Thinking of investing in some silver 1 oz coins - outside of weight / tax considerations - which is prettiest ?

Thinking of investing in some silver 1 oz coins - outside of weight / tax considerations - which is prettiest ?

buy turtle coin

Maples.

Turtles and Liberty for aesthetic. Maybe Britannia, special mention for Panda, though I would avoid even the possibility of giving China my money.

Leafs are terrible. Goes double for the coin.

old morgan sliver dollars, or 1onza 2016, careful buying cheap modern sliver coins they might be fake, if it isnt accturate sliver prices its most likely fake and dont buy that chinese one, dont ever trust the chinese on an investment on almost anything.
Also what brings you to the sliver coin market now, this shit isnt really alive gold is still king in the metals or palladium.

Gainesvillecoins.com is the cheapest I've found. Huge selection.

the bewbs

>Libertad
>ASE
>Maple Leaf (I don't like the other side though)

Yeah I would only stick to real mint / government backed coins because of I assume you just want to buy a couple tubes of new coins and call it a day, but old morgans and peace dollars are pretty cool too.

Random question, I have a gold coin in a sealed flim, it's chinese and there's some insert with chinese writing on the other side. Any way to tell if it's real or not? Was my grandfathers.

What an awesome coin
>The obverse of the Silver Libertad coin features the Mexican National Seal with an eagle atop a cactus, clutching a serpent in its beak.

Just seems super cheap in comparison to gold in terms of the historical ratio - plus it seems like a cool fun way to take some crypto profits.

Feels more underground having profit in a silver stack instead of some IOU numbers in a bank account.

Can't beat Silver Eagles.

Why coins though? Trying to get around crypto taxes? Bullion is better for buying/selling reserves.

Yeah I just want some actual coins too.

The coins in the OP are bullion

Aren't Liberties not as pure as Maples though? Something about that bothers me. If I get a coin I want it pure as can be.

I think he's more just talking unit value per gram - coins have a premium on the 1kg+ bar discount.

Nothing is as pure as mapples
>.9999 pure
>the other 0.0001 is toxic liberalism

Yeah but for something like an eagle you keep the premium when you sell because it helps assure it's real silver
Or so I hear at least, I've just bought a bit here and there, never sold

Austrian

heres the other side of my gold coin

got a good magnet or any magnet hanging around?

I used to own one of those. I hated the design. One of the only government issued coins I hate the design enough to never own again.

Be careful, coin purchases are scrutinized by alphabet orgs because they think it's how mercenaries/kiddy diddlers/hackers like to get paid.

Just have try extra hard not to kill, hack or diddle any kids then...?

Maples suck to many milk spot

love me some maples. just got my 2018s from goldsilverbull. sex

there are a few sites out that will sell you 5-10 oz of Ag at spot if you're a new customer. I just got 5 premium 1 oz coins at spot from a place called bold. JM has a ten oz deal goin.

I'm partial to silver eagles and libertads. Philharmonics are nice. The new 2018 Incuse maples look really nice.

My advice, buy a couple of each of the government coins you like and get a spot deal. Lots of reputable dealers offer one time deals at spot to first time customers. They'll be generics, but it's at spot.

Is there a difference in the coins?

I have a few leafs from a few years back. Only got them because they were cheapest.

As far as amount of silver no. 1 Troy oz = 1 Troy oz. 0.999 vs 0.9999 fineness is such a small difference in purity it doesn't matter.

But gold is different. A 1 oz American Gold Eagle contains 1 oz of pure gold, but the fineness of it is 0.9167 (22k), so there's more than one oz of stuff there, but 1 oz of that stuff is gold. A 1 oz Gold Maple is 0.9999 gold (24k), so it's just pure gold. Both the eagle and the maple contain the same amount of gold, but it's something to be aware of

That's interesting, I always thought there might be some value to the differences of the coin.

For example, in Canada they had a sale for 150 years since confederation 1 oz coin. I think 1 per person. So I thought that might have more value one day but really I also thought that it still i just just an ounce of silver. It seemed like whatever value it would have wouldn't matter.

Well mintage numbers matter. Bare minimum it's just an oz of silver, but if there's interest in an old issue with a limited run, then yeah you could be looking at being able to sell it higher than a generic round provided it's in good shape.
Standard bullion coins like a regular eagle or Maple will be slightly more valuable than a generic round due to government mintage and being instantly recognizable, but it's not an really that much of a difference.

Pandas and Kookaburras if you are just going for aesthetics and collectability.

maples have a tendency to get milk spots. But people love them the most worldwide. Go outside North America and everyone loves a maple. They even have a little spot on them that stores a barcode that can be scanned and verified asians love that shit. I have close to 3000 ounces in various silver (bars, numatics, coins, wafers, etcc) eeveryone who is interested and serioius always takes the maple.