Why is it that in Japan disorders like autism, ADHD, depression, and etc aren't as prominent?

Why is it that in Japan disorders like autism, ADHD, depression, and etc aren't as prominent?

Are they just not as common?
Is it the culture streamlining a similar thought process to those as being normal in society? For example, more western frames of thought and the spectrum of them could be seen as "disorders" too there.

Other urls found in this thread:

aabri.com/manuscripts/11898.pdf
acting-man.com/?p=35319
gamapserver.who.int/mapLibrary/Files/Maps/Global_AS_suicide_rates_bothsexes_2012.png?ua=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

any data? according to wikipedia Japan it's at top 20 in suicide rates. But some things like ADHD may be overdiagnosed (I live in Europe and no one really cares about ADHD in adults)

because ADHD is not a disorder, it's normal.

this. coz they just suicide than taking xanax

japan has different values to us

no one leaves their room in japan so you never have to worry about disorders affecting social interactions

>because ADHD is not a disorder, it's normal.
Then why do stimulants have the opposite effect on ADHD patients?

They dont diagnose diseases as much/as well. Look up the state of Japanese psychiatry , it's shit.

what you call "ADHD" is normal male behavior.
males in western societies are being castrated, and it starts from school. Young boys don't want to read poetry and neoclassic litterature, they want sci-fi.
Young boys don't want to sit tight in a classroom, they want to run.
All teachers are females, and don't understand the minds of young boys.
I could keep going but other people explain this much better than I do.

Anyway western people have adopted a new norm for young boys, and any deviation from the typical female behavior is seen as a disorder. So they even developped mental tranquilizers to fit the sought female mold.

Now that you mention it, every female I've seen with ADHD has been very masculine/tomboyish, you might be right.

And what about all the males that do not suffer ADHD? Nothing you listen about male preferences is sufficient for ADHD.

I don't pretend it's a complete list, as I said.
what about the males that do not suffer adhd? They have been molded successfully.

>depression
>Japan
>not prominent
Practically the suicide capital of the world?

As for the rest, folks have to remember that "mental disorders" are not determined by science, but by whether they affect your functioning in a particular society. (Or, in some cases, if that society can find some way of profiting by convincing you that you have them.)

In other words, if it ain't broken, no one's fixing it, lest they are getting paid to do so.

Destroy the matriarchy.

I want you to die.

you might have a mental disorder.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

Yeah, the one which you deny the existence of

nice work

they do not diagnose the disorders

>amphetamines stimulate people

Color me surprised.

different culture, genetics and environment (including familial, social, and neurotoxic)

and also different culture : attitude towards psychology/psychiatry mental illness and health, stigma etc

>remember that "mental disorders" are not determined by science
false
>but by whether they affect your functioning in a particular society
true
>if it ain't broken, no one's fixing it, lest they are getting paid to do so
even more true

>So they even developped mental tranquilizers to fit the sought female mold.
>>amphetamines stimulate people
>Color me surprised.

Jesus, go Google ADHD
People with ADHD are calmed and relaxed by massive doses of amphetamines.
That's why I used the word "OPPOSITE".

I know you neckbeards feel all superior because you think ADHD is just made up so teachers can dope up kids to make them less boisterous, and so you feel like you're better than everybody because you're the only ones with any common sense.
But the truth is, ADHD kids are given stimulants, which would only make them worse
if the problem was "boys will be boys".
The truth is, ADHD kids have very different neurology compared to most kids.

> implying they aren't
[citation needed]

>implying they are

It's a completely different culture and gene pool, you don't NEED sources but here you go.

aabri.com/manuscripts/11898.pdf

but why is it an issue? because they don't fit in society. And instead of creating a society where they fit, we feed them drugs to make them docile.

Because americucks are the only retarded enough to fool themselves into thinking those are real diseases.

There are so many things wrong with this post, its not even worth going into.

But I was thinking more about the depression, hikkamoris and the young men that now completely avoid girls

>be WHO
>homosexuality: hinders reproduction
>disability? nah
>ADHD: ??????
>disability? FUCK YES.

>Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
>not a disorder
yeah

We live in the year 2016, population shouldn't be the end goal for our species -- spreading our people all over the galaxy should.

In the current state of the world population is just killing us faster and making the above harder to achieve.. because there's no knowing HOW long it will take.

