What to study

Dear user, sorry for creating this stupid thread but I am in need of your help I want to study something technical but I don't really know what the smartest choice would be I really wanted to study economic computer science but I am afraid, that it will be worthless and I won't earn a lot of money, which to be honest is one of my goals later in life, I only know that I definitely want to study something technical, what would be the smartest choice?

Engineering Physics

Why?

you should learn math and programming perfectly.

so you mean math and informatics?

The only way to get a not meme degree is to love what you study. Stop thinking about money, think what job you want to do, and apply to the closest related degree

> What to study
I don't know man, maybe something you like?

I love art and animation.

Just be excellent at math. It'll make everything else easier. Even philosophy classes. And if you decide to be a lawyer, math grads get the highest LSAT.

Well economical computer science but people laugh with me about it, they are like why don't you just hang yourself shittiest parts of business and shittiest parts of informatics and shittiest job later on

Then do that for 8 hours a day for a month, if you get tired it's just something you like, but something you love.

If it's something you love, then you better chose carefully your school because there are a lot of shitty one. Art and animation is 90% personal skills and experience. Just keep doing it

*not something you love

that was not me, I love computers especially hardware, programming and security

So go for computer engineering, it's not like it pays poorly either

I would get like 1700 (bachelor) 2000 (master) US-Dollar where I live which is not very high compared to people who did not study at all

No idea where you got those numbers, or where are you from, but staying in your home town is not really an option in this age.

Higher your education become, higher is the chance of moving. No way around that either, unless you live in London or something like that

vienna, took them from a university page in germany

2000 dollars each month right after uni is not absurdly high. I suppose it's because Austria can't absorb all the people your universities produces, since there are a bunch of Italians going there too. But knowing German and English opens you most of Europe. Germany should pay well

I'm
And that post was for

Economics. Currently governments leave this to the markets, however increasing regulation is needed. It will be essential in 5-10 years to have independently educated people who haven't gone the 'trader' route.

So do you think it is economally wise decision to make?

>It will be essential in 5-10 years

Proof?

Highest paying degree is petroleum engineering so that is your answer.

You'll probably be miserable though.

Why will I be miserable? I actually wanted to go into the oil industry - oil - car or internet security

Because economics is not technical, it's mechanical. There is no skill or understanding involved if you are not a millionaire or something. The entire job is making sure that the documents regarding the money of your company are correct, which is just applying in order every regulation.

And if I am willing to learn and sacrifice everything just to understand the study? I love hard things in which I have to struggle a lot, like I did the matriculation in one year and I had no plan of mathematics and was the worst in class, I booked a private tutor and later studied on my own and got the best in math class, I passed math matriculation with 100%

Nono, you got it wrong, it's not hard, it's soulless. Everyone can do it, but the average job you can get with it (middle company, middle position), is the stereotyped job of a half bald man working at his desk that hopes he will die.

It's just filling papers because state administration says the must be filled

Really? It sounds very exciting I mean if you work in the oil industry you have to go to very exciting places, like the dessert or or an oil island, but if it really is at you say, then it surely is nothing for me.

Are we talking about the same thing? I was saying that economy is soulless, no idea regarding petroleum engineering

oh, because I read petroleum engineering is the highest paying degree but then you said you'll be miserable though

So I expected, that you add that into the petroleum engineering.

Nono, everything I said, including the miserable one, was related to economics.
I have no idea how petroleum engineerers spend their days

>Why will I be miserable?

I was supposing that you were not interested in chemistry and that you would only do any job that pays high.

If you don't give a shit about chem then you will hate your major, your job and your life.

If you do like chem then there is no harm.

Thx m8

what about economics or software engineering?