Who breadmaker here?

Who breadmaker here?
I've had pic related for about 8 years and it was sitting in the cupboard gathering dust so I took it out on the weekend and made 2 loaves of bread.

I used store bought multigrain bread mix, the first loaf was too big and dense but after adjusting the recipe the second one was much better. Still room for improvement though.

Share your tips and recipes pls. I don't want to keep buying store bought mix if I can make my own cheaper.

Oh I put 1tbsp chia seeds in both loaves just because I could.

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/beer-bread-73440
foodnetwork.com/recipes/beer-bread-recipe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unsoaked chia seeds expand and cause intestinal blockage which is a rather painful death

Rip in peace, OP

I use it to knead dough. I quickly remove the dough while it's in the process of being kneaded, with oiled hands (the machine pauses for a moment every minute, and that's when I strike), shape it with my hands, and plop it in an oiled and cornmeal sprinkled bread pan, where it rises for a couple hours (It's sourdough). This prevents the dough from sticking to the bread-machine pan, and reduces the overall mess.

I am a bread maker. We contract that into one word, though. B' 'aker. Baker. That's what I am.

My aunt bought me a bread maker for my birthday last year. She said I could either have the bread maker or £50. I chose the bread maker because I know she'd feel bad if I chose the money, and I really like my aunt so I don't want to hurt her feelings.

I've used the bread maker twice since then and not a day goes by when I don't think about what I could've done if I just took the money.

I sincerely hope you spent that fifty quid on bread and bread related products

No because I chose the bread maker, that was the whole point of the story.

I meant to say that should you have chosen the fifty smackers

Wow that thing works even after 8 years. They don't make too many things like that these days

>Share your tips
Use an oven. Bread makers don't get hot enough to bake a crust.

OP is 100% nub, 60% PR victim and 20% troll. And if those baker's percentages seem wrong to you then maybe you just don't know enough about baking yet.

Bread makers are huge appliances that cost way too much and never get used. Because anyone who spends even 15 minutes on Youtube to learn about baking has no use for those things. And anyone who doesn't have 15 minutes for research when their food is concerned also won't have the time to use any kitchen appliances.

i use a pretty all right bread maker, it isnt a regular occurence but i make dill bread with it

8/10 i like it

>the machine pauses for a moment every minute, and that's when I strike
why don't you wait until the kneading cycle is finished?

It's more fun pretending I'm Steve Irwin

I recently started using a food processor to knead the dough for me, makes it so much easier.

In terms of avoiding buying bread mixes, it's likely just some form of wholemeal wheat bread flour with some seeds. Look on the side of the packet of the mix that you like. Go to a store and by a big fucking bag of bread flour (white / brown / wholemeal / whatever you prefer) and the seeds and grains in the ready mix. Assemble it back home for about a quarter of the price.

>why don't you wait until the kneading cycle is finished?

My dough is wet, so if the machine kneads it too long, the dough absorbs too much water and the gluten develops too much, and the dough becomes a sticky monstrosity, think 'the blob.'

Wet dough is easier on the machine, and moist bread is better for freezing and toasting later.

Add fennel and caraway seeds to your bread. It will blow your mind. It blew mine.

How?

>got bread maker as a present
>dunno how to bake bread
>came here for recipe for a good bread
>didnt find any
wtf /ck, pls, share Your tips and tricks for tasty piece of baked wholegrain shit, which when I taste I will not want to eat anything else in my whole feckin' life.
Here is Stewie Griffin with chef hat for You.

OP here, I'm disappointed too. Nobody has contributed anything.

I haven't got much since I've only used store bought bread mix so far.

Beer bread

Recipe pls

just add a 340ml lager to your recipe

>Beer bread
food.com/recipe/beer-bread-73440
foodnetwork.com/recipes/beer-bread-recipe.html

send pics of your beer bread OP

I haven't made it yet, these chumps above me just suggested I replace water with beer

Should I trust them?

Howdy. here.
I wasn't joking when I said I was a baker, so I can actually help you.

What they're saying is partially true.

Only partially because for one, beer bread is not made with yeast, it's made with bicarb.
>b-but beer has yeast
Barely. The actual yeast content of a bottle, canned or even draught beer is negligible. The leavening for beer bread comes from chemical leavening (the chemical reaction between the bicarb and the acidity of the beer, which averages a pH of 4.0). The carbonation of the beer also helps that.
As for swapping in beer for water in a yeast risen bread recipe, I don't exactly see why not except for one issue: water is water and beer, on the other hand, is beer. Beer is only 92% water. There are other things in it besides just water so you may have to increase the amount of liquid just slightly.

So while it is indeed doable, I can't speak as to the flavour beer in place of water in a yeast-risen bread recipe would produce.