>your school
>what you think of it

>your major/degree
>what you think of it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SE6jy78tV78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>University of Arkansas
Entire perimeter of campus is covered in churches. Kinda retarded budget. Currently spending a shitload of money to expand a stadium when they can't even fill the seats they have now.

>Civil Engineering
Pretty chill. Most classmates get shit done and immediately head to the bars a few feet down the road. Everyone seems to shit themselves at the thought of anything Chemistry/fluid though

>University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Small but fun. It's not Madison.

>Electrical Engineering
Too many Asians, not enough poon.

>University of Tennessee
Fun place in a fun city, but please god stop all the damn construction.

>Mechanical Engineering
My major is the catch-all for every idiot who doesn't know which engineering to take.

>Harvard University
Eh.
>Bachelors in Physics
Easy.

>Caltech
Small
>PHD in Physics
Beneat me.

>Liberty University
I consider it my punishment for being a poor highschool student and being too afraid to reject my parent's financial help. Although there are some things I like about it. At least it's accredited.

>Computer science
I can't make up my mind, although if I knew what I know now I would have done computer engineering.

>LMU Munich
like the uni, not particularly fond of the city

>Computer Science
took me a while to get here, but i'm happy with it now. started with physics, worked a lot on the side, decided i liked software a lot, haven't looked back.

pure edge

MSU
it's alright i suppose. i haven't taken classes at any other UNI, so idk how to compare it.
The grad students in the split level and grad level classes i'm taking are dumb as hell

Phys/Math
the physics undergrads are way cooler than the math ugs; but the math professors are better than the phys profs.
the course material itself for both is interesting and challenging.

>Monash University - Melbourne
Goes alright
>Mechanical Engineering
+1

>uni in canada
>its good I like it

>software eng
>its alright. Although I'd rather study math or physics, but at this point I'd rather just focus on getting good job and I can study math on my own if I want to

MTSU
meh, not very organized, but depends on course and the professor.
Chemistry
I like it.

>Uconn
Pretty nice school I guess
>Mechanical Engineering
We're being overran by Arabs and Indians. White people only go into political science and communications due to the SJW movement.

UF
Great

MechE
Great

Da schools good, eh?
Ive never lived anywhere that gets ton of snow, ya know? Must be a beauty!
Ive heard da canadians are real polite, but i seen a couple of boys get in a kerfufle over a 2-4 and a mickey. It was just a klick down the road from my hotel next to the tim hortons out there in vancouver.

>NC State
Huge school with lots of stuff to do and a really nice campus, especially the Engineering campus. [spoiler]Completely overrun by smelly Indians though. Seriously, being at this school has actually made me racist towards those curry-eating, unhygienic fucks.[/spoiler]

>Computer Science
No idea why it's in the Engineering program, but fits me cause I like software and can net me a job pretty easily

I envy you
FIU
eh
BME
meh

>>your school
Singularity University
>>what you think of it
They have a singular mindset.

>>your major/degree
Quantum Consciousness
>>what you think of it
We can move our brains into robots soon so pretty cool.

>not particularly fond of the city
how come?

>Durham University
Hate not having gone to Cambridge

>Math/Phys
Absolutely detest how physics is taught in the physics department, seems more like stamp collecting than problem solving; meanwhile, I love how it's taught in the maths department.

Don't be so salty, Durham is fun now that exams are over. Unless you found the work here way too easy, I doubt your life would be much different had you attended Cambridge

What does Michio Kaku have to do with a sexual fetish?
You're not making any sense.
youtube.com/watch?v=SE6jy78tV78

Buckland's schol for he brian harded
It is a smelly and poo.
I mayor an coulor in with craon
It fun! Butt (hahaha butt) I can nt druw in specisal jaket ;^^(

> University of Naples Federico II
Functionally a third world school, we don't even have heat or air conditioning. It's not a campus, so it's not impossible to have the same day two courses in the opposite side of city. But teachers are generally great.

> Robotic Engineering
The course is well structured (pre-structured)... I'm a little disappointed to study tons of math and physics and to have maybe four courses of mechanic and programming in three years (on a total of 25, I think)

>your school
Rhodes University (South Africa)

>what you think of it
It's a mix of post apartheid "revolutionaries" and people actually trying to improve things. Complete tumblr hugbox

>your major/degree
Bachelor of social sciences
Majoring in Geopolitics
No bully pls

>what you think of it
It's fun and interesting just a lot of writing, I wish I could do science but I my brain just isn't geared that way.

