What do you make of this guy?

What do you make of this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RkBl7WKzzRw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know... Some kind of singing... And they said another child is born in India every time you call his number.

Genius. His work has been verified by over 10 mathematicians now. Good enough for me.

well what do you mean by genius?

To be a mathematician you probably are already smart...

He spent over a decade developing loads of new mathematics in order to develop his theory that could ultimately prove a famous unsolved problem in mathematics.

so he is like the tesla of math?

why is he so unheard of?

This fucker probably heard Erdos say "Mathematics isn't advanced enough for the Collatz Conjecture" and decided that he was going to make math that advanced.

He's on a different level.

>so he is like the tesla of math?

tesla is a meme

>why is he so unheard of?

Because even the vast majority of mathematicians haven't bothered to study his work. There is a ridiculous amount of completely new mathematics to study.

Real question for anyone who might know: what the fuck kind of material do I need to learn before even starting on his earlier papers? I've done most undergrad math, lel.

unrivaled?

Probably at least a post-doc in arithmetic geometry.

how likely will he be immortalized for his math contributions?

If he's right, then without a doubt he will be immortalized for creating an entire new field of math.

I no that there is literally 5 people on the planet who at least understand something in his shit, but will his matematics do something cool? Or it is so cool that we will get some practical shit with it only in 500 years?

I hope that this guy does indeed discover something worth the 10 years of his life coming up with that shit.

He supposedly discovered a proof of the 30 year old abc conjecture. Considering how useful this conjecture is that's not a bad start.

will he ever stop being a sperg and talk about his work to people?

You can get only so far with pop sci.

He feels that we aren't trying hard enough to read it on our own.

how is the abc conjecture useful?

It would make solving Diophantine equations a lot easier, because you would know the number of solutions.

well someone present one of these equations to that jap see if he gets them

It's strong enough to prove Fermat's Last Theorem in 5 lines or so. Considering how easily stated abc is this is remarkable since it sidesteps having to resort to the proof using elliptic curves and modular forms that took ~350 years to come up with.

I'm pretty sure he does since you learn them in grad-level courses.

>To be a mathematician you probably are already smart...
Keep telling yourself that. B.A from your state university ain't shit kid.

but does it have applications outside of mathematics?

>applications outside of mathematics?

What do you mean by that? I could barely read that sentence. Applications? You mean like iphone apps? What is an application?

To be successful in any field takes a certain amount of intelligence.

>being this retarded

Pretty sure it was sarcasm because math isn't about applications, you mouthbreather.

I've never heard about applications.

Is that a graduate level course? I am still in undergrad pure math so maybe I am still not doing 'application theory' or whatever it is called.

True. I read up a lot on it

youtube.com/watch?v=RkBl7WKzzRw

I don't know, from what I've seen a lack of intelligence and curiosity seems to be what gets people to upper level management, according to my experience in customer service.

Do black holes have applications outside of physics?

As a literary element.

>XP
>customer service
kekekkekek

He said any field.

Sources of energy.