I never understood why humans die after facing psychological stress (tragedy...

I never understood why humans die after facing psychological stress (tragedy, life events) you'd think the whole "good vibes" is a bunch of hokey since the human body is a well oiled machine

The brain is part of the human body.

So you're saying the brain is actively sabotaging the body?

It's more like the brain reacts negatively and in turn the rest of the body reacts negatively

how exactly ? it controls muscles via electrical signals but I think thats about it. It's not like you can control your organs and digestion and healing and shit.

Doesn't that validate the "good vibes" pseudoscience?

What? Of course it controls all of those things, via hormones and the para/sympathetic nervous system.

The human mind is not independent from the body. Psychological stress is always accompanied by bodily reactions, e.g. changes in hormone levels, different muscle tension, altered sleeping patterns, dysfunctions in pain perception. I can use myself as an example here. My gf broke up with me two days ago and this caused me to experience such extreme psychological distress that I haven't been able to eat anything since that day. I feel like I'm ready to die now.

You can't consciously control some things but your brain does still control it

And when it gets stressed by something it controls those things less well and can cascade into death depending on the circumstances

Sort of but only because we can't explain every single little detail of the brain and how it controls bodily function. When we figure out how it really works we can probably explain why good feels do good things and bad feels do bad things

Psychiatry is mostly pseudoscience too desu. The monoamine theory of depression has major problems but those drugs still work. We just don't really know how

I can give you one example. For instance, the hypothalamus is part of the limbic system and also plays a role in the endocrine system. With emotional stress or psychological stress often the hypothalamus ability to release hormones is affected in i guess a negative way? But with that being said, you can see how emotional stress can sort of put the endocrine system out of balance.

But that's just one example. But I'm sure other things are involved as well.

I have family members who soon died after their spouses died. The issue was their cause of death was unrelated to emotional/psychological issues (heart attack, stoke, sudden high blood pressure)

My question is, was all these issues caused by grief? Or it was it all coincidence ?

>I never understood why

Good for you. Why did you make a thread about that?

im not understanding exactly what you wrote. But are you saying they died of heart attack, stroke, and high blood pressure?

As i stated before, the hypothalamus is part of the limbic system. One hormone that the hypothalamus regulates is Anti dieuretic hormone. Anti diuretic hormone plays a key role in maintaining blood volume which directly correlates to blood pressure. Basically what i'm saying is that the high blood pressure might have resulted from a hormone imbalance that the hypothalamus is known to release.

Look up Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy (broken heart syndrome), always found it to be lovely

Interesting. And all this time I thought new age bullshit therapy was quackery

I meant if their death so soon after their spouse death was coincidental, or they just suddenly developed these illnesses right after their grief

>human body is a well oiled machine
lol no, its an evolved piece of meat that works good enough to live long enough to reproduce.

Logic is a learned skill, not an innate property of the mind.

The brain is not perfect and can kill the body wile trying to save it.

If you have very high fever it is your brain increasing your body temperature to kill the whatever things have infected you, but this can lead to your death.

It is similar with psychological on a very basic level stress means that your brain produces chemicals that e.g. increase your heart rate this is a very important survival mechanism but when your body is already weak and your heart cant keep up it will and can fail which will probably result in your death.

The body is not a well oiled machine it is a thrown together mess that tries its best to survive.

Also regarding the "good vibes" positive feelings can have a positive effect on your body if you feel very relaxed your brain has sent chemicals to your heart to signal it hasnt work so much that means that your blood pressure is decreased which has a very positive effect if your blood pressure is usually high.

You can easily verify this by measuring your pulse after running a mile and after you have relaxed for an hour.

stay strong user ;_;

Sorry user.

anytime you feel pain is because your brain is sending an electrical pulse to the affected area.

the brain handles stress with the use of neurotransmitters which stimulates your nervous system. for instances, endorphins stop digestion as a redirection of energy so you'll have all of your energy available in your flight or fight response. imagine being in this state constantly (not necessarily with endorphins) and the wear that it would put on your organs. blood pressure builds in the body and can (in excess) do significant damage to the heart.

you deserve to die you weak piece of shit.
im gald your pitiful mortal emotions have such a strong grip and influence on you. maybe one day you will find out how useless they really are

the fight or flight mechanism influences heart rate and blood pressure, it can have an adverse effect on health if there are other problems with the body

Go be dumb and edgy somewhere else.