Nespresso has literally changed my life

Nespresso has literally changed my life.

All I have to do is pop in one 100%, fully recyclable, aluminium Nespresso pod and in 30 seconds I have a perfectly brewed artisan coffee.

Getting up in the morning has become something I look forward too, just so I can have my coffee.

If you don't have one get one.

stop advertising that disgusting addiction substance known as coffee, it's a huge waste of money and if you really want people to go out and buy your product, make it the first product people see when they walk into a store like Costco or Sam's Club

>buys Costco coffee
>thinks his option matters

Literal pleb

wasteful and cultureless

>recyclable pods
>uses only the amount of electricity and water required to brew one coffee, far less than a kettle or perculator
>amazing taste:price ratio

Basically you're just a contrarian faggot, right?

I'm a huge espresso snob. Like solid five grand in coffee equipment level.

Nespresso really isn't awful for the price and what it does. It's not espresso I'd personally consider passable, and it damn sure can't reasonably be called "artisan", but it's a pretty ok coffee for as easy as it is. And better than most coffee people make at home, even people who care about it. The only decent pod machine, really.

Hell, you'd have to spend easily $800 to even have a chance to make decent espresso manually. Well over a thousand to get consistently good. And it's still something you have to invest time and effort in, it has to be a hobby not just a drink.

Ehhh, wasteful has a point. Recycling isn't magic you know. There's a lot of energy used there. That being said, unless he's using a Woodneck or something of the sort it's probably a moot point anyway.

I got one for free but haven't bought any new pods apart from those I got with the machine. It's convenient but pricey for everyday use, if you drink like 3,4 cups a day.

Lol you can make a great espresso for less than 5$

coffee and chocolate are two dying crops

I don't like advertising threads

I would rather use a french press

I would encourage others to sage their posting in this thread

>It's not espresso I'd personally consider passable
heston blumenthal literally serves it in the fat duck. i kind of feel he knows more about this sort of thing than you.

Literally nothing wrong with Costco's Coffees you idiot. Their Guatemalan and Costa Rican Coffees are delicious. The beans themselves are always fresh.

Enjoy wasting money at hipster coffee boutiques.

It tastes like shit.

>but muh acquired taste
No, buddy. You just ruined your taste buds with this garbage.

That's a great point. It's a very accessible way to easily make decent coffee that you can't mess up.

imo it helps to think of Nespresso not as espresso. It doesn't really have the same taste and texture. It's somewhere between that and a brewed coffee. The name can give the wrong impression

Favourite capsule is envivo lungo btw.

>Heston Blumenthal serves Nespresso

Just checked this. What the fuck its true. He also charges £8 for a 40p Nespresso pod.

What a fucking Jew.

he probably based the decision on how it tastes rather than elitism or memes.

I doubt a Michelin starred chef deals in "memes".

It's quite likely based on cost.

40p for a pod is cheap when you're charging £8 for it, and you no longer have to invest time into it.

People are expensive, paying someone to make coffee costs money.

This fixes the cost, reduces the time taken, and is likely one of the most Jewish things I've ever heard of.

yes you're right of course. he puts all that time, effort and consideration into everything else he serves but decides to be a jew about the coffee.

Perhaps, like all men of culture and taste, he prefers tea, and only servers this because people keep asking for coffee?

It's introduced consistently good coffee to Northern Europe, which historically prefers instant granules.

>2000% markup

>Paying overprice for regular coffee

If I chip in and credit this product, will I get some percentage?

I would encourage you to kill yourself.

>meanwhile, at OP's house....

Kek

>this post brought to you by the Nespresso® coorporation

> 6 month old pre-ground coffee
> incredibly low pressure results in a weird imitation 'americano' with fuck all similarities to the real one
> over extracted grounds making it bitter as fuck
> insanely expensive compared to literally every other method of making coffee except for one.

fancy moi woife do you?

I'd honestly just advise you to get a haro v60 and a grinder.
Costs maybe 25 dollars in total, coffee takes maybe 3 minutes to make, tastes nicer, and the fresh beans will contain compounds and oils that dissipate shortly after grinding.
That's if you're bothered, if Nespresso is doing it for you work away.