>average Veeky Forums poster

>Ohio State
It's alright. It's huge. There's quite a few homeless people in the area around campus. They really try to get everyone involved in everything.

>Mathematics - Applied Chemistry track
I think I should have done the finance track.

>University of Heidelberg
It's prestigious I guess, lots of modern stuff, it's okay although I would've preferred an average uni in an English-speaking country

>Medicine
Again, pretty modern and well-structured. Too many exams but I suppose it's inevitable

>your school
Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
>what you think of it
Bretty good
>your major/degree
Medicine
>what you think of it
So far, really easy

>Bachelor of social sciences
>Majoring in Geopolitics

The amount of respect I have for people like you is extremely little.

>my brain just isn't geared that way
>geared
It's wired you dipshit

> University at Buffalo
Big but cozy. Shitty buildings unless you're in math, CS, EE, CSE, or MD. Lots of Asians, Indians, and NYC fags.

> Math and Chemistry

Probably going to drop the chemistry part, I don't know yet. I want to go to med school instead of graduate school.

you must be a fucking delight to hang out with.

> UC berkeley
Everyone is either dumb or extremely leftist shills.
> Software engineering
Not to bad.

University of Essex
- The uni is so fucking left wing it's going back to the right. They've just introduced a pay increase just for female academic staff to counter the'wage gap'. The uni pays its employees, and it's illegal to pay someone more or less based on gender, but somehow there is a gender wage gap. The staff at my uni are fucking stupid. I also hate everyone on my course because they don't do the work and then complain that it's difficult.

Philosophy
-I do all the reading so it's not that hard. I enjoy the abstract shit we have to do, like Spinoza or levinas. The students are fucking stupid. Graduate teaching assistants aren't much better though. Most don't like talking with me because I have views they don't agree with. It's fun.

There's no software engineering major at Berkeley.
Fuck right off.

>University
University of Twente

>Major
Nanotechnology. Only institute in Europe to give this study next to Zurich

>lies about his major and college literally just to shit on made up liberals

how sad

That's a pretty great video, thanks. Can't believe I used to unironically read Maddox when I was in middle school, my god what a tool.

What is the difference between software engineering and CS?

Chem Fag here.

Not much, but no one calls CS at Berkeley "software engineering".

>WVU
Fucking terrible, no funding for literally any department but engineering. Everything is based around funneling graduates into dying Coal/Natural Gas industries to try to keep this god forsaken place from collapsing for a few more decades

>Mechanical Engineering
Currently despise it, should probably switch to math or physics before I succumb to my depression and kill myself from lack of satisfaction with my career prospects and life in general

who /chronicallylostanddepressed/ here

>electrical engineering
>poon

pick one m8

>Goethe University
Quite nice, sometimes a bit unorganised
>physics
Awesome

Party school!

How many panther girls you fucked yet? I got my dick wet a couple times.

At one party i got so wasted, i went to the panther hall dorm and pissed on someones door. One of the girls ratted me out like 45min later and one of the guys living there tried to fight me lol.

>Hunter College of the CUNY

Pretty dank considering it's hella cheap. Plenty of grills. Wish the grills in my major weren't so ugly, though.

>Physics

Pretty sick. Feels great being able to contribute to humanity while getting the same mental masturbatory pleasure that I would have gotten with a Math major. Also sometimes makes me feel like a wizard. Really hope I'm not the only one who thought that before.

you sound insufferable

>Carnegie Mellon
definitely a great place for my major and I made a lot of friends, and we just got a new gym, so I think its a great place.

>CS
I think this major is often just becoming a code monkey, but as a freshman we had a theoretical CS class and I loved it, and I definitely think that the theoretical side is really cool, especially at my uni

>University of Toronto
It is The Cuck Shed

>Philosophy of Science
Not bad, Hacking is here

when the containment board fails this happens :(

>your school
Univerity of South Carolina, Upstate
>what you think of it
Good community, decent facilities, fucking 0 administration; professors vary wildly in quality

>your old major/degree
Graphic Design
>what you think of it
Not for me. Sold as the 'practical artistic occupation,' and it indeed may be, but it's not worth my time since I don't enjoy it enough to validate the unstable employment situation coupled with it in most cases. The facilities at Upstate are blatantly some of the worst on campus; even the theatrical arts department (music & theater) gets better treatment. Additionally it's a prime example of what I said about the professors. Half of them are involved, pro-active, helpful, and self-sacrificing, and the other half are self-absorbed and short-sighted.

