Gods of integration thread

How does she even pull of this kind of stuff so easily?

math.stackexchange.com/a/908325/290074

Other urls found in this thread:

math.stackexchange.com/a/908325/290074
math.stackexchange.com/q/765198/290074
warosu.org/sci/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=cleo&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
meta.math.stackexchange.com/questions/11723/are-answers-that-have-no-explanations-useful
mrob.com/pub/ries/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's a fucking bot

Holy shit I love her
She can out-integrate Mathematica. Anyway why would anyone set up a bot to do this?

to get dick picks by math professors and blackmail tenure out of them

>dat working out
I'm signing up for a mechanical engineering course in September. It says there will be "advanced maths" Please jesus tell me it's none of this shit?

Most people don't even know what a polylogarithm is, you'll be fine user.
>dat working out
like no working out

>yfw it's a russian genius working in a military bunker who only has time to post solutions

Most people don't know what a logarithm is either.

Most people are dumb.

I meant most people that have already done a math degree at university. I think I read somewhere that people just learn these special functions as they go along integrating things rather than learning them ages beforehand.

>Holy shit I love her
ur waifu is not real

>math.stackexchange.com/a/908325/290074
I'm more impressed by Tunk-Fey's answer and how long it must've taken to LaTeX that out.

It must have been reassuring for him that his answer matched with Cleo's in the end (who answered first, over 2 days before he did).
Tunk-Fey definitely deserves the accepted answer tick though. His is the most helpful.

>she

How much of this math is actually being used everyday? What kinds of jobs would be using this level of math?

Serious question

>see pic
>instantly know who we are discussing

How does one even begin to acquire that level of integration prowess?

This thread again? Fuck off.

Does it need to have an application in jobs? People see an integral, solve it, generalise it, make a harder one, try and solve it etc.
They do these for themselves for their own enrichment, not necessarily because it has some application somewhere.

Someone had actually asked that:
math.stackexchange.com/q/765198/290074

>he doesn't want to suck and fuck Cleo's godly integration cock
faggot

Unless you're an apt logical and rational thinker and your sanity and comfort depends on you being able to relate mathematical theory to the complexities of life. Or you're some engineer sucking dick for a chance at showing off your skills for a funding to do the same thing over and over again.

I don't think an engineer is smart enough to perform these kinds of integration.

By spamming this thread for years you've already provided enough evidence on how pathetic your life is. That autistic fantasy is just redundant.

Are you so autistic that you actually believe that it's the same person spamming this thread?
Holy fucking shit user.

It's really not that much of a stretch

warosu.org/sci/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=cleo&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

You're pretty sad and autistic for being here for so long to observe something like that user.

If you only care to learn things you'd use on the job, you're going to know a lot of boring shit.

You're getting pretty defensive m8

I'm not referring to a new graduate. I mean someone who has this talent and skill that can't make sense of these things to anyone else, no matter how much they make sense. Besides, with computer technology an engineer doesn't have to manually calculate shit.

When you're at work and have found a much easier, time efficient, all around better method of performing or understanding a task and someone above you says, "Just do it the normal way..."
People need medium wage workers keeping the past intact. We don't like to waste time on making sense of the things that shape the future because 'integration' isn't going to pay the bills. It takes hard work.

Intellectual slavery makes things so much easier don't you think?

There doesn't seem to be any computer technology that will give a closed form to the integrals that the integration gods on math.se manage to get. An engineer would most likely use a compter to compute the integral to some degree of accuracy for practical purposes like the donkeys they are, rather than contributing something new to the world and bringing it into a closed form that you can actually look at and analyse.
>someone above you
>integration isn't going to pay the bills
That's why you get a good position in research where you can do what you want and get paid for it instead of becoming the worst academic in the world, i.e. an engineer.

>not it

>Cleo posts an answer
>Carl and Ron are regularly salty in the comments
Seriously, how fucking butthurt can those people be

Ron's profile picture suits it so well too.

>old man yells at cloud
>professor complains it's not up to his standards, like it's his fucking homework
Anyways, are there any discussions on meta that I've missed? Why doesn't she post anymore?

meta.math.stackexchange.com/questions/11723/are-answers-that-have-no-explanations-useful

Waaaah why don't people do what I want waaaa
Not fair, waaaaaaah
Mods pls agree with me :(

>someone else is taking my brownie points!!!!!
god, what losers

Cleo's correct answers brutalises the competition. I am sure they are sitting on scooter tires still.

Very impressive, but the Veeky Forumscopath in me wants to point out that she's ONLY doing calculus. Explicitly solving integrals is NOT higher math. Has she ever shown any knowledge of actual non-babby math?

"things I don't like aren't real math"

Basically this

would this method have a chance to work for guessing closed form of integrals?
>find the result of the integral numerically to a big precision
>get some standard constants and functions
>use some algorithm to look for linear dependence with simple coefficients

There are tools that find close closed forms given numerical values

mrob.com/pub/ries/index.html

>Cleo was using these tools all along and that is why her posts did not include procedure

After all these years...

So what class would you even see integrals like this? I know this one is very complicated and probably not in a class. But Lets look at a semi hard one, the root of tanx. The answer is long and not very obvious.

After calc 2 and diff eq, do you ever seen any more difficult integrals or anything again?

Some of her answers include functions that aren't elementary, so that may not be the case.

From her profile:
"My real name is Cleo, I'm female. I have a medical condition that makes it very difficult for me to engage in conversations, or post long answers, sorry for that. I like math and do my best to be useful at this site, although I realize my answers might be not useful for everyone."

She probably has autism.

>My real name is Cleo, I'm female.
Attention seeking slut.

>She probably has autism.
You make that sound like a bad thing.

Oh no, I didn't mean it that way. I meant that if she has autism, she probably has some savant-like abilities when it comes to integration, allowing her to evaluate difficult integrals with relative ease.

>medical condition
>difficult to engage in conversations
>difficult to post long answers
>likes math
>wants to be useful

Isn't Stephen Hawking's late sisters name Cleo?

>medical condition
>last seen Jan 5 at 23:34

A-user-kun... quickly, come closer... i need to tell you something...

The truth is i was given this ability by another, and now i must pass my integration skills on to you.

Eat one of my hairs...

>her

i want to fuck cleo

kys

>not willing eating Cleo's hair anyway

anime freak

So who possessed this integration skill before cleo?
Feynman, who woke up early in the morning to solve integrals before breakfast?

If you add enough to your vocabulary eventually every integral has a closed form