youtube.com/watch?v=JvYgH8OuE8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

japs are from china so its all chinese food

human are from central africa so its all african food

China by far

>eating raw fish

Americanized: Chinese
Authentic: Japanese

Authentic Japanese food might be bland but at least it isn't insects and mystery meat fried in gutter oil

tru tho

Just gonna leave this here
youtube.com/watch?v=JvYgH8OuE8I

>bland
anyone who says this has no complex tastebuds, because it's subtle but the flavor in japanese food is very good.

>complex tastebuds

neck yourself

I'm talking about what average people eat in an average day, not cherrypicked restaurants. Also there's not much subtle in the way of rice and vegetables.

>muh umami

Indian > Jap > China

I honestly don't know, as the only examples I have had of each we're versions made for Westerners.

poo

Non gutter oil chink food is great and there are so many different kinds.

Japs take raw fucking fish and try to charge you top dollar for it

Yup, that's a good diarrhea strength comparison.

I prefer Japanese

China

But there is no need to choose, you can have both, user

i can't be fluent in both ;_;

or it would take along time at least

Chink food

Sorry japs but the only thing going for you is sushi and I don't give a shit about it

I remember a screencap of a guy who begs people to not learn chinese because they're all liars and no better than con artists at least when it came to bulk materials procurement

Said not to learn Chinese cause your company will find out and send you to China to deal with those assholes

You don't need to be fluent to eat their food.

I was in mexico for 2 weeks and I learned enough to order food from everywhere.

Granted spanish is easy as fuck, but still.

Mexico

have you tried eating sushi in any non-landlocked city? as you get closer to any kind of coast sushi get exponentially better.

>non-landlocked city
>city

>authentic Japanese
>bland
kaiseki and sushi isn't everything my guy.

oh yeah, and you can't really get any good sushi outside of any cities, so i'm guessing the only sushi you've had is the kind that uses week old fish. seriously, if you've never actually had good, fresh fish, you haven't lived.

Chinese food is considered one of the greatest cuisines on the planet with immense depth and complexity due to the hundreds of techniques and variations of foods out there.

Japanese food is a small island having little resources so they maximise the most out of what little ingredients they have for simple but delicious food. They also massively imported most of their food culture from western and foreign countries so there's very little authentic japanese food other than Sushi and a few other stuff.

All Jap food is bland.
They have children's palates and are pretty intolerant of spices and seasonings.

I live in Japan and excluding ramen, yes, the food is bland. Good, high quality, but usually bland. Nothing that really bites you like a caper or an olive or a pepper. Just umeboshi. The stuff that old people eat tastes like nothing else though, and that isn't really a good thing. Weird salads that taste like sugary seawater, natto, fermented fish.

But yeah, better than legit Chinese. Went to a Chinese restaurant here on the recommendation of a Chinese exchange student friend, and it was basically all the parts of the chicken you don't want to eat, in an otherwise boring sauce made of fire.

Chinese food=MSG
MSG=Chinese food

But it was made by Japanese

Got to agree, Jap food is either bland, salty or fishy.
They even manage to make curry taste like water.

Personally I would rather eat Japanese every day than Chinese.

taste disorder

How can Africa be real if niggers aren't real

i am real :(

Chinese has much more vairety, so Chinese

I fucking like the sweet and sour shit and Buddha jumps over the wall

You woke up /pol/. We are not at all from central Africa, the negroid species comes from africa while some come from northern Europe and Asia. The out of Africa theory is used to assert that WE

WUZ

KANGZ

if only now and then chinese
if all the time japa

I sure hope you don't defend english food like this too.

I would say Japan by a long-way. I'm Italian and i have an affinity for their food because in many ways its similar to how we treat food here.

I like a cheap chinese takeaway and its tasty and to an American its probably tastier than the Japanese sushi restaurant. Both are miles apart from the normal eating habits in Japan and China. Eating in Japan is far better for a number of reasons... The most important is that you won't get sick in Japan, China is almost worst than India in that regard. The quality control is disgusting and is not safe even in multinational chains.

1) Range of restaurants is better, lots of starred restaurants and lots of cheap places like 5 euro meals. The service is always good and the quality of the meal is always high

2)Western familiarity, in China you can't get dairy easily. Japan has tonnes of cheese/milk/ice cream which is pretty important for me, I get big gelato cravings and I came to really enjoy the soft-serve stuff there.

3)Range of cuisine, i lived in Britain for 2 years and I had Indian food ran by Indians and in Japan in lots of occasions, the Italian food is strange but okay, French is there so is American. Chinese food there is also great. China is shit in this regard.

Even still some people say, Japanese food is bland and that there isn't much to it. I found that everyone I know that went to Japan said it was some of the best eating they've done, so how come its only Veeky Forums where you find people with these critiques? Probably because they've never been. Either way even Ramen has a tonne of ways to prepare that makes it great

You can really spot Americans though when they say things like vegetables are boring or rice is boring, fucking grow up. Don't come to Italy either you will find our food boring aswell

One of my things for finding a great cuisine and how we really treat cuisine here is.