> your new University
Limestone College
> your new major
Computer Systems and Networking
> what you think of it
Haven't stated yet, but the fact that I went in to check up on my registration and financial aid and half of it was already done for me, exactly as requested, already puts it leagues over Upstate. I'm taking this degree after watching a friend who got from this college fall ass-first into a 40k annual job; 9-5, 5 days a week, weekends off, lots of holidays. If I'm even half as lucky I'll be more than content.

Good on you.

I know a dumbass who was lucky enough to even graduate graduate with a Comp. Sci. degree, 150k in debt, with a 2.1 GPA that turned down a 65k a year job in IT at a very stable company, that would help him pay down the debt, because he wants to move to silicon valley and "do a start up." Literally has no idea of a start up idea.

Some people I swear.

All my friends who studied finance at Fisher are doing pretty well now.

Yes, trapped in Chemistry. Please help, I hate everyone in the department expect the one P.Chem professor.

Changed to Math and never looked back.

My friend has dropped out of Oxford math to do startup despite him loving math more than anything and being good at it. Year later he hasn't achieved shit. I don't understand what makes people go chase startups recklessly. Is it the illusion of being the next Zuckerberg?

>Georgia Tech
Fine school, but Atlanta kind of blows. Non-engineering schools tend to feel like a second thought at times.

>math
I enjoyed it. Lots of great faculty in algebra who were incredibly helpful to me. I learned a lot of math very well. It's a small program, which was a plus to me. The math building is a piece of shit, however.

No such major as software engineering. Don't lie about Berkeley, faggot. Most of us hate SJWs here.

>Uconn
ayyy. I'm transferring into this program this fall as a junior undergrad

I literally only know of one start up that is successful, ChemE PhD graduate who got 22 publications in 3 years during his PhD. He's been working on this idea for a long ass time.

But ya, most start ups are just a meme.

>University of Copenhagen
Highly ranked public uni.. I like it.

>Biochem
Well acknowledged protein chemists here. Like that part

Already told him, oskibro

>>your school
St Cloud State University
>>what you think of it
It's pretty fun.
>>your major/degree
Biochemistry
>>what you think of it
Love it, but I hate that everyone assumes I want to be a pharmacist.

i thought cuny was yuck

What about Delft, or Regensburg, or Dresden?

>>your school
Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
>>what you think of it
Pretty good university by German standards. Informative lectures, nice professors, a lot of freedom for students to choose classes. I also highly appeciate the town. Not too big and not too small, generally I can feel safe here.

>>your major/degree
math MSc
>>what you think of it
I really like math. If I didn't, obviously I wouldn't study it. However I'm worried about the possible jobs I can get afterwards.

You could probably say the same with Cambridge students, but I feel like most here don't really care about maths, but more about just getting a degree, or at least the ones I've spoken to, and I have a feeling it is better at Cambridge. Also, the name of Durham is barely as prestigious.

Looking at academia or industry?

I don't know how it is in Germany, but here in the states, or at least in my area, statistics is pretty hot.

My friend does it and helps doctors design clinical trials and does the data analysis for them.

Thank god I didn't choose it then

I haven't decided yet. Laws in academia are weird in Germany. From what I heard, you're not allowed to stay at the same university where you finished your PhD. Employment contracts are also limited in time, so you have to switch to a different university every few years unless you become a professor. And if you don't become a professor within 6 years after your PhD, you are not allowed to work at any university in Germany at all anymore.

Industry on the other hand has the disadvantage that most likely your job won't contain any higher math. Certainly I agree with you on statistics being the most employable branch of math, but even in statistics most jobs in the industry merely ask you to apply the same models they've used for decades already. Positions in actual mathematical modelling seem to be extremely rare. Best I could hope for in industry would probably be something CS related (my minor subject).

Jesus fucking Christ get over yourself

if you think universities are places people go to "learn" as opposed to places people go to get employment certificates then you aren't as smart as you think

>as opposed to places people go to get employment certificates
That's not what they are, though, and the world would be a slightly better place if people would stop treating them this way.

>University of Oxford
Alright, I guess. Nice city, but a bit expensive.

>Chemistry
Hard but fun, I eventually came to like all three branches although the departmental teaching for inorganic is a bit of a mess. Had good tutors who were able to keep it challenging for me while accommodating my weaker collegemates.

