Why do Americans think more fillings = better?

Why do Americans think more fillings = better?

Because it does

Are you supposed to eat that?

/brit/

>200% daily recommended sodium intake on one plate

Do Americans have dislocatable jaws?

>implying sodium is harmful unless you're already a fatass with dangerously clogged arteries

better than filling up on bread like some sort of poor

No, you fuck it

a sandwich is ment to be about the fillings, the bread is just a way to hold those fillings like a utensil. That's not to say the bread shouldn't be tasty and good, but a sandwich shouldn't just be an excuse to eat a loaf of bread like carb hungry europoors think.

Its obviously all the visual aspect, like a fucked up version of how the japanese like to present food.
With this kind of sammy most logical people:
>get extra bread slices
>take leftovers home
>are on vacation

Why not cut out the middleman and just bite into a freshly-opened packet of ham?

Seriously though, a sandwich is not about the fillings. It's about the bread + fillings, and how they go together. They certainly aren't supposed to provide a full meal's worth of protein

>full meal's worth of protein
>not full week's worth of protein
>get a load of this faggot

More stuffings=more value for money=more get fooled=getting fatter:repeat.

Display of opulence and largesse. America sees itself as the land of plenty. When immigrants come here their shit gets supersized both as a display of success and generosity to their guests. That's the way it is from the Jewish deli to the Greek diner to the Italian sub shop. Even the falafel joints and banh mi shops are doing the same thing.

As far as restaurants are concerned it's good business. Their food costs are not usually their biggest expenses, those are rent, set up costs and employee wages. So say your place is only going to move 200 sandwiches a day. At $4-$5 a sandwich you're not going to make that much money. But for a buck or two's worth of extra ingredients piled on there that sandwich can command $9-$12. Now you're making decent money, and a customer who might otherwise balk at spending that much will grant you that was a hell of a generous sandwich. So the price sensitive customer won't feel ripped off, and probably return even though it's more than they'd really like to spend.

We also have beautiful teeth

open-faced sandwiches are seriously underrated imo

sometimes i just remove the top from the sandwich or the bun from the burger

This kind of thinking goes back to the earliest restaurants in America, which were NYC steak and chop houses. In these places portions of meat were often served with slices of bread. The bread was rarely eaten, and in practice became a way of adding up the bill - the number of slices of bread in front of you showed how many portions of meat you'd eaten.

When the French bread craze hit at the end of the 19th Century it proved to be a great vehicle to hold a workingman's lunch. But the focus in America has never been on the bread itself. That's part of why it's so damned difficult to find good bread here. It's always been considered an accessory.

>Why do Americans think more fillings = better?
because if a little is good, more must be better, and too much is just about right.

>They certainly aren't supposed to provide a full meal's worth of protein

Lmao what the fugg
They are if they are a full meal
A sandwhich isnt a snack you fat sack of köttbullar

>They certainly aren't supposed to provide a full meal's worth of protein
what is a 'full meal's worth of proton'
5g? 25g? 50g?
You don't know shit.

#obsessed

Why is the rest of the world so obsessed with America and our food?

You have no idea what you're talking about

>obsessed

Americans always use this word but interest in America is more like having interest in a gruesome car crash that you drive past, or baiting the playground retard

We are not. Thats your obsessed thinking
Listen: you are not the center of the world, we frankly dont give a fuck what you eat and killing yourself.
Get over it.

because the rest of the world see it as disgusting, crass and uncultured behaviour.
We cannot believe the vile awful shit you eat so we have to ask you if it's actually true.

Americans are so insular and excluded from the rest of the world that they will not believe that we are all laughing at them. They insist on believing we are "obsessed" or in some way aspire to be like them.
Nothing could be further from the truth. It's like witnessing a car crash. You know it's awful, but you can't look away.

WEW

DEY MAD

we're not. we're amazed at how fat you are with your elasticated waisted pants/jeans. you have no self respect and are gluttons.

>disgusting, crass and uncultured behaviour.
You're not going to get a great deal of cultural refinement from the cuisine of a frontier nation that's only been in existence for a couple centuries.
>Americans are so insular and excluded from the rest of the world
It's a very large country with a lot of people. Outside of major cities it's not going to be very cosmopolitan.
>they will not believe that we are all laughing at them.
Until your security interests are threatened, then you expect our armed forces at the ready. If we didn't spend so much of our resources policing the world we could probably have nice things like a Canada or Australia level healthecare system by now. But we don't have that. We've got cheap food, movies, pop music, cars, guns and big screen TVs. So that's what we enjoy.

if i'm making a sandwich and it doesn't have at least 60g of protein then it doesn't meet my macros of a meal's protein.

and no, I don't want to fill up on bread like some low-T faggot or woman.

>defining your sexuality by food

Are Americans really this insecure?

And sandwiches are for snacks, not meals

>Are Americans really this insecure?
The kind of people who are concerned about "hitting their macros" are.

>defining sexuality
what? if you eat like a woman then you're probably a woman or a faggot (or a low-T male, which is basically a faggot)

>challenging your self and setting goals makes you insecure
good joke, chap

"we didn't spend so much of our resources policing the world we could probably have nice things like "

But you fail horribly.

>eat like a woman

See, only an American or an insecure teenager would think like that

>gainstard
>europeans
the battle for the biggest insecure faggot commences

I don't like in your progressive world where a woman who doesn't exercise and a weightlifter require the same amount of protein.

> refinement
is one thing. stuffing your face is quite another
> team america world police
doing a piss poor job of it m8, you should look towards finding gainful employment instead
> healthecare
socialized systems come out cheaper (and I mean like 5-10x cheaper). there is no excuse except stupidity

Look, if you're actually a bodybuilder, then I get why you'd need extra protein

If you're not though, then you don't need that much protein. Is everyone in America either absolutely shredded or a gigantic fatty?

most people in america are fat. there's a sizeable amount of people latching onto the fitness trend, but that excludes lifting weights. but there's a good amount of very fit and athletic people who are shredded.

>challenging your self and setting goals
I'm all for that. I too eat right and lift. But take it to a bodybuilder kind of mentality and it starts seeming a little like someone protesting too much, if you get my drift.

>stuffing your face
A giant sandwich is really the pedestrian version of a meal served over several courses - similar show of opulence.
>piss poor job
I would love to see us get out of that line of business.
>no excuse except stupidity
A stupid system, actually.

Is that an arbys meat mountain or a home made/assembled version?

Yes actually.

Drink some fucking water, wino

thats nothing theres this burger place that sells a "pastrami" sandwhich and its literall just a massive wad of pastrami in a deli bun

cost 7 dollars

>Is everyone in America either absolutely shredded or a gigantic fatty?

>yes.
You're not exactly wrong, it's just that the two properties aren't mutually exclusive.

No, it's more like you recognizing something as American, thus triggering you to find something wrong with it and being driven to tell someone, ANYONE, even a bunch of strangers on an (American) pakistani carpet-weaving forum how much you disapprove of said American thing.

Hate us cuz they aint us

I hate english because it was popularized by america.

>recognizing something as American, thus triggering you to find something wrong with it
It's npot that hard to see why some folks would have a massive chip on their shoulders about America and things American. We do a lot of disgusting shit, and we have an attitude about it because we don't really give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks.