Blood donation

Alright, let's talk about blood donation/transfusion Veeky Forums.

Is it a safe procedure for the donor? I mean, is our body ok with losing 500ml of blood in a day?

Other urls found in this thread:

intervalstudy.org.uk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleeding
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

yes.
In fact, if you have too much iron in your blood, you even should give blood.

> yes
[citation required]

>I mean, is our body ok with losing 500ml of blood in a day?
not always

that's why people sometimes faint or feel ill after donating

no, I don't have to do your work for you.
Take this and shove it up your ass.

why tho

It's fine if you do it once in a while user.

They actually refuse people who have donated too recently.

once in a year is ok?

More like every three/four months it's ok

Hypovolumeic shock?

That's mostly because they are queasy about needles/seeing blood.

giving donation #18 today, am currently guinea pigging myself to see long term effects of frequent blood donations, canada only lets me go every 56 days

>Asked to give blood
>Didn't do it because an AIDS test was included
>Don't want to know

>free testing
>doesn't take it
this is why jews dominate the world and not you

>Free test to see if you're going to die
wow what a prize

game theory.

If you know when the game ends, you can make much better decisions.

>reducing my eventual doom to an autistic maths puzzle
t-thanks

10% of your total blood volume is okay to lose without consequences. 30-40% is hypovolemic shock country.

I don't donate though, its mine. Also, if I didn't hate needles I would put my veins to far better use :^)

> [citation required]

AIDS is rarely fatal these days, and the sooner you start the treatments the less pain you're going to be in.

So, free test to save yourself pain in the long run - assuming, that is, you have insurance and can afford the treatment.

(Also be good to know if you're infecting everyone you're fucking.)

but who is insurance?

intervalstudy.org.uk

See this.

Not always, though.

I love seeing my own blood, I watch them put the needle in and watch my blood fill the bag. It's so satisfying.

And I still sometimes find myself lightheaded afterward.

knowing doesn't change the answer

Thanks

>10% of your total blood volume is okay to lose without consequences
[citation required]

so how many pictures of logs do you have?

blood volume is proportional to body weight. the bigger the organism, the less tired and ill you will feel.

I can't donate blood because I don't weigh enough.

> tfw tall
> tfw slim
> donated yesterday
> sleept 15 hours this night
> sleepy all day
feels good tbqh.

What do vegans, atheists, and blood donaters have in common?

I'd love to. I'm not scared of needles. they won't allow me.

blood?

why not?

I went donate blood 6 times or so within the last 15 years. At least 3 or 4 times I was really tired afterwards. I wont do it again. It's enough now.

He's probably under one of the red cross's five hundred now defunct and outdated rules on who is allowed to donate.

sorry, doesn't fit me.

I'm a 90lbs tiny female

I've donated blood two or three times a year for the past three years and been fine every time. I'm pretty skinny with prominent veins so they always get the needle in easy, and even when I don't eat beforehand like they tell you to I've been fine. And afterwards I usually drink because it takes less to get drunk. I've seen some girls fall trying to get up afterwards though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleeding
>Typically, a healthy person can endure a loss of 10–15% of the total blood volume without serious medical difficulties (by comparison, blood donation typically takes 8–10% of the donor's blood volume)

It's just a click away you guys.

I kek'd.

Everyone on Veeky Forums is.

with the amount of blood lost in this thread, it could be true

I mean, I'm no doctor, but...

Women lose blood monthly, and it doesn't seem to affect them in the long run. That said, it DOES negatively affect already-anemic women, and to cause anemia in women whose iron levels were borderline to begin with. Plus, the needle's sterile, so there's that. That said, there is definitely a reason why anemic people and underweight people aren't allowed to donate. When you lose blood, you feel faint for a reason. Blood loss obviously isn't good for you-it's just that small amounts lost in increments spaced out over time won't kill you.

There's also a reason why you get cookies and juice right away after donating. Again, this is just anecdotal, but I'm pretty sure blood loss can cause your sugar levels to plummet. I've seen people need glucose shots before being transported because their sugar was almost at zero after bleeding heavily. Oreos contain a fair amount of iron, too, so that probably helps.

Really, if anything, I'd be more worried about structural damage to the veins themselves from being stuck all the time. Then again, I'm not sure if what heroin addicts do to themselves is even analogous to getting stuck with a needle for a blood draw. I am, after all, talking out my ass here.

Really, I wouldn't be worried about if your blood clots fine and you eat.

>donating blood in germany
>get 18 euro for 0.5l
>heard they make 300+ euro profit out of it for selling it for example to hospitals

I don't even get a 10% cut.

Fuckers.

OP here
> our constitutions prohibits blood selling
> but we can get benefits such as paying only half the value of artistic and cultural events. (after two donations)
wew it's worth it.

>paying only half the value of artistic and cultural events
so nothing unless you have a gf

I have one, really worth it.
We can also avoid queue of people anywhere, just like pregnants and old people. I'm 22 and I don't have the balls to do it tho.

B-but the stigma
Do I even have AIDS anyway? I fucked a few hookers always with condom but had oral without a few times

I see what you did there

I want to donate more but I fucking hate the red cross for too many reasons to list, in addition to outdated rules. My grandfather was a vet and hated the red cross after they set up shop trying to sell shit to soldiers. They're greedy as hell and continue to harass my parents' home phone looking for me after I moved out years ago -- getting a phone number off the list seems impossible.

Do I have legitimate alternatives in the US? I'm not looking to get paid, I just don't want to support a shit corp.

dude, it's almost impossible to get AIDS or any STD on oral... just do the fucking exam, it will calm you down.

I don't get it.

it's forbidden to donate for cash where I live, but we do get a big meal after donation

It was the best meal I had in my entire life.

please explain.

fuck off, faggot.

You don't understand what projecting is.

Ok thanks

kys

Imagine your blood
is one day used
to fill the penis of a man's boner

kek'ed

I fuck guys so I can't donate.

I've donated 36 times and my blood can be used up to 3 people for each donation.

So that means my blood could have been used to fill 108 erections.

I can't express how this feels.

Yeah, it's totally safe, what makes you think it isn't?

nothing is 100% safe.

>drink after donating
Isn't it the best? Pint for pint

>Alright
not knowing "all right" is two words
gtfo fgt pls

Christ user, how much unprotected buttsex have you had?

lol no

They all like to talk about it.

ayy lmao

> everyone on Veeky Forums is american
fuck off you obese cuck

I had no unprotected buttsex only protected vaginal sex with hookers and some unprotected oral. Have I got aids???

just tell them you're a homo who doesn't use condoms

probably not.

Why do you think exists dental dams? Get tested loser.