Anybody else absolutely hate the pumpkin meme?

Anybody else absolutely hate the pumpkin meme?

no pumpkin is delicious

say that to me in a pumpkin patch bitch see what happens

Yes, and so is pumpkin pie.

It's all the pumpkin flavored chips, cookies, ice cream and everything else that makes me want to puke,

i'm coming to get you

Not really desu.

People could stand to eat more squashes.

why do you think it's a meme? Is it because we're bombarded with them around this time of year?

I've got news for you, it has to do with when they're in season. :^)

They dont even taste like pumpkin most of the time. It's just the pumpkin spice

I like pumpkin and butternut squash and calabaza. Most people don't. They use pumpkins as decoration, and as pie filling. Otherwise most people think it's gross. It's the combination of cinnamon, nutmet, cloves, ginger, and allspice that people get obsessed over. And I fucking hate it. It works well with pumpkin desserts, but it doesn't belong in coffee and everything else under the sun.

It's not a meme if the only people participating are 20 year old white girls who listen to Kayne West.

Fuck your shit meme.

agreed. pumpkin is delicious, but fucking pumpkin spiced everything is disgusting

Each year it has gotten bigger. Last year was the year I noticed the obnoxiousness of the trend.

This year it's fucking over the top.

It's the only time of the year that I can have pumpkin muffins, so I don't mind it. I mean it's basically the seasonal plant, at least in America.

No, but I hate you.

I've always enjoyed pumpkin. I have an orange vegetable with every dinner meal and it's either carrots or pumpkin, so I eat it quite a bit. I didn't understand the latest increase in talk about pumpkin spice here in Veeky Forums until I realised it has something to do with American McDonald's. Typical.

Squash just looks nice. I don't really get it. I hate putting orange vegetables in my meals because I hate how sweet they are, but when I see squash in the market it looks so nice. Shits visually appealing. The colors and shapes. I bought a tiny pumpkin today because it was fucking cute. It's smaller than a baseball.

But no I don't hate the pumpkin meme because I don't get upset at people liking certain foods. Pumpkin spice works well in pies and there's no reason why it can't be enjoyed in cakes, cookies, ice cream and other goods. There isn't anything forcing you to buy or eat it. If you don't like the advertising then just walk away from it.

I like pumpkin pie and pumpkin cake and pumpkin cookies and pumpkin cheesecake ice cream and when the pumpkin shit leaves the shelves and the gingerbread and peppermint shit swoop in to replace it, I'll enjoy that too.

>he doesn't like pumpkin ice cream

I'll fookin rek you m8

First of all, shut the fuck up.

Secondly, you don't hate the pumpkin spice meme. You hate the people who advocate the meme on Facebook and tumblr and whatnot. Seasonal items are good. You're just being a faux hipster. That's worse than any white girl meme.

Your actions are ironic, since I'm willing to bet you'll be amongst the first to post a thread once the mcrib comes to your area.

Yeah it might be a bit obnoxious but its a seasonal thing. October rolls around, put on some spooky movies and enjoy cheap halloween candy and pumpkin spiced everything. By november 1st everything is swapped to christmas, so you don't really get a chance to get sick of it.

Ok I can get behind that.

The thing about these products is they usually don't even have enough pumpkin in them to taste like pumpkin, they just taste like cinnamon, clove, etc.

Ah. Looks like everyone beat me to it.

Yep that's the problem. Can't tell you how many people I've met who "don't like pumpkin pie" until they try my pumpkin pie. The secret is don't overload it with spice and use heavy cream or some extra egg whites to give it a lighter texture.

Honestly I"m more annoyed with all the normies complaining about pumpkin flavored things.

(You)