Well, Veeky Forums?

Well, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n2JaM86xpqo
youtube.com/watch?v=UMIglW-hlVs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is he equidistant from the two?

I didn't think so....

this picture proves that the sun is actually just someone pointing a laser in the sky.

I don't understand, is he flat earthing?

stop shitposting

Yes.

"you can't see the curve unless you are high" said the scientist

"ow rely? hit me dat gud shit nugga"

"ayo dat shiet curved liek yo mumma's ass"

.... And that's how I became a fellow at the Royal Institute

I'm pretty sure the interdynamics of the lift from the air/wings and gravity do the work for you to make sure you stay at the same height from the Earth.

>pilots would have to constantly course-correct downwards
OK, there's stupid, and then there's "never heard of gravity" stupid.

It honestly looks a little bit curved to me, but maybe it's just my mainstream indoctrination.

More semantics lol. why can't you just admit that you don't know anything and you're repeating what you've been indoctrinated like good little whores as always ?

#GravityMatters

Would it matter? flat earthers don't have a proper counter for it so it's not like it matters if we regurgitate the truth or not.

>is an international music star
>regular travels around the world in different directions
>hasn't found the edge of the world yet

well cut off my dick and call me caitlyn

>what is general relativity and geodesics

1/10

>toddlers can observe gravity
>toddlers know the earth pulls things towards it
>'indoctrination'

>a post in mostly coherent english

Obviously stolen, like a good little nigger

>adjusting thrust isn't a course correction

kek

Well, Veeky Forums, I'm bored.
I've had all the "no free will", "flat earth", "race doesn't real", "Apollo was faked", "jet fuel vs steel beams" etc. troll threads.

Can't we do something new?
Young-Earth creationism?
Lysenkoism?
Flat Mars, maybe?

> flat mars

I like it already

>16 miles
>thinks he'll see 10 feet of curve

>no free will
But that's true, and an obvious consequence of causalism.

Maybe thats why Elon wants to go there?

Im scared that only most of them are trolling, and not all

You sure showed him bud.

This
Literally 90% of flat earth arguments can be debunked with either gravity or just not being a retard

They just counter it with gravity isn't a thing and earth just travels up at 9.81m/s/s.

Which is stupid for plenty of reasons

I like how flat earthers never work out the math beforehand and establish falsification conditions.
"Seems just about right, maybe" is not a sound argument, let alone evidence or proof.

> gravity isn't a thing and earth just travels up at 9.81m/s/s
they're getting stupider with each day

Arent most flat earthers just trolls or people who do this for the sake of debating?
Like, dont they just want people to question things, that they take for granted.

for example:
> gravity isn't a thing and earth just travels up at 9.81m/s/s
would explain a lot of effects of gravity and makes people come up with a better reasoning than "things fall down, duh"

Well at least thats what some people of the flat earth society are going for

Except if the earth was accelerating up instead of us towards it, all objects would fall at the same rate regardless of air resistance.

As for the debating part it's hard to say, I think it's split pretty evenly. Obviously there's people actually starting the groups like FES and people like b.o.b who believe their shit

Earth has a circumference of about 25000 miles

So the distance between the cities is 16/25000 of the way around the earth

Converting that fraction to radians, we have 2pi*16/25000 = 0.004021 radians, or 0.23 degrees

Wow so much curvature

That's a pretty good approximation but in truth the closest surface on earth that comes to that is the ocean. The rest of the surface is governed also by tectonic plates meaning it can get away with barely curving at all in places

and you can't use logic or facts to argue with the flat earthers. either you're personally part of the conspiracy or you're a sheep / you've been indoctrinated

Or you're the retarded one not them. Either way we lose

I like how they imply, that every space footage ever, no matter if NASA, private, russian or a cellphone on a helium balloon, is CGI. Even the live feed of the ISS and similar stuff is fake.

Like to have a good laugh/cringe?

here you go

youtube.com/watch?v=n2JaM86xpqo

This doesn't just go for flat earthers. Anyone who holds an unpopular opinion feels compelled to defend by calling other naive, sheep, indoctrinated, etc.

Actually that isn't necessarily true. The earth moving up at 9.8 m/s^2 would push the air along with it. If this is the case you can basically picture this as a 9.8 m/s^s wind pushing upward. Wind will travel around a piece of paper and a brick completely differently (if you don't believe this go to a wind tunnel and do the experiment yourself). So really your whole point is invalid, sorry try again.

they will tell you, that sun is a spotlight that only shines downward

Gravity itself disproves flat Earth. The flat disk would eventually pull itself into a ball

99% of flat Earthers simply don't simple don't understand gravity, They think it's a force that pulls stuff "down" rather than to the center of mass of a heavy object.

Chemtrails

>the atmosphere is consistently the same thickness from the surface to the edge of space.
>aeronautic flight is not rotational

>trust me, Im a rapper

So how do people who believe in a flat earth overcome the fact that the moon is clearly visible as a sphere in the sky, or any other planets for that matter?

Do they argue its a disk permanently facing the earth or something? Which is even more retarded.

>Do they argue its a disk permanently facing the earth or something?
either that, or they will say, that the moon being round doesnt mean that the earth is

But when you consider gravity isnt it obvious a sphere is the default assortment that matter will combine into?

Gravity isn't real (to Flat Earthers). Instead, the Earth travels upwards accelerating at 9.8m/s^2.

of course

but to be fair, they think/argue that gravity doesnt exist and that the moon is much much smaller than it really is.

