Mining thread

What cards are guys using to mine? What program are u using?

Im running 6 1070s and NiceHash

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptonote.org/coins
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mining
you're not gonna make it.

>not mining
Are you even trying?

i was running nicehash on my 1080 before i got my $100 electric bill

Yeah faggot I made 40k last year from 4 480s and paid 1050 for my entire rig.

Mining what in particular if you don’t mind sharing

Oh but currently running

4 - 480s on ETH w/ i7 on SUMO
6 - 1060s on Nicehash w/ 1700x on Nicehash
1 - 1060 on Nicehash w/ Ryzen 1400 on SUMO & 22TB on Burst

Last year was just eth/dcr and I put it all in to ARK and then EOS

I think in total I mined 22 ETH and 11 Decred

I had a 380x as well that I burnt out

17 1080ti's mining BTCP
6 1050tis mining ETH

gtx1070

Damn those 1080tis, did you max out your breaker?

Personal investment or did you raise money? Nice set up.

20amp circuits, I am using 3

should be at least 1000w power supplies, undervolt to around 75-80% they pull around 750 watts for 5 cards

mining turtlecoin its a cryotonote algo, on my laptop gettin few k turtles a day. if they even go to 1 cent i win life!

100 sats seems unlikely, even bytecoin isnt at 100 sats and its been around for years

I'm really glad the Veeky Forums normies still aren't in the know about mining

I'll give you guys a hint.
RVN
Thank me in a year or two.

you silly knob. miningpoolhub and awesomemminer, profit switching will beat nicehash any day.

I just mine trtl on ny.minetrtl.us

could anyone recommend a mining pool. im building a rig and have an rx vega 56 (planning on getting more but wanted to make sure i had everything in order before going whole hog)

tell me a little more

2 RX 570 - mining ETH
2 HD 6950s - mining Xmr, Aeon, Sumo

yarr

How loud are those fans (delta I'm assuming)? 60 db?

Sumo:
1 Ryzen 7 1700
1 FX 8350
1 RX 580
1 7950

EXP:
1 RX 570
1 RX 580

Just switched those two cards off Sumo because I think Sumo is a longer play and I'll have time. Got two more cards coming tomorrow and then I can build a real rig.

What do you think about Sumo getting into $100-200 territory during the next bull run? Seems like they have a good team that gives a shit, so I'm optimistic.

200 E5-2680v2 CPUs
110-120 KH/s Monero
13KW

Nice setup, are you pointing any hashing power at less known cryptonight coins? And if you feel like sharing, how did you manage to get all those cpus?
I've been hunting for used servers but I rarely see any at good prices. Right now I'm looking opteron 62xx's because they seem to sell for less and 4 socket boards are pretty common.

>are you pointing any hashing power at less known cryptonight coins?

Nobody is going to tell you that, jeez user!

I know a coin that consistently does $2.60 - $3 per day, per 1Kh/s. No major pools, low difficulty. And it's rock bottom, with active devs, and'll almost certainly 10x at some point this year. I'm not going to so much as BREATHE the name, to fud or shill. DYOR.

All lazy anons who are just getting into mining, miningpoolhub+awesomeminer is the easiest setup that will return you almost exactly what the online calculators are estimating for your hardware. Start there

Is Bitocoin private worth mining?

fuck off. I'm still sick to my stomach for not mining ETH with my 980s when I first got them. I would be a fucking multimillionaire by now if I did

KYS KYS KYS KYS KYS

so is sumokoin the real deal?

give a single hint, 100-200 on cmc? 200-300? where on the list, you can be as vague as possible. I'm mining LUX right now with $2 daily profit

i think hes talking about sumokoin

thats gay as fuck im gonna keep mining lux

Made 0.1 BTC in a month mining trtl at z-pool.com. Got 3 1060s. Might change ti btcp to try it out.

How easy is it to start mining if I have no knowledge and no equipment?

Maybe you guys can give me some advice. I just got a brand new PC through my PhD stipend. It has an NVIDIA graphics card which I will actually need for the next 3 years in order to do my research. I realise it's a pretty OK graphics card and I could mine with it. My questions are
1. Will the university be able to tell I'm mining?
2. Will it break my computer?
3. What is the most profitable coin to mine? I was thinking of mining monero just because it seems cool

Thanks

1. who cares and no
2. probably not
3. whattomine.com

she takes he pic to the left of her serious, eating makes her happy!

Using a 580 and 560 to mine BTG. I can't bother getting rigs set up so I'll just poverty mine for awhile.

We don't know yet. Zpool is paying at a rate of 0.02 btc. If it ends up being not that profitable, I'm probably just going to sell my shit. Put together a rig with a bunch of 570s for 155 last May, mined several eth and now the cards are going for 320+ on eBay while the card efficiency has dropped

13 gtx 1070's on Nice hash . Am I doing it right ? Should switch to bitcoin private?

thanks

>measured in kH/s.

Probably Cryptonight coin.

zcoin

One of these: cryptonote.org/coins

Doubt it. Whattomine shows Sumocoin. Not that great.

what do you think it is then?

Any zcoin?

Does anyone use ETH OS? I’m thinkjng of installing it on all of my machines. Can you still cpu mine cryptonote with it?

I'm mining monero with a single GTX 970

And what is the result? Who pays your electricity bill?

