How many lemon batteries are necessary to create enough power to kill a man?

How many lemon batteries are necessary to create enough power to kill a man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jv5eQmmzp-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Real problem here.

Around 150

just beat him with a bag of lemons, you absolute idiot

Six are more than enough to kill anything that moves

Normal lemons or combustible lemons?

Bump, can someone answer/explain this please.

depends how it's applied.

best bet would be electricity applied internally to the heart. One of my profs claims a 9v battery wired directly to the heart is sufficient to kill.

If you put more effort into something the reward will be a lot tastier.

Normal.

one, just cram it into a man's eye socket

You can make batteries with potatoes too,
will they work for that as well?

I wasn't joking when I replied.
It takes about 200mA to kill a person (according to the first result on google) and an average lemon battery gives off ~1.3mA. So around 150

yes, it works everytime

For real?
I through it would take a lot more, like, a thousand or more.

Again, it depends where it's applied. I think that number is for directly to the heart so I'm not 100% sure.

It would make for a nice headline if you were to kill someone that way.

When life gives you lemons, you fucking kill someone

Sour day for your victim.

>Point one
A single lemon battery can kill a man if you have many many many anode/cathodes linked in series all stuck in a single lemon.

>Point two
Even a 9volt battery can kill a man if the electrical contacts pierce the skin. I'm not joking, don't experiment with this shit. IT WILL KILL YOU!

Bout 350

It is not the lemons that generate electricity, but the metal.

>it's not the care that drives, it's the gasoline.

It's not the gun that shoots, it's the bullet.

>Don't even trust yourself, not even your eyes since they're not real

>I'm not joking, don't experiment with this shit. IT WILL KILL YOU!
OKAY, okay woah no need yell man.

My point is that adding more, juicer lemons doesn't really increase current. More metal will, though.

Anyway I misread the OP. I thought he was asking how many lemons, that's it.

about 3 fiddy

power doesn't kill people, impedance kills people

that's like saying "falling doesn't kill you; it's the sudden stop at the end that does"

but that's true

really? I've been told that if you fell from high enough, you could die before you hit the ground just because you were moving too fast.

Or is that because you can't breathe while air is rushing past you at (fast) meters per second?

Did you travel in time from medieval period?

no
but i seem to have grossly misunderstood the term "terminal velocity"

kek'd out loud

They make pills for that now, no one dies any more from impedance

>Even a 9volt battery can kill a man if the electrical contacts pierce the skin. I'm not joking, don't experiment with this shit. IT WILL KILL YOU!
Tasers are soooo deadly.

>If you put more effort into something the reward will be a lot tastier.
im just a violent man

yep. they are actually.

This is why we need stricter lemon control laws. People shouldn't be able to buy deadly lemons without extensive background checks.

iirc it only takes something like 0.38amps to kill an elephant

now that's funny

5 and a potato

What a useless measurement and a shitty non-answer. utterly retarded...

1. Treating a lemon as a battery, figure out how to minimize the internal resistance of the lemon with placement of cathodes/annodes and whatever.
2. define "person," where are the terminals of the lemons connected? what is the resistance of this person? other electrical characteristics also play a role in this.
3. are you going to use external circuitry? by changing the voltage/current/waveform of your lemon power you can make more efficient use of lemons despite the inefficiency of your circuit. this requires you to model the electrical characteristics of the person you wish to kill.

To summarize, you will pretty much never be able to answer this question. Really the answer is probably less than 1 full lemon.

So if I were to replace the contacts with sturdier, pointy metal bits, that shit could actually be weaponized?

youtube.com/watch?v=jv5eQmmzp-A

Or you could add enough metal bits linked in series and turn it into an arc welder. COMBUSTIBLE LEMONS!

Either way you will be CHARGED with BATTERY.

I'm currently preparing a setting for a post-apocalyptic story, and I'm so gonna use this.

>mfw lemons grow in Florida

The great republic of Florida shall conquer the heart land with their fruit-powered artifacts!

Floridians would need to actually do something besides fuck/shoot their siblings and smoke meth first.

you only need ~50mA if you apply it as ~60Hz AC, that's why RCDs turn off your mains at 10-30mA.

depends how accurate you are. drop a few hundred from a low orbit flight and the body count will go up. Do the statistics after.

How many lemons do I need to power my computer for a month?

Brilliant.

Only 1.

The correct question here is, "how many lemon battery cells does it take to generate enough power to kill a man?" 1 lemon can be made to have a high number of battery cells. The next question, will the electric be applied externally or internally?

when life gives you lemons
attempt murder

A typical lemon battery generates 0.9V and 47 microamps. Chain enough together in series you can get significant voltage. Add more series lemons in parallel will add amps.

Figure out the power you need. Then P = IV, figure out an optimal voltage/amperage configuration.