Why are all stem fags that I know in real life man childs...

Why are all stem fags that I know in real life man childs? How do you cope with befriending liberal tards without intimidating them when they ask what your major is?

Pic unrelated.

By not being a fucking man child about it? Just because their majors are shit doesn't mean they have nothing to bring to human interaction.

>needing to introduce yourself
kek

Did you even read the OP?

Give an example scenario if you want a useful answer, there is too little context, what is your major and how does conversation turn south?

That's probably something you should be asking yourself considering none of us know anything about your social life or where you live or go to university or literally whatever else. Another question you can ask yourself is why you are really bothering to make this thread. Are you insecure? You seem desperate to justify not being STEM. Otherwise you'd be like me and not give a shit and just let people live their lives.

>wallace poster complaining about stemfags

back to r/lit/, and take your hanged hack with you

I don't care what major some person is, or if they go to school at all.

stem people like to talk facts and will correct you if you're wrong. it's not because we're pretentious or think you're stupid, we just like to inform people about correct information. to most people this comes off as intimidating and pretentious. we honestly can't help it and don't really care. knowledge is power.

Honestly, who the fuck is not a manchild to you?

I AM a stemfag

>be me
>join uni's book club
>hey user what's your major
>EE
>they turn around 360 degrees and walk away
In short, I guess I'm just upset that as a stem major with a lot of right-brain leaning interests, it seems to be more difficult than it should to find others like me.

>are you insecure
Yes

>he fell for the left/right brain meme

>I guess I'm just upset that as a stem major with a lot of right-brain leaning interests, it seems to be more difficult than it should to find others like me.
I don't really see what this has to do with EE - it seems pretty "left-brain" to me, I'd suggest they either hate engineers or think you're too close to CS, dunno.

Might be a meme but it's pretty widespread terminology regardless. Analytical/creative would be better.

90%+ of students in my EE major are turbo normies. There's even only like 3 white girls out of more than 100 students. More foreign girls than white.

>EE
>look for science/engineering clubs
>there's one IEEE club, more of like a frat, never meets
>there's one "design" club, which mostly finance or some shit majors meet, never actually make anything
>supposedly I'm at a good uni for engineering

How stupid you are to somehow divide analytical mindset and creativity? You need creativity to analise stuff. And your creations is much better if you can analyse and not only throw your trips on paper.

Cal poly?

>Creative intelligence
>The ability to generate novel ideas, redefine problems and sell ideas

>Analytical intelligence
>The ability to recognize and define the problem, formulate problem solving strategies, allocate appropriate resources to solve the problem, monitor problem solving strategies and evaluate solutions

The fact that both are required does not change that they are separate concepts.

>they turn around 360 degrees and walk away

They probably aren't intimidated so start off by not assuming that. Second, interact with them like they are human beings, much like you would any other human being. Third, why are you asking advice on how to make friends? It's the most basic skill you learn in kindergarten.

Unless your reply is something like

> HAHA! YOU SEE I'M ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MUSTARD RACE!

You're probably just imagining the whole

> 360 degrees and walk away

thing.

Realize that most people in college don't give a fuck about your major unless it's immediately relevant (think project groups). When they ask, they're just making small talk, and unless you draw unnecessary attention to it, then they won't really care.

Maybe it's just that you yourself have a hard time interacting with these people in general, not that they're really judging you. As an electrical engineering student, I have never seen anybody ever do anything close to what you're mentioning, and I used to hang around a lot of people you'd probably call "left brainers".

On the other hand, the deeper into my degree I get (and the less and less time I spend going out and socializing), i've found that it becomes harder to keep an interesting conversation going with those sorts of people, unless they're my close friends.

Mostly because nerdy/manchildren type people have a massive superiority complex, and they believe majoring in STEM is the "superior" choice because that's a strong cultural message, and since they're vocal narcissistic fags they act as they are.

It's become a problem since the internet is so addictive. Many "nerdy" types spend their adolescence playing stupid video games and not socializing, so it makes them inept virgin retards as adults and they act like babies.

> you'd probably call "left brainers"
Or maybe I meant "right brainers". I don't really understand the terminology, I kinda just meant "artsy farts outdoorsy types".

>Realize that most people in college don't give a fuck about your major unless it's immediately relevant
I suspect mostly this

>Civil Engineering
>Structural Design professor consistently calls non-Civils normies
guess that means we're fuckin' retarded

Maybe you're just an autistic retard who has no empathy for others.

My only two close friends are Aspergers. I'm more of a psychopath, so we get along.

I'm confused on what a STEM major is
Is it just any major involving Math, Science, Computers, etc.?

If so, what else are you supposed to major in, that's not Art?

Literature, History, Teaching, Psychology, Politics, Finance

You must be some kind of special, I'm majoring in math which is literal autism tier and people either tell me that they were never good at math or that I must be really smart and then the conversation goes on like normal. You probably just exude smugness and carry yourself like you think you're better than people based on choice of major.

I just tell them when they ask and don't correct them 95% of the time when they spew bullshit. When I tell them, they almost always say something like "wow you must be smart," so I say something like "well I like to think so," to casually step over it because I don't want them to think I have self esteem issues or that I'm conceited. It's awkward when someone puts you on a pedestal by saying you're smart.

STEM = science, technology, engineering, mathematics. If it's one of those it's STEM, if not, it isn't.

reminder that stemfags are literally computers

>You must be some kind of special, I'm majoring in math which is literal autism tier and people either tell me that they were never good at math or that I must be really smart and then the conversation goes on like normal.
In math and the exact same experience. Nobody gives a fuck or is """intimidated"""

Seriously. My former lab partner in med school got his PhD in Math from MIT. I only knew because we were introducing ourselves. "Oh, that's cool." No one ever said anything else after that.

CS here.

No we're not.

I have worked with two MIT grads. They are both low-key AF about it. I only knew because other people told me. Neither of them even bring it up.

This is what happens for me. I always make a joke when they say I must be smart, because I don't really know how to take that without sounding conceited.

How's the art degree going? You making $8/h at Starbucks?

What's wrong with computing? I've never actually heard a good argument against calculating things. It almost always ends up being, "Stop liking things I don't like".