1) Do more with less
2) Fresh ingredients
3) Strict recipe (you can order it differently in different places or cooked by different people and you get a similar dish each time)

Japanese food is excellent in this regard as the priorities are towards highlighting the main ingredient and keeping clean flavours. Vegetable and meat is always excellent quality and generally very fresh and the recipes are strict to a point in which most places focus on a couple of dishes.

This is something I find very endearing about their food, and its funny how on a cooking board there are people who take issue.

I agree with you, but you're also asking a lot from a board that revolves mostly around American fast food

I would say China by a long-way
been to both.
Japanese food is bland in comparison.

the number of regional dishes is so vast and wide that even if where you were at in china all the dishes were shit, then you hop on a plane and travel 2-3 hours and get a whole new experience. someplace while still in china.

Yes China is a poorer country than Japan. You are more likely to get food poisoning there. I don't think that's very relevant to how good their food is though. Indian cuisine is amazing too, more unique and interesting than both.
1- Japanese restaurants are highly specialized, sure, but there is much more regional variety in China. It is simply a much larger, more diverse place. Food is in general cheaper in China, although Japanese restaurants are reasonably cheap. Groceries are a LOT cheaper in China.
2 and 3 are just you being a babby, It is equivalent to an American who will rush to the Mcdonalds in a new place. Also it is China not being such a wealthy country,but that is not an inherently negative thing in terms of food culture. A lot of fantastic Italian food comes from peasants, and eating in SEA is so good because the countries aren't that wealthy and everything is cheap.

1 & 2 (3 & 4) - yeah, Italian cooking and Japanese cooking are very similiar. More with less and fresh ingredients are both's greatest strengths, and they make Italian and Japanese food pretty special. I can totally see why an Italian would prefer Japanese food.

Have you been to China? I have spent quite a lot of time in both countries and while i can absolutely see where you're coming from in regards to Japan, I think Chinese food is impactful, diverse, their Wok Hei style is unparalleled, their dumplings, steam game and seasonings shit on Japan and while i love Japanese food, it IS bland and boring.

3 (5) this is a qualification for a good multinational chain franchise, not real food.

Wealthy Japanese pay big money to eat Chinese food at fancy banquet halls. Cantonese and Sichuan cuisines can go toe to toe with any of the world's cuisines. But when it comes to refinement and subtlety only the French can give them a run for their money.

My personal taste leans more toward Chinese, but the few times I've been to Japan the food was amazing.

>them
Japan

Yeah i basically feel the same way.

Wealthy Chinese pay big money to eat sushi too though

Lol what are you even trying to say

But when it comes to refinement and subtlety only the French can give them a run for their money.
You mean the process it takes to prepare the food or the different flavors of the dish?

Both the French and Japanese had royal court cultures and enough wealth to pursue refinement for its own sake. And they sure as fuck did. They had no problems borrowing ideas from other cultures and refining them into their own things by holding every aspect of a thing and its creation to ridiculous aesthetic standards - stuff someone from outside either of those cultures wouldn't even know to look for or appreciate.

The Chinese in Canton and Sichuan are more like Italians - too obsessed with making and enjoying satisfying and delicious food to get overly bogged down with the refinement of its aesthetics.

At least that's how I see it.

Are u sure :(

Japanese food is far higher quality how is this even a question

It's not, but people tend to confuse quality of product and technique. Being Chinese myself I have no problem admitting the superiority of Japanese, rice, pork and generally just about all of their produce. But I still prefer Chinese techniques and methods or preparation.

Comparing what is more readily available to the commoners, the Japanese win. Upper class food is more of a debate.

Well I'm more in the middle but leaning on Japanese because I prefer simple methods but high quality product which is what the Japanese excel in.

Where is the "upper class" Chinese food? I thought rich Chinese import Western chefs.

I prefer Chinese food simply for the fact that such a vast proportion of nip food is essentially a mix of mirin, rice, fish, seaweed, processed soybean of some sort and/or eggs.

Japan has higher standards for ingredient quality than most countries. China can be notoriously lax in this area. This is why much of Japanese cooking focuses on showing off top quality ingredients simply with great care civen the the aesthetics of the dish, whereas the best Chinese cooking often is about transforming the ingredients on hand into something that seems more delicious than the sum of its parts.

Not really a surprise given the historic differences in wealth between the two countries. That said, wealthy Chinese are just as crazy over top quality, preferably precious ingredients (and goods) as wealthy Japanese.

But in general Chinese food has more wow factor when it comes to flavor, and Japanese is more about chasing an aesthetic ideal of perfection.

