I think that they're a diverse group of people with many different hobbies and interests...

I think that they're a diverse group of people with many different hobbies and interests, kind of like any unspecific group of people

If I had to guess, I'd say that each of them has an IQ that is at least 160.

Wow user, are you a genius?

>IQ meme
Will this pseudoscience ever die? IQ is phrenology-tier

isn't it essentially a compilation of different tests?

I could test my "pattern recognition" skills in a particular way, then compare this to other people.

isn't IQ simply an accumulation of several such tests that are geared toward a "generalized" view of intelligence in humans?

Iq is the best predictor of success.

get the fuck out with that bullshit.

I just assume they took the same test over and over googling the answers they didn't understand between testings.

that's how a friend of mine got over 160 on RPM.

I can repeat IQ test over and over again until I get the higher score. Can I learn how to solve IQ tests? Yes. Does my intelligence increase? No.

You can LEARN how to solve IQ tests. That's why it's bullshit.

If you learn to solve different patterns, that makes you smarter.

Yfw comparing 160 and 100 IQ is like comparing 1.6Ghz and 1Ghz CPU. It's faster but that's all about it. Many millionaires have average IQ and living the dream.
U mad IQfags?

bait.

kys.

please.

kys.

this is what small IQ brainlets actually believe

What? How fucking puzzles makes me smarter in general? What does even mean "be smart"?
This is what IQ fagets actually believe.

Learning to solve puzzles which occur in intelligence tests raise your chances of scoring high on said tests. That shouldn't really be surprising. But it still is just a measure of what it measures and nothing else.

>descriptive statistics is phrenology
>Veeky Forums - Science and Math

Thats not correct.
Self discipline is proven to be the single most important variable in every aspect of success

So with enough time a IQ 60 retard can do an phd in quantum physics? Infinite amount of time.
I don't think so, there are thresholds which enable you to do different thinks.
You don't have the same capacity with IQ 130 than you have with IQ 160 and there is no amount of time which elevates this profound difference

kek

if we're talking financial success then laziness goes a long ways.

you have to be pretty allergic to work to hire other people, and you have to hire other people to make moneys.

these people here are trying to down play the significance of IQ.

they are brainlets.

But that test claim to measure how smart I am. And in pop culture people are actually segregated by results of that test. This is not just a test. The whole idea of IQ measurement is stupid and harmful. This is sort of racist theories for me.

>So with enough time a IQ 60 retard can do an phd in quantum physics?
Can you?

fuck off.

there is no better test that will measure your success in life.

its also 60-80% genetic.

raven matrices are cultural free IQ tests.

To expand further and that.

A better analogy for IQ would be random access memory or RAM.
In that analogy you long term memory is a read-only HDD, your active knowledge is a read-only SSD and your overall processing speed is the operations per second or xHz. Operations per second is almost fixed in humans in a range from maybe 10-80 Hz. Here you gain a little bit speed with coffein.

But the ram is what counts. If you have a problem to solve and need more than a few bits of information's for that you are fucked with a low IQ.
The ram determines what calculations you can perform.

There are pieces of information which are too large (to many "bytes") to fit in a given amount of RAM (or IQ)

You can over lock you brain by taking stimulants. Just don't get unstable clocks :^)
You can't add more RAM, that is genetically given. What you can do I would think is improve, or optimize your ram usage.
With stuff like dual-n back you are maybe able to optimize your given RAM, this "optimization hypothesis" would explain why people max out relatively quickly in dual n back iq transfer

I know its bait but I can't ignore that silver platter

Computational chemistry actually