Why do humans adore lions?

Why do humans adore lions?

I can understand feeling more sympathy for mammals than reptiles or fish, but why is a man-eater universally admired?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM
youtube.com/watch?v=thYHQFZL82U
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because in the wild it represents power and might. Also they look majestic, time to grow a beard user.

coz they're just big cats

humans liked lions for thousends of years ( since the roman empire)
Its just a popculture thing

That's practically the definition of culture that is not pop. Consistency over thousands of years. Every culture that had contact with lions admired them from the start.

Gobekli Tepe. The oldest monuments on Earth have many depictions of poisonous, deadly, and dangerous animals. Man has always worshiped those things which are most dangerous to them as if by worshiping them we gain some power over them.

Because they fuck like 60 times a day.

Not just lions in general, animals in general. We're so high above the food chain that we can admire them and nature in general. That's how abstract our mind is compared to theirs, that we can admire the beauty and come up with human relatable metaphors surrounding them.

Lions are for faggots

I shed a tear of joy every time I see a faggot get worked up over the death of a lion.

I don't.
Lions are ugly, lazy, and useless, especially males.
Tigers, on the other hand...

be more cringy, please

> lions are faggots
Go tell that to their face and see who the faggot is

Cause we like pussies, no matter their size. Seriously though, because they're majestic and powerful

Why are Eagles, Sharks, T-Rex' cool?

They are at the top of the food chain. That's blatantly obvious, is it not??

Fuck lions, monstrous beast that they are. Remember this old vid? I cheer for joy when that buffalo charges to save the young one. That's real courage!

youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

1. Cats
2. Pride
3. Majesty
4. Regency
5. Power

is kitty ok :( is he asleep?

Seriously there is no other land animal that looks as ALPHA as this, just sitting there

Watching a lion tear a cat apart really fucked me up

youtube.com/watch?v=thYHQFZL82U

Especially the part when the cat is just writhing in pain as the lions just play with it, and bleed it out

because they have a haircut

Big cats are by far the most attractive and bad ass animals on the planet. I heard a lion roar once close up and it was the most jaw dropping things I've ever experienced. Knowing that i have to die, i often wish that it could be by lion or tiger. That would be the greatest of deaths imo

Don't jump down to giants.

Because they are strong and majestic and pompous and many cultures worship strength and might.

Never watched cats play with mice, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, or anything really? Same thing. The only thing that seems to escape this half life of torture are birds. They seem to die too quickly for them to drag out the death most of the time.

he basically has a big ass beard which makes him look old and wise.
therefore respect

They'd rip out and eat your organs, doubt they care if you remained alive for most if it, not a pleasant way to go.

Chinese empires, Persian, Egyptian, African, European, Indian, etc...

The lion appears everywhere in all ancient cultures, and while different cultures and localities had varying depictions and meanings of the lion, it usually came down to stuff along the lines of it being the predator of all predators in the great unknown and brutal wild.

In modern literature we see the same stuff.

The public in general only cares about the most sensational mammals and birds when it comes to conservation. No one cares about helping efforts for reptiles, spiders, insects, fish.

So we make a fund raiser to help "Sensational Mammal X" to actually mostly protect a snake or something.

Lions are sensational, exciting and not creepy, and have been heavily romanticized in the past that carries on today.

Well not everywhere, probably not the Mayan civilization or where lions do not occur, or where information about lions has never come about.

It's all about power.
We all seek power the one way or the other.

We admire Lions for they are capable of.

Because humans are naturally furries.

Honestly, perhaps you would benefit from some sort of creative writing class, where you are forced to use your imagination. This question is just embarrassing

As noted before, a big component of this phenomena is about how big cats demand respect through sheer power and cunning.

But another part of it is the contrast that can be seen in most wild cats. They're killing machines, but if you watch them in their leisure time they behave very similarly to housecats, complete with displays of affection, leisure, and comfort.

This duality is interesting, because most deadly animals don't have it, and humans find that intriguing and perhaps even relatable since we are capable of it as well.

They still loved their own big cats, the jaguars and panthers of the forests of Mexico

What the video that posted. That cat is you. Think about that for a second.

>what
Watch*

Humans admire and respect the power all big cats have.

It's not just their power, but also the cunning, subtlety, and elegance that goes along with it. There are many creatures that equal or exceed the raw power of big cats, but none of those get the level of respect that we give big cats.

Cats aren't simple mindless brutes, they're slick, intelligent killing machines and that's what inspires awe.

Its everything about them their massive size,power,regal look. The fact that they stalk their prey in an almost human like way. And ofcourse their manes give them a almost mythical look adding to their allure even more.

that is exactly the definition of pop culture ya luddite