>whereas the best Chinese cooking often is about transforming the ingredients on hand into something that seems more delicious than the sum of its parts
That's part of it, a major component in Chinese cuisine is preserving freshness and bringing out the rudimentary flavors of the ingredient. If you go to any second-tier and smaller cities in China you'll find morning markets that sell freshly picked vegetables and freshly butchered meat as early as 5 am, and it's not so expensive that normal citizens can't afford them. Can't say the same about farmer's markets here.

t. amerifat with ruined tastebud

I've eaten extensively in both countries. In urban areas, Japanese food is way better than its Chinese counterpart. In the countryside, it's a wash.

Winner: Japan

That's a big lady gollee!

No this is certainly the qualification for a well established cuisine.

If I go home and order a dish I know what will be on the plate. I know what ingredients will be in it, I know what it will taste like and I know how its prepared.

Why? Because its historical, there is a standard.

Japanese food I found to be very similar in this regard.
You aren't more likely to get it, you will get it. Its massively relevant because if you want to enjoy a countries food going there is a huge part of that and for China it just isn't as fun.
Japanese food isn't bland and boring, I don't understand that? Do you have a child's palette? Do you find European food bland and boring? Is this a blackpeoplememe of white people don't season their food?

I will say that overall yes, Chinese cuisine in theory is better, there are like 10 cuisines in China and they are all pretty different. Japan can't compete. But I'm being realistic and in the real world the one I eat in Japan just simply wins right now.

I don't think you have been to China.

Chinese McDonald's has spicy breaded chicken wings, KFC style drumsticks, a Katsu curry flavour chicken schnitzel thing as well as a stand for macharoons and fancy coffee and delivery

I know this doesn't answer ops question. It it's cool

Also McDonald's is full of white people who need a break from food cooked in contaminated water and crap oil that gives everyone bad guts 24/7

OLD China Respect all Japanese.
but, now China damn...

Great food for China...why now sucks...

ouch
"Great food of China"

Is that you dear leader?

Chinese meat dishes are too pork focused. It puts me off honestly. Japanese meat dishes are fairly balanced across the board.

jew/ muslim plz go

Chinese. The Chinese are only outmatched by the French as far as the world's finest cuisines go.

Japan reminds me of the French metropolitan school of cooking and technique, whereas Chinese always felt more like the Deep South of Asia. This is by no means an insult and I don't think I could really say one is superior to the other save what my palette demands at the moment. I don't really think comparing food in this way is very productive, but I am also aware of where we are.

Why not? Do you honestly believe that if you take two random people and put them in either of these circumstances

a) eat wide and far in this country for 2 weeks

b) live and eat normally in this country for 6 months.

that either would actually prefer China, you are delusional if you think China is better for either of these things.

This isn't really true in the CURRENT YEAR.

If you go out to eat in Japan for a cheap meal and you want to stick to "Japanese" food you can pretty much choose between.

Tonkatsu, so breaded meat and shellfish with rice
Ramen, meat in a broth that is meaty or fishy maybe.
Okonomiyaki, how can people not enjoy this? any type of food
Tempura, so fish and vegetables
Sushi
Some specialty meat restaurant, maybe beef
Noodles like Udon
Curry

None of these really fit in with what you are saying, and there will probably be about 1/2 the restaurants featuring foreign affair like a Chinese Restaurant and Italian Restaurant and a "western restaurant. Sometimes Indian and Korean etc also.

When I'm in Japan I actually eat far more meat than fish and its true that meat is at a parity with fish now, and honestly a big amount of that fish comes from crustaceans. Bread is also a massive massive part of I think young people probably eat bread more than they do other carbs.

these stats dont lie my dudes

>how can people not enjoy this?

If you don't like cabbage then I can see not liking okonomiyaki.

Why do I keep coming back to this board.

Fuck the anons here have no fucking clue.

I wish Americans researched other cultures more thoroughly before running their mouths

obsessed

>'authentic' food.
The Japs.
Pork cutlet and curry is better than mongrel food.

>Food that is available to me
Chinks.
Orange chicken is just too good. I would much rather have food over soba and sushi.

In Japan, food here is pretty good. It's damn cheap compared to California too.I brought my in n out shirts for extra memeage. Haven't had authentic Chinese before.

That being said I would much prefer being surrounded by overly polite, yet awkward, Japanese folk all day than Chinese people any day. Fuck how good their food is, China sounds like hell.

Japanese is good, but Chinese food has multiple cooking traditions with lots of history and influences. It's almost bullying to compare the two because Chinese food has had far more time to develop. Western Chinese is pretty tasty, if mostly unexplored here.

>China sounds like hell.
Not really, I would imagine that even in hell your 'life' would have value.

I've never been to red dot in a white field, but I had some of the best food in my life in Beijing and Shanghai.

I would love to live in China.

Ramen is a chinese dish, that japanese people make as well. It's called lamian.

Just another thing like manga or stone gardens that people unfairly consider japanese.

For example in serbia they make some turkish dishes, so yes, we can call them part of serbian cuisine, but they can't be used as a proof that serbian cuisine is superior to turkish.

You're gonna trigger a lot of people on Veeky Forums, people got pissed off for saying gyoza is Chinese