So whats with all these little dents on plutos surface ?

So whats with all these little dents on plutos surface ?

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/krunmaculaunannotated2.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=4vaN01VLYSQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he wonders why there's a crystalline pattern on a giant ice ball
a mystery indeed

swamp gas

spice

nuclear testing

they're probably hills, not dents

Allahs' golf ball

don't think so, they look like tiny ice craters

But theyre probably hills.

Do you mean the tiny little spots or the brown mountain things on the bottom right ?
The light comes from above which means the specks are concave, not convex

on second thought, looking at the shadows, most notably the object on the flat area a little lower than half way down the far left hand side of the image, i would say that they are indeed pockets.

Yeah. What kind of weathering erosion could have made those holes ? It looks so much like thermal cooling.

Could be gas released when Pluto drops in closer to the sun.

>weathering erosion
Pluto has a soft vacuum for an atmosphere, so its not weathering in any sense of the word
>thermal cooling
as opposed to laser cooling? come on.. just say cooling. its all thermal if you are talking about the metric being cooled. also, why should cooling cause small holes in the surface? thats not obviously intuitive by any means.

that said, I have no idea why the holes are there, but it is an interesting patterned feature. one could surmise impact craters, but its oviously not random so its not that.

maybe there are plumes that deposit a thin layer of some substance on the surface which is slightly better at absorbing the solar energy than the methane ice or whatever it is that makes up the plain regions. this could then cause melting/vaporisation of the methane, forming small indentations which would concentrate the substance towards the bottom, further increasing the effect and causing the pits to grow. variations in deposition as well as substrate composition would effect the size and distribution of the pits, giving the patterned effect.

thats one hypothesis.

Maybe the same linear pattern that that appears on the sand happens as grid like holes on icy surfaces. Pluto obviously has a different atmosphere as well as different surface with different chemical structure. Maybe ice looks like this over a long time when untouched.

Looks like the holes are in a wide band along the side of the mountains.

>not random
looks pretty random to me

>looks pretty random to me
>delineates a fucking pattern in it

you are special kind of retarded, user

It's random but its clearly packed within a wave-like area. As I said, they look like the lines on sand dunes. This is probably what icy winds create on a longer period under Plutos atmosphere.

So if im walking in one direction and throwing seeds on the ground, the position of the seeds are not random, ok.

Found a bigger pic.

here are random craters, notice how there is not discernable limitation to the distribution, in size or in placement, and that the craters often overlap each other.

not on the scale of your path, no they are not.

Could you possibly have found a worse example to argue your already poor case?

Gotta love the sci retards trying to advance the thread topic as usual

>craters are all evenly spaced
>craters are all close to the same size as their nearest neighbors
>craters are clearly arranged spatially in bands, with different bands for different sizes
>hurr durr looks random to me gaise

Guys dont hold your breaths for that big job in the NASA data analysis department.

its a microscopic view of a rusty piece of iron covered in a silver paint it is not a pluto and nasa is a fraud there is not enough light out there to snap a photo at that distance, nasa has been cought lying many times before,
dont get fooled with fake images

I'ts a hairy ball

Yeah, OP's dents aren't impact craters.

They remind me of washboard patterns you get on dusty gravel roads.
I think those are caused by vibrations in the dust over a hard substrate.
Sprinkle some some gypsum powder on a piece of plywood.
Lay the plywood on a concrete floor.
Repeatedly hit the plywood with a hammer, hard.
The dust will form little tiny bumps with spacing and such very much like OP's pic.

Why would some parts would have dents with such high density and some parts would stay flat ?

Why are there mountains and shadows

What the fuck is that triangle to the middle right ?

>trees look tall and green
>they're evenly planted in the forest
>how did they get planted?

Erosion from water

Pluto has such an interesting surface.

What the fuck ?

It is just a rock user, no need to investigate it further.

:^)

You guys ain't seen nothing yet. Check out the red patch and see if you spot a happy fellow.

posting some keks

you shooped it didn't you you fuck. i cant find it in the pic

hope you're trolling because it's really easy to see.

It's just a triangle rock

Just go to nasa.gov to see the original image without a triangular manipulation: nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/krunmaculaunannotated2.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=4vaN01VLYSQ

Thank you, I stand corrected. I wasn't thinking that the OP could be shooped.

way to ruin funposting :c

Pluto should be too small for earthquakes, vibrations would need to come from a large impact.

Electrical scarring.

>too small
nigger what? its a fucking planetoid
if there is a good reason that it doesnt have earthquakes, its that it doesnt have a molten core and thus, plate tectonics.

thats pretty much what I meant its too small to have a molten core and plate tectonics. (if it would orbit a huge planet the tidal forces might be able to heat up the inside enough like on io but thats not the case). point is an estimate for how big the impact that caused the vibration must have been is needed. then you can look for coresponding craters.

Yeah, you know I wasn't sold on Pluto as a planet before. But now I think that Pluto is my favourite planet. It's just such a nice looking planet. Planet Pluto.. :)