Help with donuts?

me and my mom are making donuts for a party and the first batched turn out horrible. we followed the recipe and they still tasted really gross. wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/italian-doughnuts-recipe2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

here's what i can give you with the information given:

'Make them better'

but how? we made italian donuts
we used premade pizza dough and fried them on olive oil and then rolled them in sugar.

What recipe? What, exactly did you do? Define horrible (too sweet, too oily, what?)

You and your mom sound like a couple of grade A retards

they tasted really really bad. burnt tasting, but we didnt burn the oil or anything. foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/italian-doughnuts-recipe2.html this recipe

shut up idiot, we followed a recipe.

> premade pizza dough

Not that guy but fuck off.

>pizza dough
>olive oil

No fuck both of you. I am heartbroken that people would even think to call my mother a retard. It was a recipe with good reviews and for some reason it just didnt work.

Did you use half vegetable oil half olive oil?

From what you're saying either they cooked too long or the oil got scorched.

How do they make those prolapsed anus looking ones?

is virgin olive oil too much for this recipe?

>food network
theres your problem. literally meme recipes.

>pizza dough
>olive oil

Did you use extra virgin? Because that would be the icing on the shitcake or shitnut in this case.

Yes. Lower smoke point then the vegetable oil (canola oil, sunflower, peanut, whatever). If you used only olive oil it got scorched and that's the source of your burnt taste.

>pizza dough

huh

The people reviewing it well were perhaps retards.

You should try to use common sense when it comes to cooking.

You're making a sweet food item, and a recipe calls for an oil commonly used to cook savoury dishes, or used raw to dress bread to make it more flavourful, as well as a dough that, because it is premade, may contain savoury spices and whatnot, but thought to follow it anyway.

You were doomed from the start, and the people giving it positive reviews, as I said, might be retarded, or may have just been looking at that italian bitch's tits.

Try following a recipe that involves you making the dough from scratch.

yes i used extra virgin.
ah okay thank you. would peanut oil leave a weird taste too? which one would you recommend

For frying (in general), either canola or peanut oil. Canola is neutral.Peanut oil leaves a very faint sweet taste, so for sweet goods, it works (as long as you're not feeding them to someone with a peanut allergy).

For donuts in particular, if I bother deep frying them I do it in lard (you can buy the "tenderflake" yellow boxes. it's lard). Higher smoke point/harder to scorch and neutral taste.

why not make giant soft pretzels instead? Donuts are disgusting.

can't fool me OP

I've seen this thread before.

deep fry them