Holy fuck. Physicist here...

Holy fuck. Physicist here. I've been trying to understand consciousness every day for years and last night I suddenly had a realization so profound I don't think there's a single human being on earth who's thought the same thing. I figured out the consequences this morning and they're fucking Ming boggling.

Other urls found in this thread:

scholarpedia.org/article/Models_of_consciousness
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The consequences were somethings I thought of several years ago, but thought it was too ridiculous to be true.

Can't wait to prove how full of shit and what a faggot I am.

topkek mate 10/10 thread

Well?

nice thread op

I can't spill the beans yet user

Nice thread, I'm sure nobody will sage this!

It'll pass when you get sober. Champagne + vodka is hell of a thing.

yes you can

user I'm not even sure you possess the mental capacity to understand my argument.
I've been accumulating the tools and assumptions necessary for this realization for years.
I'll admit most of them were made on LSD, but hey whatever works am I right?

go on, post an abstract

On the off chance I'm onto something new, you know the credit will go to the person who develops the theory the most in the shortest amount of time.

If I posted an abstract now I'd be up for a rat race to flesh out my own idea.

Then why did you post at all, Mr. Shitposter?

>Ming boggling
whose mings are you boggling?

Forgive me, I have a habit of getting excited whenever I think I might be onto a new principle of nature after several years of thought

are you sure that having your own ideas is compatible with your exciting new model?

Consciousness is time OP, we knooooow. Consciousness is our perception of the 4th dimension OP, we knooooow.

i sometimes get the feeling that I know and understand everything on acid

but it's just a feeling i don't really understand anything
nobody does

I'mma' throw some some guesses out here to see if I can hit what OP could be on to.
inb4
>"consciousness is any form of perpetuation within existence"
>"consciousness is the '3d/4d' expression of forms in n dimensions"
>"consciousness are recurring structures within the infinite universes which are fractaline in nature"
>"consciousness is the only force that exists"
>"LOL consciousness iz da stringz in string theory!!!XDXDXDDD so meymey desu!"
>"consciousness is just the name we gave the characteristic of machines reacting to their environment"

(You) didn't discover shit. Now go back to killing yourself.

Wow, someone's having a good acid trip. Been there, done that.

Cool discovery, user.

Will you bring that to the White House?

Are you literally retarded? How old are you 15?
The acid was a joke because I know no one is going to think the one guy who makes a grandiose claim is the one who isn't an idiot

Consciousness is a simulation of reality.

You have to be very undignified as a scientist to use this board
I didn't claim I came close to figuring out "what consciousness is."
Only a very bizarre suggestion made by logical deductions on what ISN'T necessary to predict the conscious experience generated in a brain.

I'm never coming back here again.
Sage

Dude.... WEEEEED

Whatever you've thought of is some philosophy bullshit you pass off as 'physics' just because hurr consciousness, you've done nothing but sit on your ass and mull over hypothetical situations, suicide highly recommended

Good job OP. I'm sure there's a top 5 philosophy department just waiting to throw a PhD at you once you write your amazing paper. :^)

Pertaining to being retarded: as the saying goes; when in Veeky Forums, do as the 4channers do.

Is it that physics is completely wrong

Can't wait to see your ViXra submission

user quit being a pussy. So what if someone developes the full theory before you. Its about getting the knowledge out not being a selfish faggot. Besides if you're half as good as you're pretending to be then you should be able to do it before anyone else. Especially if you came up with the idea

>I lack the faculties to produce an argument or contribute to the discussion so I'll just post meme images

you definitely proved to be a faggot already

I know what consciousness is, but it has nothing to do with physics

Your post boggled my ming

I give you two sentences

academia is garbage
it's full of pretentious shitposters such as OP, whether he be genuine or troll
everyone out to shovel their shit down others throats to make a name for themselves gain prestige, money etc
sincerity died long ago in academia

Consciousness is pretty well understood today if you read enough good texts on the subject. It's purely materialistic. On the other hand, you have nutjobs like Roger Penrose telling us it arises from quantum fluctuations. Being good at math does not make you a scientific genius. Often is the case where a mathematician will structure a theory around incorrect axioms and well the result is an interesting, yet profoundly incorrect idea.

scholarpedia.org/article/Models_of_consciousness

Your idea, whatever it is, is probably not new, but that doesn't really mean its less valuable in itself.

Also, I forgot to mention it, but I think dynamic core with thalamocortical rythms hits pretty close to my own pet theory. Cortex is for processing, thalamus provides resonance that integrates qualia from senses, hippocampus deals with memories.
As a sidenote, being fiercely protective of theories is a major sign of being a crackpot.

What discussion are you talking about? Do you mean a different thread?

Theories are born out of contrasting ideas and multiple interpretations. Your work will not be the same as someone else's even if they do "beat you to it". Besides if this revelation is so profound certainly you already have an overarching idea of the implications?

And how many times has it turned out to be correct?

Who is that cute man?

Consciousness is the projection of an unspecified amount of signals being uniformed into a sensual form.

nice bait thread

Any good texts you would recommend on this subject?

my ming is boggled

I had a pet theory that consciousness was alien to ourselves. Our physical beings are only vessels for our consciousness. And we have some kind of receiver in the frontal lobe, dunno.

Nevertheless, as someone who has studied physiology, I refuse to believe free will can be explained by action potentials, or sodium/potasium gradients.