How does this explain the moon cycles?

How do they explain seasons?
How do they explain the north and south poles havING 6 months of darkeness

What is their explanation as to why gravity is differently strong in different parts of the world?

They can just be debunked with math, logic and common sense.

For a plane to fly into outer space it'd need to gain kinetic energy which can't be drawn from nowhere.

well, I dont know if that gif accurately shows their model. I think they believe the moon is not always in opposition to the sun as the gif shows it
and somehow, when it comes to this, the sun is now magically not a spotlight anymore

the sun isnt fixed in its trajectory/ intensity

they dont believe in gravity.
or making simple experiments

>When the sun is further away from the North Pole, it's winter in the northern hemiplain (or hemisphere) and summer in the south

>they dont believe in gravity.
yeah but how do they explain that things are accelerated downwards at different rates across the earth?

they dont. they will claim that this isnt true. remember: nasa is lying.

they will also ignore the suggestion, that you can test something similar with a reasonable precise scale and a tall building

Can someone explain the airplane downward adjustment thing to me

t. brainlet, not flat earther

Gravity

>says the man watching the sun set
/saged/

Planes altitude is adjusted to stay parallel to the ground. They lift their nose up to lift up, then they rotate back down to stay at the same level. The sum of velocity and gravity keep you at a constant height.
So planes naturally fly in curves to stay at the same level, they don't fly straight. And if they did fly straight, they would go out of bounds.

I saw a vid on it recently.
youtube.com/watch?v=UMIglW-hlVs
>Inb4 muh popsci vids

tl;dr this is what flat Earthers think would happen if you fly in a straight line on a spherical world.

I guess, he thinks that this is what a straight trajectory means

Does this include distance? The sun could follow this format, but with it being 9,400 miles away (If it was in Australia and you live in the United States) you wouldn't be able to see that far.

I'm not a FE I'm just trying to understand if the picture debunks it fully. Because FE say the sun isn't nearly as big as Scientist say it is.

oops. I was a little late.
should really use auto update

I was about to draw the same

>Flat Mars
>666
KEK WILLS IT

That's not two different cities, that's two different neighborhoods of Atlanta. That nigga on stone mountain.

>Minecraft representation of sun and moon interaction

>Eclipses are caused by the sun going behind the moon, or vice versa. It's that simple.

guys! dont watch a lunar eclipse! looking straight into the sun will harm your eyes

>simply don't simple don't understand

I mean technically if you were going fast enough you could have a flight path that looked similar to that, but even if you were going at nearly the speed of light the line would have a slight downward curve.

I wouldn't want to accelerate from zero to a gorillion miles an hour at sea level though, imagine the shockwave from that amount of heat and pressure.

Creatards were here only a few days ago I think.
>Lysenkoism
>The term Lysenkoism is also used metaphorically to describe the manipulation or distortion of the scientific process as a way to reach a predetermined conclusion as dictated by an ideological bias
It pretty much shoots itself down, if the conclusion is predetermined and based on ideology it's basically shit from the outset.
>Flat Mars
Honestly I haven't heard this one yet, that would be fun to shoot down, even if it probably doesn't take much more effort than the flat earth conjecture.

>Zero to a gorillion.
Is this a speed where the G forces are equal to one million Gorillas landing on top of you?

>Is this a speed where the G forces are equal to one million Gorillas landing on top of you?
Yes, it's actually measured in gpsi or gorillas per square inch. Going at such incredible speed means every inch of your body is covered in the force of a million gorillas all over your face and chest.

Please get off this board and never come back.

How do flat earthers explain a Lahaina Noon?

And btw. they're all christians, believing what a 2000+ years old book said.

What if a plane flies over the south pole?

pretty much the same way we do, i would guess

according to them, this never happened and antarctica is patroled by military

Please tell me thats not what they think.

We should make a foundation with sole purpose of putting these people in planes and fly them around the globe once.

Isn't the equivalnce principle enough justification to think that earth could be just accelerating at 9.8 m/s^2. Though G isn't uniform at all Heights.

>no free will

All your actions are involuntary and have been decided by the way your brain is configured before you're even aware you've made the choice so yeah, no free will

also devil trips check'd

WHAT'S GRAVITY

How about you stop rejecting evidence your primitive mind can't understand?

b-but I am my brain

They don't, they also don't have an explaination for how air resistance affects falling times

We aren't rewriting the whole physics textbook if the earth were flat dipshit.

If I jump out of a plane now I don't experience the wind moving in the same direction and speed as earths rotation. Why do I magically experience if it the earth is flat. Answer I wouldn't because fundamental truths of physics like inertia wouldn't change.

Fucking git gud

>We aren't rewriting the whole physics textbook if the earth were flat dipshit
actually yes

But how can the airplanes not crash on the earth then? Pilots would have to make constant corrections upward :^)

>semantics
>the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.
>the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text.

>no user, we don't want correct terminology to define our neurosis.

>actually yes
Well damn I'm convinced. Fine argument faggot

what are you on about?
Do you think the flat earth "theory" would work with our understanding of physics?
It wouldnt.
Didnt thought I would have to make a "convincing argument" for that

A flat earth only changes how physics works on the planet not throughout the entire universe dipshit.

Even still heat will transfer the same, atoms will bond the same, inertia will still work how it does now etc etc

So yes you would have