Canadians, how do you buy crypto?

With the market down as it is and looking to possibly crash again, I want to put more fiat in. But the previous times, I bought using the Interac online function at Quadriga, which my bank doesn't allow anymore.

So what are the best ways for Canadians to buy crypto now? Is it by bank wire (which takes 5 days and looks to have a 20-something $ fee) or credit card, and do advanced cash fees apply when using a cc to buy crypto here?

Also, does any of you have any preferred exchanges? Quadriga is pretty illiquid, which makes the arbitrage bots all the more annoying. Are you generally using Canadian exchanges or going with bigger ones like Gemini or Coinbase?

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/fr/currencies/quebecoin/
coinmarketcap.com/fr/currencies/canada-ecoin/
reddit.com/r/BitcoinCA/comments/7p3yk1/rbc_froze_my_account_and_wont_open_it_again/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

get a rbc debit card that's not connected to visa/mastercard

use ntrust or quadrica cx

it's that easy

usually skate on over to the pond n buy some from the beavers eh

I would tell you my specific method but it only really works if it's not saturated, all I'll tell you is look into video game skins.

Spill the beans help us fellow struggling Canucks out user

csgo skins?

coinsquare

I just use the local bitcoin ATM. Easy as it gets.

Local eth has really low fees and you can use cash

I was researching it recently and read on reddit that they RBC is stopping interac online as well and is locking accounts if they find out they're used to buy crypto, or deposit funds coming from a crypto exchange.

I hadn't heard of ntrust yet, just quadriga and coin square, I'll look into it, thanks.

I know nothing about video games skins, and even if it's possible to sell them easy for crypto, I'd feel dumb as hell if I buy something that doesn't sell and I end up with a few thousand dollars worth of horse armor.

scotia banned credit cards for crypto purchase as of today. i seriously hope crypto causes a run on the banks.

Might not be a bad idea, I see some are close by. I still prefer to have somewhere to deposit fiat online so that I can really buy at the price I want instead of paying a huge markup on a market buy order, which is what I assume BTC ATMs do.

I also prefer to buy ETH directly since I think it's a better value right now, but of course I can just sell BTC for it after too.

I use ezBtc.ca. They accept Interac E-Transfer with 1.5% for the fee. You can fund with cash if you live in Toronto or Vancouver.

They're making it harder to buy, that's certain.

Ill sell you mine

Part of the problem is that banks are opting out of interac online, probably because too many people were using it to buy crypto (officially it's because of all the online fraud in which people steal other's credentials... to buy crypto).

next 1000x buy now
coinmarketcap.com/fr/currencies/quebecoin/
coinmarketcap.com/fr/currencies/canada-ecoin/

really makes you think right? i wonder where this will go from here

another maple leaf here. till now me, and everyone i know has been getting in with quadriga with the non visa debit cards and then transfer out into whatever exchange you want. . local bitcoins might be an option for you as well if it gets really hard. vaultoro for gold/btc if thats your thing...

how are you faggots not using quickbt

only the credit cards? so my non visa/MC debit is still good to go for now?

Yeah, Ill go back to the bank tomorrow and see if there's a way if I can have a non MC card again, if they allow anyone to still have them. That seems like the simplest and fastest way.

I always used Coinbase to buy crypto, they accepted my Desjardins VISA credit card, but my last purchase was in January, so I don't know if it still works.

Why would RBC do that? Its a bank account lmao.

No, debit cards are starting to be co-branded with Visa and MasterCard despite not being credit cards at all (afaik). When they change people's cards for whatever reason, they take the occasion to make the switch.

you can only get them at rbc

What are the fees and "prices" like? Can I withdraw like a thousand?
Really? BMO and TD dont do normal debit?

No idea, but there are a bunch of posts like this if you look for them.
>I was using Interac Online to fund Quadrigacx and all of a sudden RBC restricted my account. They found out I was buying crypto currencies so now they won’t reopen my account. I have to withdraw my money from RBC and deposit it back into TD where I can use E-Transfer and EFT to fund Quadrigacx. My journey with RBC only lasted two weeks.
reddit.com/r/BitcoinCA/comments/7p3yk1/rbc_froze_my_account_and_wont_open_it_again/

Thinking about it, might as well look into what this guy is saying he does too.

100% bmo doesnt offer regular debit cards anymore. td im pretty sure also does not.

i ahve a non visa/MC from scotia right now.

therye phasing them out and extremely ahrd to find but they still exist. some branches ahv ethem and some dont. ask me how i know.