/smg/ - Stock Market General

Value stocks only Edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TfqdaAGqmSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kek, I work at GE, gonna print that shit out and post it on the wall

First for heart.

So, what are today's meme stocks? I've got some cash to spend

>Herpshire Derpaway
Keep the quality memes coming, OP. Here's a bump to keep the thread warm while the lazy NEETs wake up.

NAK attack today

DRYS

thx
you guys deserve the best

Bought Nokia stock yesterday. Toughts?
Also bought snap 18.25, some days ago.

All green today

I work next to a GE manufacturing plant kek. Of course it's sinking

Morning all. Remember the Alamo!

May be the former STM engineer speaking, but I wouldn't trust Nokia.

He asked for today’s memes, not the all time favorites

TWTR WILL HIT 50 BY SUMMER

SCREENCAP THIS

What is STM eng.?

Why did you buy Nokia ? Has this company find a source of growth ?

For example it decided to stop making their shitty phones, sold the plants and IP to the chinks or the curry niggers and use the proceeds to make salmon farm

Son of a bitch I sold my VTGN too fucking early.

2-5 year the whole sector is going to win big

It is alr8 m8
Nobody has gone bankrupt by selling too soon
It recently happened to me with XON. Monday it soared 25% and I sold at only +9%

Time to buy more BPMX

gents... do i dump KTOS today do gain 50 percent liquid for my buys today or do i play the patience game and keep believing the 15 dream?

MU... fake float or start of something real?

That shit is going to be like $10, I just thought I could take some profit and get back in cheaper. I would still buy this shit at this price for a longer term hold.

THE MOON MISSION HAS STARTED FOR SUNRUN.

Netflix will reach all time highs every day for the rest of time, until heat death. All in.

Morning all. Ready to throw 100 bucks at a meme and stay in the green

Should I increase my $820k spx long to $1.1mn?

short volatility or short gold for the rest of the week.

whys it green today? is it a sign?

You really think it’s gonna go up still?

Did you buy the dip?

Pro-tip: you still can.

STM is a company that was heavily engaged with nokia in the early 10s, when they started to fuck everything up.

Nowadays Nokia is a fabless on consumer electronics, but still do correct network tech. They are still competing for 5G tech.

SYF

GE is a good short when it goes above 15

What are you shorting this week?

Just felt like a matcha latte this morning. And good vibes on the color

Im in

Volatility and bonds. I just assume the run on gold we saw the past few days will eventually pull back down. Now that I see that I'm actually saying shorting gold is a stupid idea at the moment, but there's going to be a red day for gold soon.

Today is looking hot

NOOOO user. I said it already started.

You're late.

Guys get in NVCN, good profit today!

Alright, let's run.

>tfw two days in a row green

within week they're expected at announce phase 2 trials or w.e. It's hit or miss, but I think they're good to go

I know, I'm a degenerate earnings gambler, and I like what I see. RUN has 82% institutional ownership.

Considering.

Also IRBT

Any other opinions? Looking at a few months type timeframe.

Where's the fucking dip? I want to re-enter.

Alright user, my poor ass wishes you the best

What the fuck just happened to the Dow?

LIGA could make a good dip play right now..

The only thing I bought yesterday that's green today is AMRS. The stupid option I bought is up 66%, it's fucking great.

lads, ive gone and done it.

God Bless

Based

AHHHHHHHH

stop gambling

What music do you guys listen to while trading.

Its not gambling its called carry.

youtube.com/watch?v=TfqdaAGqmSk

i bet your portfolio sharpe ratio is close to 0 if not negative

Lold

Is trading options safe or is it really gambling?

is there a bottom for KTOS?

no. it just keeps getting lower.

>All of the fucking retards from the last thread that said short volitility was still a good trade.

RHE will run today with volume.

Now this is a meme I can get behind.

Gonna be a good day for meme stocks.

I will show you my TTM Sharpe and Calmar but only if you promise to tripfag as "Cucklord Nolev" in all future SMGs if they are higher than yours.

that opening was sketchy boys
what gonna happen

There's no fucking way yours are higher than mine unless you do HFT and it's pretty obvious you don't

Is it a bet then mate? Showdown at noon with brokerage reports.

>market down .06%
>oy vey truly a shoah!

The thing about options is there's so many different ways to go about using them. There is always a certain degree of risk, and there are different ways to mitigate and limit the risk involved. I mean you can lose your ass real fast trading options since they can easily become worthless, but its the bets way I have found to leverage a position if you want a ton of risk. There's also ways to utilize them in things like credit spreads, or even covered calls to just generate income.

Yo niggas wtf happen to KTOS man? That shit aint be bangin no mo.

Ill only show ytd because i only start arbitraging this year

Meanwhile KTOS is on a never ending pitfall

>two month sharpe ratio scrub wants to talk shit

I will show you mine for TTM and you will go as "Cucklord Nolev" from now on, deal?

possible denuclearization and Korean unification have the defense industry selling off.

if it gets back to 11 today im cutting my fucking losses. i know patience is the key to good trading but im fucking sick of watching this shit show bring down my entire portfolio.

or we can wait till the end of the year when i have full 12 months arbitraging.

Just buy on the midday dip and hodl until Trump starts saber rattling at Iran.

You're a coward who has no heart. You think I am a baby that does not know what he's doing? You challenge me to show my performance ratios and you want a ten month mulligan?

What are you arbing? Is it even really an arb? If you are arbing, how much leverage are you using?

Shit them super short niggas fina be buran the hatchet. That aight.

i already bought in at over 12! i just cant see it rebounding in the next 4 months.

plus its 5:1 to square as far as purchase price. i feel buying square at todays low numbers off the liquid i get from the sale is smarter money.

>Yes goyim, the volitility is over. Put all of your money into (((((((SVXY)))))))

Fellas, I finally got off the options wait list. Anybody else here trade options on RH? Could use some advice, tips, anything? I currently have only two holding above 100 shares each, AUY and SDRL. What do? Help a brainlet.

>He had to wait on a list to trade options like he was trying to get into a hot club

How humiliating.

this is my ytd, like i said i can do this when i have 12 full months. i'm arbing duel listed stocks

how do i get this interface?

what the fuck do you mean "what do?"
you entered into a position, didnt you have a plan?

IB portfolio analyst

I havent entered into any options yet, no.

Chipset for 5G and such.

WHERE IS THE user WHO SAID TO BUY GCAP YESTERDAY?

IM GOING TO CUT YOUR FUCKING BALLS OFF

>I want high quality, curated, financial data on dividend stocks/reits
>but I don't wanna pay for it

wat do guys?

Trips of truth, user RUN HE'S GOING TO CUT YOUR BALLS OFF!

Debating pulling $100K from my crypto. Should I just throw it in Vanguard index funds and let it ride?

You've got a higher Sharpe. I've got a higher Calmar. I guarantee I've made more money. and 2mo is not a sufficient history to make any real evaluation of either of us.

Welcome, my guy. Just look at some videos and read investopedia. Basically options are derivatives that are used as a way to hedge or outright bet what a price of a specific equity will be within a certain time window. It's also a way to psuedo-short stocks.

>listening to Veeky Forums without thinking for yourself
you are the FOMO