Mental disorders only exist as an excuse for a society to ostracize a portion of it that they don't like. Therapy and medication for being a hikki is just as bad as issuing it for homosexuality -- it's legal indoctrination.

>seahorse
>not a horse
really makes you think

> mental disorders ostracize
only violent ones need be ostracized.
There's nothing wrong with being depressed, bipolar, having ADHD or w/e.

except disorders are named according to what they are, not animals
think twice before spilling your strawmen

if next year some influential psychologists decide that thinking about sex is a disorder, would you just accept that?

> implying nymphomania wasn't a controversial diagnosis

acting-man.com/?p=35319

What about this?

You've never met a needlessly defiant person?
Mental illness is usually just taking some normal operation and going completely nuts with it.

I'll be upset when I see someone start abusing it to lock up his opponents.

Before I was medicated I'd squirm around in my desk so much that I'd fall out of my chair once a day. I failed most of my classes because I didn't have the focus to read for more than a minute at a time. Had I been born 50 years ago I would have been funneled into some sort of trade and probably would have done poorly at that. Being medicated allows read, write coherently, and do math. It allowed me to go college and become an engineer.

Who the fuck are you to say that I would be better off not fitting into normie society?

Because Japan isn't corrupt like the U.S. and isn't ruled by a brutally insane pharmaceutical industry that comes up with reasons to medicate people.

lower vaccination rates

If you give the same drugs to anyone, they perform better in school. They're fucking stimulants bro.

I have actually observed the same.

integestin...

>not knowing that ADD is a sub-category of ADHD

ADD people are often very calm

The age of consent is 14.

There is a culture of grown men dating 14 year old high school girls. This is almost seen as perfectly normal.

You going to tell me that people are going to be depressed if they can legally date and fuck 14 year old raw tight virgin pussy?

The only people depressed are men too poor to attract the young girls (the girls do it entirely for money, as these men can provide for better dates than male teens).

I don't have any data but I can safely conjecture that the happiness of the male population of a country correlates with the age of consent. The lower the age, the higher the happiness.

Well done Japan.

*tips fedora*

I know this is bait so just keep in mind I'm replying to this retarded viewpoint I KNOW people have.

>The lower the age, the higher the happiness.
>They're only doing it for the money.

Contradicts with the shared viewpoint of

>Women are only bitches that do it for the money, I hate them!

If younger women are seen as gold diggers then how does that make people happier?

Conclusion:
Not everyone is a pedo, sensei

>Who the fuck are you to say that I would be better off not fitting into normie society?
at this point, your problem is not adhd, it's retardation.
he said society should adapt to you, not feed you drugs to make you fit.

>disorders arent prominent
>what is anime
kek

>If you give the same drugs to anyone, they perform better in school. They're fucking stimulants bro.
Nah, "bro".
Give a normal, spastic 12-year old a cup of coffee, they'll go apeshit.
Give an ADHD kid a cup of coffee, they'll fall asleep.
But hey, 420 blaze it, e'rry day, amirite?

>>Women are only bitches that do it for the money, I hate them!

But this is not really true, and I suppose I should have explained it better.

The girls do it because they want a 'serious' relationship with a guy that already has everything figured out. That the guy has money is just obvious, he is a salaryman.

But that is still very close to gold digging.

BUT WHO CARES.

These girls are simply recipients for the pump and dump 2016 mentality that everyone likes. Who the fuck cares if the bitch wants money.

The more women are sluts the happier I am, as it will be easier to get sex.

>Not everyone is a pedo, sensei

People who fuck 14 year olds are CATEGORICALLY not pedos, faggot.

more tolerant culture 'failure to function adequately' isnt a valid definition of abnormality due to cultural differences. theyre not pussies like the west

*tips fedora*

you think adhd meds make me docile? You know absolutely nothing, but you still share your idiotic uneducated opinions.

>Give a normal, spastic 12-year old a cup of coffee, they'll go apeshit.
>Give an ADHD kid a cup of coffee, they'll fall asleep.
Pseudoscientific bullshit. There's actual research done on this, you jerkoff. The amount adderall and ritalin helps people with "ADHD", the same it helps people without it

I'm a person diagnosed "ADHD", if it matters.

