describe it, but basically I'm trying to understand what kind of algebraic structure a set of isomorphic groups form, if any of course. So I'm trying to see if one could create a structure composed of structures and bijections between structures that operate on a similar fashion, and what this would be. With monoid and semigroups that was interesting but not as much as groups for some reason.

Some algebraists could laugh at such a silly idea, but again it's just a spare time hobby.

Found the highschooler

What do you do have food on the table? Just curious.

>what kind of algebraic structure a set of isomorphic groups form, if any of course. So I'm trying to see if one could create a structure composed of structures and bijections between structures

What is the operation you are using? Composition or something? How much algebra do you know? I'm starting a thesis and I'm beginning to dig around into my proposals to see which one I like the best. It's so exciting.

I developed a Neural Network that can grow and prune layers, neurons and synapses to approximate the ideal solution regardless whether the initialised network was too big or too small.

>What is the operation you are using? Composition or something?

I decided to start from the basics: an operation is a subset of a bigger set. Then, homomorphic bijections connect a set of structures to the set itself, so I thought I could consider the power set and go on from there. Of course composition is the first thing you think about when talking about functions, but we already know the ins and outs about it. So, I invented a new good operation. I won't say anything else, this is still a project.

>How much algebra do you know?
I'd love to be able to answer that question.

>I'm starting a thesis and I'm beginning to dig around into my proposals to see which one I like the best. It's so exciting.
I'm happy for you, truly.

What you are talking vaguely relates to point set Topology from what I know but I haven't looked at either what you are doing or Topology seriously. Topology involves something about finding structures on sets of sets and a homeomorphism is defined as a bi continuous function between two topological spaces, which are just sets equipped with some basic rule that generates subsets of sets. Have you looked into Topology?

Take it to kid. There are no more dimensions than 3.

>Doesn't know a thing about physics

>what is time?

Implying there's more than one dimension

are you literally retarded? what do you think a dimension is?

do you even know what phase space is?

I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject. What does the Fifth dimension generally describe? Isn't the fourth change in time, what's after that?

Cristin Laguna

Who cares?
If it's math it doesn't have to correspond to anything in reality.

In Kaluza/Einstein/Bergmann parlance () it denotes an added spatial reference (4d space). They called it the fifth dimension because No.4 was already occupied by time. 3+1 and 4+1 would be a more reasonable notation.