Studying CS in TU munich, why don't you like the city? Living here all my live so don't be to harsh

Yes, you are right. I'm majoring in CS and my minor is in business. I do go to Berkeley though and I made a stupid post.

Ivory
Tower

Get your head out of your ass

>caring about knowledge makes you a socially isolated intellectual
Yeah, nah, you're just a loser, sorry, for those who aren't hopeless poorfags the idea that learning for the sake of expanding your mind has value is pretty fucking obvious.

>Binghamton University
It's ok. Not a good place for people with seasonal affective. Far too liberal for my tastes, but it's healthy to have opposing views around.

>Math
It's dank af desu. Only bad math professors ive had were from the Calc series, and that's most likely due to the spillover between other majors affecting the way the classes are taught.

Universities are literally places to learn. If you're going there to get an employment certificate, you are the base reason for skyrocketing costs of higher education.

>UC San Diego
Lots of lonely/depressed people but a great place for learning/research.

>Cognitive Science
Looks like I'm going to learn about a wide variety of cool stuff

I nearly decided to go to Binghamton

Where'd you go instead, if you don't mind me asking?

That man is based as fuck.

[spoiler]Weil ihr scheiss Bayern seid[/spoiler]

Graduated from NCSU. Glad to see another member of the Wolfpack here. I hear they made changes to CSC 333? What's the story around that class? When I took it it was a highly theoretical proof based course. Heard they went through phases of dumbing it down and other phases of turning it into a compilers course.

>TU Vienna
Pretty chill, don't particularly like the people there tho.

>Computer Science
Fits me just right, although I'm thinking of getting into physics.

Are the people there pretty smart?

I'm doing physics at Cambridge and now realizing that I'm really too dumb to do well here after working my ass off last year doing literally nothing but studying and getting a 2.1. I assume that any possible advantage that being at Cambridge might give me is dissolved by my mediocre grades.

I'm kind of in too deep to walk away now and I just want to hang myself. The workload is huge, the competition is tough, the exam stress is insane and I've never felt so insufficient in my life.

I wish I hadn't applied here, or that the application process would have weeded me out like the pleb I am because it would have been kinder in the long run.

You shuld kill yourself if you are ok with that

You probably should change your study methods

>I wish I hadn't applied here, or that the application process would have weeded me out like the pleb I am because it would have been kinder in the long run.
come to manchester senpai, cambridge is a meme school

i'm here and i'm smart.

but seriously though:
i only really have experience in the physics department. every undergrad who survives 3 semesters in the physics department is - in my opinion - spectacularly intelligent. all the people who graduated last semester and the semester before were among the smartest individuals i've met. there are two freshman here right now who are exceptional.

well, i have minimal experience with other departments and i can sum it up this way:
I feel like a retard in all of my physics classes, but i feel like the smartest person in the world whenever i take other classes

Come to America. No one here understands your weird bongland grading schemes but everyone will respect a degree from Cambridge.

>University of Iowa
Really fun. Drunk all the time.
>Electrical Engineering
Incredibly versatile, high salaries, not very challenging.

yeah for real Cambridge is held in high regard

>lousiana tech
meh, boring. there's a tall qt with incredible legs that dresses well that I see sometimes. Not many attractive girls. Not that that would matter anyway.

>math/engineering
considering switching to physics, but engineering is the least mediocre thing at the school. some decent faculty (especially in linear algebra and graph theory), but overall the school has a huge shortage of faculty. funding is bad, school almost shut down this year from the state of louisiana cutting off TOPS (a state grant program)

I want to go somewhere in Michigan (home state). I got in to UofM, but I got fucked over by my dad on the CSS/Profile. I'm going to reapply, this time hoping for an exemption from the non-custodial part of the CSS.

in every measurable way WVU is way better than la tech. Makes me feel bad. I need to just admit it to myself, my school is a joke.

: ^ )

>Tufts University
Love it, can be a bit overly PC but is great overall

>Astrophysics
I have to work hard but I love it.

I grew up in Lynchburg sorry man I understand what you're going through.

>your school
SMU
>what you think of it
pretty baller with rich parents and scholarship. has unique core classes requirements and culture is alright here. wish i joined a frat and majored in business

>your major/degree
Mechanical Engineering
>what you think of it
wish i majored in chemical engineering, to bad my school didnt offer it. i honestly dont get most of the shit.

louisiana here, what made you choose LA tech? I never really researched the schools but I thought LSU would be the best for those subjects

incoming freshman detected

im a poorfag from michigan and went there for the full ride.