>> 6 month old pre-ground coffee
Vacuum sealed, as fresh as the day it was ground
>> incredibly low pressure results in a weird imitation 'americano' with fuck all similarities to the real one
Superior results for a fraction of the effort
>> over extracted grounds making it bitter as fuck
Confirmed for never having tried Nespresso® brand coffee
>> insanely expensive compared to literally every other method of making coffee except for one.
It's cheap for the quality. So cheap its virtually like you're stealing from Nestle. I'd gladly play twice as much for my Nespresso®

> Vacuum sealed, as fresh as the day it was ground
Nitrogen sealing is not a perfect process, oxygen can and does get in, resulting in stale beans. It's quite simply not fresh.

>Superior results for a fraction of the effort
I repeat, lower pressure than espresso, but higher than filter, coupled with long extraction times results in a weird bastardization of americano and filter coffee. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself but I just don't like it

>Confirmed for never having tried Nespresso® brand coffee
I have, not a fan.

>It's cheap for the quality. So cheap its virtually like you're stealing from Nestle. I'd gladly play twice as much for my Nespresso®
It ain't cheap, at all, but whatever you say. Fair enough, enjoy chap!

>Troll thread yes but I'm taking a loooong dump

If you steal all the equipment, sure. Otherwise the absolute cheapest you'll get is an Espressoforge and a Pharos.

Basically fine dining would have to invest in several new workers, lots of equipment, lots of space, and lots of time for something most of the customers don't give a fuck about. And most of the fine dining crowd is a bit older and expects the bitter sort of espresso, a sweet citrusy one is unexpected, and unwanted. Nespresso isn't anywhere even close to what you'll get out of a Slayer with an EG1 and a barista pulling, tasting, and dumping shots every 15 minutes to keep it dialed in. Not even close to someone with a couple thousand dollars, a lot of patience, and a lot of care can make at home. But the crowd that's being catered to doesn't care. You may as well invest in artisanal meat to serve vegans.

bump for shitty bait

Nespresso master race checking in

Used to have a bialetti moka pot but when I became a dad it was too much faff.

Everyone on mainland Europe has these and I'll never go back to messing about with grinders and beans again.

Enjoy paying up to six times more per pound for lukewarm weak coffee.

This

Grinding your own coffee is time wasting and for plebs.

Who cares what it tastes like? We have a Keurig here at work, it exists solely for the purpose of ingesting caffeine in a socially acceptable manner. Given that we run a multi-million dollar data center here, it is probably the least wasteful device we have in the entire building. If energy drinks weren't terrible for your overall health I'd drink those instead.

I personally prefer Nespresso to all other coffee brands currently available on the market. You know that when you go to the store to pick up Nespresso, that you are guaranteed quality with every cup.

>everyone
>only plebs and housewifes

You've clearly never tried nespresso

The thing is, its the only way to really get coffee in northern Europe. They're all plebs who know nothing but instant.

And desu Nespresso does make pretty good coffee. 8/10 at least.

fuck off george "pajeet" clooney. shill your shitty water heater and instant coffee maker elsewhere

Its not instant you disgusting pleb, it is fresh vacuum sealed ground coffee made under pressure. It is a very complicated system and makes 10/10 coffee.

I don't know what I would do without my Nespresso machine.

Nowhere near 10/10 when compared to a top tier machine and grinder. Vacuum sealing doesn't really do a lot for freshness since the coffee will offgass and lose flavor even in a 100% perfect vacuum.

But it's the closest you'll get to decent espresso at home without over $1k and hours of time.

Costco products are actually very high quality, and it's not unique to coffee. Their kirkland brand things are almost always authentic and ethically sourced. Their olive oil, coffee, and nuts in particular are very high quality.

I make better espresso with a 10 year old machine at 10% of the price.

Nespresso is 6/10, it could be 8/10 if the foam wasn't shit

this thread is full of jewish shills

Do not buy Jura folks, buy this instead. It seems bullshit to buy pods from Nespresso themselves if you don't live near a coffee bar that has them, but that coffee is legit some of the best you can buy.

>0.02$ has been deposited to your account. Thank you for your hard work at ShillForNestlé!