Are French people actually good bakers or are they just memers in over their heads?

Are French people actually good bakers or are they just memers in over their heads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JfkDzXuWhkk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the fancy stuff is honestly just as good as the medium tier stuff
there are no real special ingredients and the most that a baker could do is be more precise in everything

French people aren't magical, but they do have good food. Here's why.

>1. Fresh Ingredients

France, especially central and southern France, is a breadbasket. This is one of the reasons France was historically so militarily and economically powerful. They produce a lot of high quality produce and grains (their beef is kind of shit these days, shh don't tell them)

>2. Basic Technique

Most modern kitchen are based on a French organization model, which itself was based on a military model. It has a clear chain of command, rules for prep and storage, and in general organization. While this is almost universal now and the French are by no means magically better at this than everyone else, they did invent it as well as many of the rules around dinner services so they historically are seen as being fine culinarians.

>3. Simplicity

Though the French are famous for their complex gastronomy, that stuff was mostly invented to amuse and feed bored nobles and rich people back in 'The Day'. 'Real' salt of the earth french cooking is incredibly simplistic and relies primarily on the quality of ingredients, in the same was as rustic Italian food does. The more they fucking faff about with it the worse it gets. This is why French Bakery's, Bistro's, Gastro-Pubs, and roadside places are so good and 3 star + restaurants are fucking memes

tl;dr Yes, French are good bakers

Yeah

I once spent a day baking bread - rosemary garlic - to impress a French girl at uni. While I didn't get in her pants, she loved the bread. when I offered her some she was hesitant at first but on her first bite she lit up and her exact words were "wow! this tastes like real bread!" in her cute french accent. I will always remember the day I made a cute french girl blush over my home made fresh baked bread.

Wow

I'd say yes.
I moved a lot and no matter where I go I find the bread to be bland and with a mediocre texture.
I'm actually in Glasgow and can't wait to be back in France to get some real baguette. (not even memeing)

This, along with the fact the French have pretty high standards. They're like the Italians in that they'll be talking about their dinner plans over lunch. They put a lot of thought and energy into what they eat, and expect it to be good. Settling for anything less would be unacceptable.

Many French bakeries do two runs of bread just to assure the bread you buy for dinner is just as fresh as what you bought for breakfast. They're not fucking around.

Get it playa

>memers in over their heads

can't stop laughing

youtube.com/watch?v=JfkDzXuWhkk

Are there still French people in France?

Frenchfag here, we don't necessarily have the best bakers but we have a lot of them and been doing it for a long ducking time, so they mostly know what they're doing.

i am fairly confident that there are french people who are terrible at baking

i am also fairly confident that there are french people who are masters at baking

go away you loser

This is pretty much my exact experience in Paris except I didn't go looking for Japanese places.

they are decent
but for me, no nations baking tradition comes close to the german one.
so many different styles and great variety of wholemeal and sourdough breads.

>in over their heads
not
>in over their breads
One job OP

>makes burnt bread and covers it in flour
>good baker

Pick one

>are they just memers in over their heads

i am howling with laughter

>i don't know shit about bread

Cancer posters like this are the reason Veeky Forums is getting deleted.

This, very much.

They're excellent bakers. I don't think there is any bad food in France. Even cheap street food is astonishing.

>memers in over their heads

Holy fucking kek

We don't really have french street food, sadly, these days it's all kebabs, pizzas, bagels, etc (but mostly kebab, sadly)