Popular food you can't even force yourself to like

I wonder if anyone actually likes pickles or if it's just a meme food.

They're delicious.

I used to hate them, but then I turned 13.

I gave it an honest go a few years ago. Ate a perfect bread and butter pickle. It just wasn't good. It's like, well, eating a cucumber soaked in vinegar, and I only like vinegar in my eggs and on potatoes and leaves.

Liking them for a year doesn't make you an expert on them.

get destroyed

but yeah pickles are pretty not bad

Horseradish and stuffed grape leaves are worse but I can't think of much else besides dog shit and bleach.

Thanks, man. I couldn't figure out how to break the monotony of honey sweetened bread and spices as a go-to meal.

I'll eat a pickle with some shit i figure out and beans.

Hey great idea, ill add grapeseed oil and horseradish/mustard, thanks, man.

Bananas
I love pickles

>interesting...like spinach leaves

>ill add grapeseed oil and horseradish/mustard, thanks, man.

Ree why not add chardonnay sriracha and crushed wolf spiders while you're at it?

Coffee. I tried, but I just can't into coffee. To my taste buds, it tastes like dirt and burnt wood mixed in hot water. And people tell me "oh you just gotta try real coffee from a proper cafe", but it's the same for me. Best I can do is mix a heap of sugar in it, but then it just tastes like sweet dirty burnt wood hot water.

I have never liked avacado

if it comes on a sandwich I'm not a priss who'll send it back or something but I would never place it on my own sandwich

It does taste like burnt dirt and wood, if you don't like that you don't like coffee. I drink coffee when I remember to drink it but for the most part I like adderall.

Avocado goes on a hot pineapple and teriyaki soy sauce marinated burger with a thin slice of jersey tomato and vidalia. Dry mustard mixed in with the special sauce. On a yam roll.

If you can make a better burger let me know.

Sure. Lettuce, onion, tomato and mayo you faggot

Avocado to me is firmly mediocre. If its part of a dish, sure I'll eat it. Guac is fine too and if its there I'll eat it.

But it is definitely not worth this weird premium that so many restaurants think it is. Avocados on a regular hamburger doesn't magically make the burger two dollars better, Guac is never worth paying extra for, etc

Have you tried consuming pickles other then through your mouth?

Chicken nuggets, chicken on pizza, chicken salads, chicken sausage, chicken pasta - I love me some roast, grilled and fried chicken, but I don't ever need to eat it in dishes that show it off as less than amazing.

Bologna. I'll eat liverwurst, head cheese, bull's testicles, just about anything most people turn their heads at, but I just can't do bologna. Something about that particular combination of spices and texture turns my stomach.

I'm not a big fan of ketchup either, unless it's mixed into a sauce.

Bread.

I'll eat a little warm fresh bread, I'll do the occasional piece of filler bread at a restaurant to sop up some delicious sauce, but I don't do it. I don't make sandwhiches, I don't make french toast, I don't toast a piece to sit under my poached eggs, I don't dip it in french onion soup or beef stew.

Most bread is bland. I used to like this asiago focaccia for making sandwhiches and I'll get my Jimmy John's with bread. But I don't buy it, I don't keep it in the kitchen, and I avoid it when I can.

Also doesn't help that it never feels good to my digestive system.

not sure how many people here like cucumber, but everyone around me can somehow deal with that stuff

Olives, Avocado, Cilantro/Coriander, Mustard

I genuinely like almost everything and it actually kind of bothers me that there are foods out there that I DON'T like, because it kind of irritates me that I COULD be eating something enjoyable but I'm not because it's got sliced olives in it or some shit. Oh well.

That's a much healthier attitude than bitching about everything and making sure everyone always has to hear you bitching about the foods you "can't eat." And at least it's relatively easy to work around your list, unless you're Puerto Rican or something. Pretty much every Puerto Rican meal involves the first three ingredients there.

Marshmallows. I'm not a huge sweet / candy eater but I generally enjoy most kinds when I do eat them. I absolutely cannot do marshmallows though, I don't even like fire roasted marshmallows or s'mores.

Strawberries. Not sure why but the flavor of a strawberry makes me gag. I like most other fruits and berries but have never been able to eat strawberries.

Chicken and anything chicken flavoured.
Will eat if given to me but would avoid if could. Would even just pick the vegetarian option to avoid it

Sushi.
Absolutely disgusting.
Except for the rice things with the black shit around them. Those are okay

Peanut butter. No reeces pieces no pbj.

Strange considering I like peanuts.

I literally think I like coffee because of my addictive personality

Working my first job at McDonalds I tried half hot chocolate, icecream, everything to make it good.
But I just couldn't like it.

Then I got into construction. Double doubles every morning. Now double double tastes like fucking candy I drink it with a little milk at home.

Horseradish and stuffed grape leaves are delicious you fucking child.

Fucking olives. I cant stand them

>tfw after years of gradually trying them you are finally learning to enjoy olives
I've always considered my aversion to olives a weakness because they are in so many good foods, so I worked on it. I started with tapenades that were combined with other things and slowly moved on to where I can eat one by itself. People who dislike something then act like the food is the problem and not their palate truly sicken me.

Anything smothered in fine sugar/flour. The chalky mouthfeel sets me right on edge, which is a shame because I love the taste of Turkish Delight.

I wish I could love these but my mouth literally curls the moment they entery mouth.

Also for pickle haters out there: buy brine ones from a Mediterranean store, they're so much better than vinegar

Peppers and Beans.

Peppers I had a bad experience with them involving projectile vomit.

I'm fine with green beans raw, but cooked or brown or can beans or whatever the fuck they are are gag reflex inducing.

I'm on the avocado train. I'll for sure eat them on something or definitely enjoy some guac from time to time but I don't go out and buy them.

That said, I can't stand ketchup. It grosses me out to think it's just basically tomato jelly. I like tomatoes though. I just think ketchup is a shitty condiment.

Also, sriracha. It's okay on some foods but I absolutely hate the leddit sriracha on everything meme.

>the rice things with the black shit around them

Shrimp

i hate the little fuckers

any crustecan or molluscs really

unless its made into a soup or chowder or ground up in some way so i dont have to chew the dense fuckers

crayfish and lobster i can eat but only the claws

fucking rekt.

Speaking of pickles, gerkins/sweet pickles are terrible and are only suitable for relish. Deli pickles are fantastic though.

I can stand anything sour-apple flavored.

raw tomatoes are always shit, especially cherry tomatoes. They are on everything too so peeling them out of your sandwiches and salads always leaves behind gross little tomato boogers.

Try growing them at home. Completely different taste. They are the superior fruit when homegrown.

yesss. If there was one thing my Ex gf was good for, it was encouraging me to grow a garden. I have Stockpiles of fruits and vegetables now.

Tomatoes are one of my favorite foods when prepared but raw they are nasty. I've heard to put some sugar or salt on them and eat them raw but something about the mix of slimy and kinda crumbly texture is gnarly to me. I guess I can sympathiz with people who don't like mushrooms in the same way.

Not with people who say they don't like onions though, fuck them.

although not exactly "raw" caprese salad is super fucking good. not a huge tomato fan but i could eat this shit every day.

My daughter must loves these everytime I buy them she runs off with a few to her room every friday I can't stand em but she begs me to buy them every week

Tomatoes.
I actually try to like them every now and then. And if they are kinda hidden in stuff I can enjoy them. And hell, I love spaghetti sauce.

It is exactly raw and is delicious

i meant raw more in the sense that you're just eating a plain tomato (like the other user said he hated cherry tomatoes)

but yes i agree, so fucking good

onion