I work for big booze in the marketing/sales/finance area, ask me anything

I work for big booze in the marketing/sales/finance area, ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yCrKjZrg-eA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is French vodka so heavily promoted when it's shit?
Why do so many French vodka brands try desperately to pass them selves off as Russian?
What's your favourite vodka, and is it part of your 'stable'?

What's your favorite vodka mixer?
Is there a particular food you like with vodka?
Have you ever tried a bullshot?
In your opinion, is potato vodka or grain vodka superior?

In my opinion, Russian Standard is one of the best vodkas at its price point. Grey Goose is just bad vodka in a fancy wrapper. Belvedere is okay but overrated. Finlandia is a bit wimpy. Absolut is an advertisement pretending to be a vodka. Smirnoff isn't worth the price when Russian Standard costs abut the same. Caravan, Eristoff, Ciroc, Balinoff and Poliakov are awful French vodkas.
Many French vodkas use grape alcohol which can cause hangovers as opposed to grain vodkas. Stay away from Ciroc, Idol, Swan's Neck etc.

Do you like vodka, OP? I like vodka. Let's talk about vodka!

Is expensive vodka really only expensive because of its label and image?

Southern Wine and Spirits?

I have noticed that you have already lobbied enough to be able to craft entire state's legislation regarding recreational cannabis. Are you limited to the distribution angle, or will you go into production as well?

Not OP but yes

youtu.be/yCrKjZrg-eA

Why are flavored vodkas universally terrible?

Because we need our shekels, user. It makes even more sense if French vodka is the only thing in the company's portfolio.
Once again, it boils down to marketing and forming an good brand image.
I don't really drink vodka, but I'm fond of Absolut Elix because it tastes oddly different for a vodka. The viscosity is higher, there's no burn, and there's notes of oak and its creamy despite it being grain based.

Russian vodkas are a fucking pain in my ass. I agree, Russian Standard is one of the best vodkas for its price. All of the brand you mentioned make the amount they do because of their marketing, simple as that. Using grape as a base is an abomination to vodka. Fun fact, there's a reason why companies don't go to the Russian market, they'll just get crushed by the Russian's love for cheap vodka. Sorry user, more of a whiskey guy myself.

Ginger beer, I'm mostly a mule guy when it comes to Vodka.
M8, when I drink vodka, I don't eat.
I've never tried one user, but I don't think I'd like it.
Grain vodka for me, all the way, fuck the Poles.

Most of the time yes, but I'd argue that there's still considerable resources being poured in when you get to the ultra premium level.

Nope, not in distribution

>M8, when I drink vodka, I don't eat.

Then you should give it a try. A smoking cold vodka paired up with oily food (smoked meats, pickled fish, caviar, sour cream), pickled food (capers, caperberries, pickled onions, cornichons) and served on flatbread, pumpernickel or crispbread with dill or caraway is awesome.

I'll talk to you about vodka!

Stoli was my first love, I loved how well rounded it was. For 20$ it seemed respectable enough. Honestly fuck Smirnoff and all the unwarranted hype it gets. Grey Goose is overhyped shit. Absolut is mediocre and overpriced.

I'm fond of Russian Standard as an easier to drink Stoli, but honestly Tito's is probably the best that I've had. Same price as Stoli, but next to no burn. Compared to trash like Popov, it's like drinking milk

Because they're aimed for degenerates who have no sense of taste. Mostly its marketed towards people who want to drink vodka straight but with a flavor, like a citrus one, which defeats the purpose of vodka imo.

Thanks user, I'll try it out!

Not OP but marketingfag anyway; yes. Invest in a Brita filter and just buy low-mid shelf vodka to get the most for your money.
They're made exclusively for people who don't really care about quality but rather just want to get drunk as painlessly as possible while also on a budget, ie; males in their early 20s and women in general, it might not be good but flavored vodka does get the job done pretty cheaply and without tasting like furniture varnish in ways similarly priced whiskey or rum would, especially given the flavoring covers up a lot of shittiness.

How do I get a job in big booze. I currently work in big auto but am much more passionate about booze.

when do you get to an age where you drink while eating fancy finger food.

I'm 22 turning 23 and I drink to get drunk and go to party and hit on pretty women, am i doing something wrong?

Top 5 cheapest and best alcohol out there?

What area in big auto? If you're in finance/sales/marketing, most of your skills are transferable because you're in a for profit industry. Just apply to big booze positions.

There's no specific age, user. I've helped get VPs laid on Thanksgiving in dive bars. It's all about your personality.

Russian Standard
Not fireball, never fireball

I'll be honest, I don't drink a lot of bottom shelf.
I'd personally recommend Tito's, Jameson Caskmates, Jameson Base, Altos, Patron as my go-tos. Sorry I couldn't be more help user.

Not who you replied to

But Evan Williams and sailor jerry is good for the price

WHEN WILL THE GUINNESS BE VEGETARIAN YOU CUNTS?!?!

(Apologies if you work for Heineken)

can i have 50 dollars?

I was in my late 20's when I realized there's a reason Slavs and Finns eat while they drink vodka. It moderates the alcohol absorption and keeps you in the game longer. Drinking on an empty stomach is for the young and silly.

>sailor jerry is good

Underage drinker detected.

What's the deal with absinthe? In North America there's no real reason for me to want to try it since the wurmwood isn't allowed

Whats your favorite single malt scotch?

what's your favorite gin?

Are there any good alcohol/cocktail youtube channels that I should subscribe to? Jamie Oliver's channel is just a collection of ads for Grey Goose and Bacardi.

protip: most wines you drink under $10 are not vegan/vegetarian if you mind things like egg whites/fish isinglass