Have you made any substantial gains or losses using leverage here?

have you made any substantial gains or losses using leverage here?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitmex.com/app/fees
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I made massive gains initially, back when BTC hit 6k I went long with 3x leverage, so the run to 20k was basically like 600% gains for me, but since then I've lost almost all those gains on mis-timed longs and shorts.

Low leverage is actually easy mode though, like anyone not trading on 2x leverage is an idiot.

question

if you start a position at 2x leverage and then change it to 50x or 100x how does that work? Like if my position is going well and I see an obvious dump or pump can I just throw the slider to 100x and make huge gains? I feel like it doesn't work like that.

you have to open a new position at the new leverage

Make way boys I made a sweet 3 dollars today with my measly 145 xbt. Lamboland incomming

I like to put small amounts like $50-$100 on 50x when I see bitcoin start to plummet or spike.

really? because when i change the slider my positions change. My margin goes to the minimum again though and I have to add it back. Does that mean I'm basically opening a new position every time I move the slider?

Started a couple weeks ago and went full retard with 100x positions and got liquidated each time. Have changed it up these past few days and only go max 25x. So far I'm at 4x this week (0.5 btc to 2 btc)

what are the fees like on bitmex?

Can someone explain why when I enter a position on Bitmex it doesnt use my whole funds for it? It uses a small fraction of what I have for the position. Why the fuck does it do that? I dont get it.

I just figured this out actually. In the USD field you put the total amount including margin that you want to bet.

So if you have $100 in your account and you want to bet with 100x leverage you don't put $100 in the field. you put 10,000

bitmex.com/app/fees

Ahhhh thanks user! Have a brapette as a thanks.

bitmex is a scam, nobody has ever cashed out profit. the nigger running the exchange front-runs his customers since he can see all the orders, and thus he can liquidate you in an instant to steal your money

Made thousands here. But only after losing thousands learning. Might be brainlet tier, but the game changer for me was realizing that I was buying a futures contract, the price of which can fluctuate differently than the underlying asset.

that's not what front running means you fucking breainlet

these bitmex threads are part of their social engineering program

indicators?

you do realize that at any time there are people betting on btc going both directions? Who does he decide to liquidate?

I lost every penny and had to start all over with a new investment

>Who does he decide to liquidate?
You.

No i tried using the testnet and i got liquidated within 5 minutes so fuck that

Fuck off shill
I'll see you at the bar, Sam

> Who does he decide to liquidate?
Arthur Hayes answers to the Rothschilds, who answer to the Bogs.

There's an entire chain of command

this is true, the bitmex shilling and leverage trading shitposts have increased like 100x since start of the year

How do I use this as an American and still pay taxes?

Serious question, don't really feel like fucking with the government.

How does the zata zu tripfag do it? Hes been calling exact tops and bottoms on biz for 2 weeks and turned 0.2 into 9BTC. I wish i just mirrored his calls since the start

Yeah I'm following him, he's very impressive

link?

I longed at 10.7 to 11.5 but because i didnt know how to use bitmex properly it only allocated a small % of my funds to my position instead of the whole amount.

its pretty fucking confusing for a while at first.

He usually makes a thread each day. also has a twitter i believe

went long 25x at 11312
liquidate at 10934

im going to sleep right now, no stop loss

Can Amerifags do this without legal trouble? Says USA is not allowed but heard you can sign up using a VPN

You might get it but what's your close position? There's still a chance it could drop to 10.5k, too risky for me to open a position yet.

I went long at 11269 40x liquidated at 10950 also going to sleep

you don't have to declare getting 100x liquidated on your taxes

hello

I am SEC

U r under a rest

this is the internal Revenue Service.

Please send 400$ in itunes gift cards or you will be warrant for your arrest

thank yoiu