I have just found out a lot of the professors in my school paid indexed journals' staffs (including reviewers &...

I have just found out a lot of the professors in my school paid indexed journals' staffs (including reviewers & editors) so that they could publish their papers easier. It's not far-fetched to say that these journals pretty much belong to the school.
This is why my school has advanced in ranking so fast in the last 5 years.
Fuck academy. I know that there would be corruption in this shithole but I didn't know it could be THAT bad.

I live in Asia btw, I hope this is only an Asian thing.

(I made a thread a few days ago but I was drunk so everything I wrote turned out wrong).

No one give a shit about you chinks.

Which country?

Singapore.

What's wrong with paying for the staffs?
It's not like they get it for free. I don't understand what's wrong with this. I do it all the time.

Most universities do it.
It's a big scam.
Everyone knows it, and accepts it.
Just like botting in d2

oh wow a school/academia/organization in Asia ended being corrupt, what a mind-blowing revelation, this is truly unprecedented

>Just like botting in d2
Can't say it any better.

This is worse than before because people actually fell for it and thought that the school was the MIT of Asia.
But it's not. It's not like it was a bad school but overall they don't deserve the label they got.
Well whatever, not like you care because it's not where you went to.

Let me guess, NTU?

Just give in and sell your soul for papers. Your profs probably dont like it either but they did what they must.

>Your profs probably dont like it either

of course they did, their salary will probably be raised and their CV will look better and create more and better job opportunities

>money corrupts
you spent all those years at university and you only find that out now?
MUST be american.

>a lot of the professors in my school
>paid indexed journals' staffs
wat

This sort of thing is normal during the shift to a Capitalist society. You're supposed to inform the public via newspapers, etc.

Government has probably budgeted for it this

This, Singapore has spent a lot of money to improve its education system.
But along with getting better equipment and people, they also do this shit instead. Can't stop being Asians I guess.

>Disclose your school's corruption on the internet.
Have you no brain? If your school get shamed, your degree will be fucking worthless.
Fucking idiot.

Still better than a single state-controlled newspaper.

Why?

Doesn't your head get chopped off at the single sniff of corruption in Singapore?

>I hope this is only an Asian thing.
Well, mostly, but you find corruption everywhere, especially outside of Western countries (nigeria is one of the worst). The West might not have this kind of direct corruption, but what you'll often find is groups of academically inbred reseachers (across multiple institutions) who keep citing each other on really worthless subfields while barely making any real advancements. Journals accept all these papers because it boosts their own IF when you cite several of their own papers.

The real culprit is the shitty system based on raw publication output/h-indexes. There is a lot of pressure if you want to advance your career.

The system should incorporate some form of direct peer evaluation too to determine how much value an individual researcher is actually contributing.

Shitty journals and institutions should be blacklisted.

MIT isn't the MIT of America.

A lot of engineering departments at MIT are fucking garbage, they have a very good Aerospace department that's about it.

Lesson: Stop caring about fucking ratings.

Asian detected.

How about you develop some fucking integrity? This is why you'll always be an empty shell in the shadow of the superior white man, because you'd rather grab short term gains than preserve your very identity.

Soon even Africans will surpass you.