Why would any person good at math and other quantitative things do engineering or STEM instead or accounting and...

Why would any person good at math and other quantitative things do engineering or STEM instead or accounting and finance? You get more money, better opportunity for advancement, etc. Let's just face it. Getting a CPA with good grades and then working at deloitte a couple years gets you the same pay at working for google as an engineer except then you can do an MBA and work on wall street.

Because you don't get to design shit

If I wanna design the Jeddah Tower for a bunch of sandniggers, fuck you I'm gonna do it

Accounting and finance are for retards.

>my shallow metric is literally the only way to measure success
t. OP

Wrong.

t. undergrad

Strawman.

>caring about money

because i get more joy out of learning things that would be impossible without my personal research or seeing the actualization of a personal design.

>money is shallow
>money doesn't matter

then why do STEMfags brag about "I'M GONNA BE RICH WORKING A 60K ENGINEERING JOB" and talk about the money in STEM?

I like accounting and finance but it's more fun to be a chemist. Life isn't all about $$$ just do something that makes enough so you can live comfortably and save for things.

Accounting and finance sound really boring. I know that shit is certainly not for me.

In my opinion people who do those jobs do it only for the money. People who do STEM do it for the lifestyle and the money.

Engineers are the dregs of STEM.

Nobody in the SM part does that

I'm pursuing mechanical engineering cuz it seems interesting to me. If I find either math or physics more interesting than engineering, I'll double major with whatever I want and pursue math/physics in graduate school.

It's almost as if there are other human motivators apart from money.

I am posting to express my deep satisfaction at the amount of people who see beyond the dollarsign horizon that limits everybody around me

Carry on gentlemen

I just want to help create new software and hardware. That's why I chose to major in computer engineering. I honestly don't care about the pay or the advancement. If I could help create a new graphics card for 55k a year and no advancement in sight, I'd die a happy person with no regrets.

Report frogposters.

soft skills and the lack thereof

Because most real shit in finance requires math well beyond the requirements for a typical accounting or finance degree. Lot of financial institutions hire math, physics and engineering students to work on their models. (Lot of physics guys because they can't get employment in their original fields.)
Being able to design tradebots and understand how they work alongside with understanding how real models in finance work put you at an advantage compared to the retards with their shitty business degree.
If you have the aptitude with a math, physics, engineering or related degree you can almost always beat the business retards in everything. There is no reason to study a lesser field as a stem student you should be able to autodidactically teach yourself hundreds of pages of stuff.

>tfw when physics and economics double major (scholarship money doesn't spend itself)

Because I don't really care much for money but I know most people do. So it's fun to rub it in their faces.

That's just the engineers. They are only in it for the money, but they're too stupid to realize there's better money out there.

then can we stop perpetuating le stem makes you rich meme? So people who actually DO want to make money instead of 'helping humanity' by reading datasheets and using solidworks 9 hours a day can get legit advice?

People who hire STEM majors become rich. STEM types are just too naive to understand that this doesn't mean them.

Exactly. You'll never be rich by being a programmer or engineer. Being a doctor is the only STEM career that really pays. The people making money off the STEMcucks are the ones with MBAs who hire them to do the grunt work while they do the business end.