BEWARE OF BINANCE SCAM!

BEWARE OF BINANCE SCAM!

I had a thread earlier that I thought was due to user error. Basically I sent some ETH to my binance wallet and after I sent the transaction, the wallet I sent to changed and added two zero's after the check sum, while removing the last two digits of the wallet. I figured it was purely coincidental that there was a duplicate wallet to mine, but with zero's at the front of the wallet number. Turns out this is not the case. I took the wallet number of another binance account and removed the last two digits then added two zero's to the beginning of the wallet number and guess what? That wallet number was also valid. I am fully convinced that Binance has alternates to everyones wallets containing zero's at the beginning where users funds are redirected to, never reaching their actual wallet number.

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/3542/how-are-ethereum-addresses-generated
etherscan.io/address/0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/760/how-is-the-address-of-an-ethereum-contract-computed/761#761
medium.com/bitclave/how-we-sent-eth-to-the-wrong-address-and-successfully-recovered-them-2fc18e09d8f6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its an open secret the employees at binance have full access to all the accounts.
they dont take too much at once so as to not create panic, so its still the best exchange, the odds of your money being taken are still quite low

uwotm8?

Take your Binance ETH wallet number. Remove last two numbers and place two 0's after check sum. Send 2 pennies. There is an alternate for everyones wallet where they redirect funds and claim them lost.

??????????????????????????????????????

what is a checksum?

That's amazing that they can get the private key to a wallet generated in such a way, considering ETH addresses are hashes (Keccak-256 hashes, to be exact).

I need Binance to use their quantum computer to get me the private key for this ETH address:
0xfeeddeadbeefbabe69d00db00bb00bb00bb00b69

Masterful bait.
I concede

Maybe I'm using the wrong word, but the 0x at the beginning of the wallet address.

So if your wallet number is 0x1234567890, there is an alternate wallet that is 0x0012345678

Have you always been this dumb?

> also valid
What are you using to test if an address is valid?
Just entering it into etherscan?

Because this address is valid also:
0xb00b69b00b69b00b69b00b69b00b69b00b69b00b
But not like anyone controls that address or can get the funds out of there.

Seriously, just get 40 characters, composed of 0-9 or a-f, add an 0x before it, and it's a "valid" ETH address.

No, I sent a couple cents to a friends account with the same method and the transaction completed and was confirmed. You guys can talk all the shit you want but don't you think it's strange that Binance accounts have identical addresses but with 2 zeros at the beginning?

There are 100 more likely explanations than a Binance scam. They are making a killing of fees, why would they bother stealing a couple of ETH here and there risking people abandoning the exchange? Incompetence from the user or Binance developers is way more likely.

Talk shit?
I have coding experience in cryptography, and let me tell you, if you can reverse a Keccak-256/SHA-3 hash, in order to get the private key, I will pay you a million dollars.

Because that means you can control any existing ETH address.

Send a couple of cents here:
0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
And it will be "transaction completed and confirmed", that's a "valid" address. But no one can get the money out of there.

Eh, this is probably just "bait", never understood the point of these threads. I personally would never get any satisfaction from doing this.

Yeah I must have accidentally added two zeros to my transaction, as well as forgot to type the last two numbers of the wallet. I would take the blame on one or two typos. Four though? Not likely.

Yep, either dumb as fuck or trolling.

Well maybe your who I need to talk to then. If there is no owner of a wallet, and it's just a random string of numbers, that bullshit wallet wouldn't have any private keys, correct?

Private key -> Public Key -> (keccak-256 hash) -> 40 hex digits (your ETH address)

ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/3542/how-are-ethereum-addresses-generated

Any combination of 40 hex digits is considered a "valid" wallet. But you can't take the funds out of a wallet unless you have the private keys that lead to those 40 hex digits.

For example:
etherscan.io/address/0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
As you can see, this address has 6 million dollars worth of ETH, that no one can ever take out again (unless you can figure out a private key that will correspond to the address 0x0000...40 zeroes).

Or you are using a website/program that cuts off all excess characters over 42 characters (0x then 40 characters).

You accidentally typed in two zeros, and the last two characters were automatically removed by said program.

Can you look at these two articles and tell me what you think? ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/760/how-is-the-address-of-an-ethereum-contract-computed/761#761

medium.com/bitclave/how-we-sent-eth-to-the-wrong-address-and-successfully-recovered-them-2fc18e09d8f6

I am trying to recover a small amount of lost funds. This is the only hope I have.

No, I tried to do that with the two characters in place on the end and it gave me an error for invalid address. I'm 100% certain that I didn't make that many typos

> 2nd article
He accidentally sent funds to a testnet smart contract address. They recovered it by deploying a smart contract to the same address in mainnet (by finding the nonce number), and the contract would recover the funds.

Not applicable at all to a manually edited address, sorry.