You're both right and wrong. Caffeine and methylphenidate (ritalin) affect people with ADHD the same as anybody else. However amphetamines like adderall do have the unique property of having a reverse effect on the activity of neurotransmitters in someone with ADHD. However, I'd hardly call it calming from personal experience of being prescribed either amphetamines or methylphenidates for decades. They are all still CNS stimulants so you're going to feel wired either way, but for me I feel that amphetamines work far better than methyphenidates.

muh suicide
gamapserver.who.int/mapLibrary/Files/Maps/Global_AS_suicide_rates_bothsexes_2012.png?ua=1

>Not everyone is a pedo, sensei

As a pedophile this really bugs me when people think ephebophilia is pedophilia. 14-15 year old girls are way, way too old for the vast majority of pedophiles. Pedophilia is about PREpubescent girls (or boys, I guess, if you're a fag). 14 year olds are grannies in the eyes of people suffering from pedophilia.

>Caffeine and methylphenidate (ritalin) affect people with ADHD the same as anybody else. However amphetamines like adderall do have the unique property of having a reverse effect on the activity of neurotransmitters in someone with ADHD

Does this mean I might have ADHD? I've never been diagnosed or naything but I've tried both ritalin and dexedrine (basically adderal) to try and help study before. The ritalin amped me up like crazy, like slamming an energy drink. I tried lower dose and it didn't help me focus either, just was like taking half an energy drink. Coffee does the same thing, I hate it, just restless. The dexedrine however was just chill focus, I didn't feel amped up at all. I was calm and focused. It was great. i tried ritalin 3 times and dexedrine about 10 times, for reference.

You might. However if you do just fine most of the time you might not need to be medicated at all.

Yeah, I'd rather not be medicated if I can avoid it, even if I'm not as productive. It would be nice to have some that I could take like once every 2 weeks or something, but taking it regularly sounds awful since I've heard it can turn you into a robot as you get too used to it.

it's an excuse that's more oft used in the U.S.

>Why is it that in Japan disorders like autism, ADHD, depression, and etc aren't as prominent?

>autism
>Why is it that in a country with strict social rules, people don't notice children that cannot guess emitions and instead function best with explicit guidance

>ADHD
>Why, in a country where physical exercise is common even for children, and where male students are allowed to behave male, do the boys not get the "cannot function well in female-optimized environments" disease?

>depression
>Why is it that in a country with a strict social order that tells you always what to do, people don't suffer from a listless lack of direction?

>Etc.?
>Why, in a country where deviance is even more shameful than here, do fewer people seek help for their deviance?

Fuck me user I have no idea.

>>remember that "mental disorders" are not determined by science
>false

Find me a molecule of Autism, a single gram of depression then!

Mental disorders are socially determined. The DMS-V does not determine who is sick, it determines who is DECLARED sick by society.

>Listlessly lies in room for months, kills self
not socially determined - those are facts, that happens.

>He did this was that he was sick with a sickness called depression
Socially determined - that's not a fact, that's just a category we invented.

>Caffeine and methylphenidate (ritalin) affect people with ADHD the same as anybody else.
Hmmm, I'm gonna say no.
All I have is a personal anecdote, but still...
My sister is was born in 1965, and has been diagnosed ADHD as an adult.
When she was a kid, something was obviously wrong, but nobody knew what to call it, or what to do about it,
We DID know that caffeine slowed her down.
A soda would calm her down, and a cup of coffee would put her to sleep (literally).

>People with ADHD are calmed and relaxed by massive doses of amphetamines.
lelno
first of all, therapeutic doses are not 'massive' - massive doses lead to psychosis and heart failure.
second, it's been known for decades that low doses of cns stimulants improve cognition and task performance almost universally - every modern military from WWII on has known this.

What's this meme with ADHD and female optimized environment I really don't know. Is that a men's rights thing?

>What's this meme with ADHD and female optimized environment I really don't know. Is that a men's rights thing?

No, I think I actually picked that up on Tumblr.

Not that this means it isn't an MRA thing if you track it far enough back, I don't know, but that's not where I picked it up.

east asia has high sucide rates.

is there any evidence that to suggest that part of the reason why there so many suicide is because of untreated mental illness.

maybe you over diagnose it?

in my opinion, you have to many jews as psychiatrists...

Yes and we don't find enough people guilty with "guilty until proven innocent" attitude, Hideo.

You lead in with a semantic argument and drive it home with century old pseudoscience.

Well done, user!

sorry then

please be patient and tell me more, I'm curious. What does it do to you?