Can someone here redpill me on med school and medicine as a career?

Can someone here redpill me on med school and medicine as a career?

are you a jew?
if not, forget about it

Damnit, why do I need to be a Jew?

Neurologist here.

Firstly, are you sure you want to go into medicine? Because if you can see yourself going into ANY other field, do that. I love my job, but sometimes I do feel very lonely. Med school took away any social aspects of my life, including a long term relationship.

Med School: No life, shit pay. It's not like Grey's Anatomy where everybody fucks everybody.

Career: Ballin' money, buy 60 hour weeks and pay 1/3 of your salary to malpractice insurance.

>it's another "I like scrubs" guy

House got me to want to go into medicine.

House isn't a great representation of internal medicine, among other things.

God I can't imagine what its like having to cut away a part of the skull and NOT hit the brain

Really the only other thing I can see myself doing is writing which is also another "choose another field if you can see yourself doing something else" field. What are some personality traits a person would possess where you wouldn't recommend them going into medicine? Surgery specifically? And being lonely is something that I'm pretty used to anyway.
I hate scrubs and tv in general

my girlfriend is still a premed and we barely go out at all anymore. She still insists on seeing me as much as she can (which is mainly on weekends), but the relationship is kind of boring me. It doesn't help that I gave her the herp. She is stuck to me like glue, but what do I have to look forward to in the coming years?

Wait for her to start making good money. Have a kid, become a stay at home dad then divorce her and get them alimony bux.

At least if if you're in the US.

Finishing up my second year. So many fucking break ups here, man.

Yeah, it's rough.. I was pretty hurt by it but I got my shit back together a few days later because you know what? A girlfriend isn't something I was going to let get in the way of my life-long dream of becoming a doctor. I still do miss her though.

Advice for those younglings looking to go to med school: Don't expect the lavish [arty life like all the liberal arts kids will have. Don't expect your relationship to last unless you have very strong trust between you and your SO. Don't fall behind work.

And don't be "that one guy"..

I'm 32 years old and was a straight C student in college where I majored in chemistry. Is there any hope for me? Can I use ANYTHING from my shitty transcripts to save time?

no, it's too damn competitive. I'm sorry

Superb MCAT scores, community volunteer work, extracurricular stuff

Ive never volunteered anywhere or have ANY kind of experience. Im pretty sure it's totally hopeless for me but at this point if you had to give me advice, what would you suggest

you do realize EVERY applicant will have this right? Except, their grades will be perfect and their work/ECs would have been done far earlier.

you'd have to go back to school and retake/take more undergrad courses to bring up your gpa

combine this with everything else that is needed for med school, and at 32 you're pretty much over the hill man.

How much do you think you remember from those college courses you took a decade ago? Can you imagine taking the MCAT anytime soon?

I help my gf with her chemistry homework and it all comes back to me fairly easily. I am doing MCAT sample questions online and getting 80% of them correct. Is it possible I can pull this out of my ass and somehow get in a med school?

>that one guy
What's that, dropout?

I guys i dont live in the US but i was thinking about going to med school, im 23 years old, am i too old? In kinda insecure about this.

Go for it, user. The worst thing you can do is end up studying something you don't like. But be aware that if you don't finish med school you'll be fucked for life, medicine is a degree you have to finish for it to be useful, you can't work in a hospital as a dropout, other degrees give you more liberty with respect to that.

>want to go into pathology
>average student, work out and have hobbies, not going to whore myself out to look good on paper
>become paramedic
>use bio degree to license myself
>50k/yr and get to do fun shit

worth

Thanks, i will.

I have a 3.96 in Chem Eng (got an A-) at a decent 4 year.

Thing is, I was a transfer, and this was for my last two years.

On the other hand, I was at a CC for 3 years and I dicked around constantly, and ended up having like a 3.2 GPA. Hell, I even got fucking D in Chem 1, and retook it. Also, I took all my premed prereqs at the CC.

How fucked am I? Will the straight As in my last two years at a proper uni, in upper div Chem Eng and advanced Ochem/Pchem, Analysis, and PDES sway the opinion of med school recruiters? I'm just curious. I still most definitely want to work in ChemEng.