I do 430hs only using the GPU, the Bill is not a problem

Eth, etn, btcp and siacoin with an a3
Stacked 30k since october with about 20k in hardware

Can someone recommend the best settings for MSI afterburner? Should I overclock?

Depends on gpu, algo and bios mod.
No such thing as a global overclock

nicehash, not worth it now

Ravencoin

>Nicehash
Kys piece of shit scum faggot

Shit user I get 300 hash on a 560 and 600 on a 580. And that's on factory clocks.

580s get 950

Mining coal with rune pic at dwarven mines.

Would Dual Titan X's be any good?

>1070

So You have 6 GTX 1070, and it's linked to what?

What's the total cost of this rig?

And what's the profit monthly/ how much X crypto You mine?

I'm thinking about starting to mine, and 6x1070 seems affordable. Is it worth it ?

hello fellow aeon miner. see you on the moon this winter user.

meant to tag this nibba

I've got 6 rigs on ethermine doing about 1 gh/s (one is down at the moment)

I don't have much time to put into it, but I'm thinking it may be more profitable to mine some shit coins. I was doing btcz last week because it was 30% more profitable than Eth, but then the difficulty skyrocketed and it went to shit. I don't have time to watch that shit.

Does miningpoolhub / awesome miner auto switch to best coins?

youre incredibly retarded. just use simple mining os faggot
nicehash is fucking gay just like you
also, only investing in 1080tis is the way to go normal fag

Nvidia is normie tier, miners buy amd and bios mod them to get 1000h/34mh out of 580s.
Dumb nigger

>580
How much profit can 5 of those provide monthly?

In a good month? 6x will land you 40-$50/day
Currently, about $20/day

i have a vega 56 any recommendations on what to mine outside of going to what to mine? was thinking nanopool and doing eth but its not a cryptonight

Only GPU? I use only GPU, msi gaming GTX 970, with xmr stack i get 430 h/s, how do i get more? The GPU stays at 65°

spoonfeed me this bios mod shit please. at least point me in a direction, very interested now

Just google amd bios mod, the first link should be a good website with green letters if I recall

do you guys think its a good idea to pull out $4k(70% of my portfolio) to buy a 6 Sapphire GPU rig?
I just want some passive income this trading crap is way too stressful

So what's needed on top of 6 of those cards?
That's profit after electricity costs or just income?
Also it's mining mainstream coins, or smaller ones?
Thanks for answer in advance, I'm new to mining thread, and 6 of those + additional hardware would be in my budget.

MiningPoolHub. No stupid bullshit, low fees, low payout minimums and they have a service to exchange whatever you are mining to whatever you want. I usually mine Zcash (or one of its forks) then exchange to BTC or ETH.

>I usually mine Zcash (or one of its forks) then exchange to BTC or ETH.

Dont you make the same amount either way?

i can keep what i mine though?

6 1060s and nicehash
While I make 30/hr as an electrical apprentice. Mining will be worth it a year from now, not meant to be a source of full income.

No. Sometimes it’s 50-100% more profitable to mine something else and exchange to ETH than if I just mined ETH.

Yeah, just don’t set up the fearure that sends your profits to an exchange or turn it off on the coins you want to keep.

sorry im a newb to this mining stuff but does it go straight to a wallet you specify or do you need to transfer it from one to another?

but you can only mine ETH with AMD right? What about recently introduced asic for ETH

you set up your own wallet for each coin if you just want to keep everything you mine. put your wallet address for each coin into your MPH account as your payment address for each coin, and configure an automatic payment amount. then you can just turn on your rigs and wait and coins will flow into your wallets over time.

Current setup at 2.53 mh/s cryptonight on CPUs. Adding 2.28 mh/s with GPUs and 3.27 mh/s on co-proccessor cards at end of the month for a total of ~8 mh/s.

>tfw my setup is ranked within top100 super computers in the world

>but you can only mine ETH with AMD right?
no, you can mine it with nvidia. its just that most nvidia cards are more efficient at equihash and other algos so you are usually more profitable mining something other than eth with nvidia. But some nvidia cards are most profitable with eth, for example 1050ti right now you are better off mining eth

Yep only the two cards running together they produce 9-915 hash per sec the 580 runs at 60 degrees and the 560 runs about 52 degrees but it's cold in the basement. How to get more you'll have to overclock or buy more cards.

beautiful. thanks for the help. if i may bug you once more, have you used other pools like nanopool?

The questions most of you guys are asking show you are far too retarded to ever mine. Since this is the case, go buy some GPU's asap, as they are over priced right now. After your retardation is proved to yourself, sell the gpu's for half what you paid. You musnt deviate from the biz way

>how did I manage to get all those cpus?
china,
but hey, if you can't grab for cheap(and cheap electricity cost), don't even think about cpu mining, especially those 62xx opterons, coz resell value is like garbage. Mining is great, but for workstation that's another story.

personally I'm currently mining 20% ETN and 80% Monero.

My pile of extra 6276s. Bought them from a UK based hardware recycler, $5 per cpu.

What boards are u running?

1. Yes
2. No
3. Changes frequently

HP Blades, BL465 G7 for the old setup. ($30 per blade, bought 2nd hand from US airforce).
6x Vegas + Asrock h110+ for GPU boxes.
Asrock phi 4x nodes for co-processor boxes.

Yo nigga come back, i still have some questions to you

i looked into it. apparently theres heaps of niggers selling bios mods for crypto. cant find a single bios mod for free. i think it might be a meme.