Found this cicada almost totally dead (it's legs were just barely moving) and it had these weird growths coming out of...

Found this cicada almost totally dead (it's legs were just barely moving) and it had these weird growths coming out of it. At first I thought that it was partially crushed and that they were some of it's guts but after picking it up I found that wasn't the case. Is it a parasite? That weird zombie fungus?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464725302182.webm
youtu.be/XuKjBIBBAL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>There are people crazy enough to touch bugs

Absolutely disgusting. I have never voluntarily touched a bug because bugs are horrible.

Not exactly sure OP. You should try researching on what it is that you are speaking of.

t. Entomologist

Try giving us a closed look.

try poking the growth and see if it moves. it could be parasitic larvae

That was as close I could get with my cellphone camera until it got too blurry to make out what it was.

Ended up tossing it not too long after taking the photo, the cicada's legs just slowly moving were creeping me out too much to keep holding it for much longer.

Not really sure what that is, but based off of the protruding objects, it could just be larvae or maggots.

you're kidding right? cicadae are a great food product. I prefer mine fried. 2016 has been amazing.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464725302182.webm

Fucking hell.

Please kill yourself, for humanity.

Are you sure it wasn't just molting? All insects molt periodically where they shed their outer layer of their exoskeleton to be replaced with a fresh one. It does look a bit odd though, it could certainly be some kind of parasite, such as a fungus, worm, or another type of insect. Perhaps a bird or cat got to it and messed it up.

If everyone at insects we probably wouldn't have global warming. Fuck off with your superstition.

You have microscopic bugs all over your body including your eyelids that you will never be rid of. Sleep well tonight.

Oh fuck man, fuck off.

...Are you saying we should eat pathogens-riddled insects because some microscopic ones are living on our body ?
>If everyone at insects we probably wouldn't have global warming.
>Fuck off with your superstition.
Oh the irony. You truly are a nigger.

It could be fungus. That is known to grow out from dead ants.

Warning: disgusting. youtu.be/XuKjBIBBAL8

if everyone were dead there would be no global warming. do your part and kys.

>fungus that grows out of dead insects

Isn't that the plot for Nausicaa. OH SHIT IT'S HAPPENING!

it's a cordyceps, you fucking plebs

10/10

looks like a cicada penis

Its been squashed, those are its guts coming out

CORDYCEPS