Wen Chainlink

I’m the CEO of a relatively large scale Ethereum startup who wishes that Chainlink was operational because secure oracles that aren’t susceptible to downtime are a necessity for the advancement of practical smart contracts with real world use cases.

I would definite Chainlink’s largest competitor that I’m aware of, oraclize.it, as a central point of failure.

AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/in/kevinmcsheehan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Prove you're not a larp, larper

Why would you choose Chainlink over Oraclize? Apart from more secure data transactions, what are the reasons?
What will your startup do with CL?

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO REACH $1,000 EASILY! HOLD THAT THOUGHT AND VISUALIZE IT IN YOUR MIND EVERYDAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE STARTING NOW AND IT WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY. DO IT! I'M NOT JOKING!

VISUALIZE AS OFTEN AND AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO REACH $1,000 EASILY! HOLD THAT THOUGHT AND VISUALIZE IT IN YOUR MIND EVERYDAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE STARTING NOW AND IT WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY. DO IT! I'M NOT JOKING!

VISUALIZE AS OFTEN AND AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

>CEO AMA

Do you think they can deliver mainnet?

EVERYTHING IS ENERGY AND VIBRATION
ATTUNE YOUR VIBRATIONS TO MATCH THAT OF MONEY AND IT WILL FLOW TO YOU

MEDITATE DAILY AND VISUALIZE LINK REACHING $1000 IN THE PRESENT MOMENT FROM YOUR HEART CENTER

WE WILL ALL MAKE IT

I’m Kevin from Minerva

I’m admittedly not one of the elite code minds behind our project, through I do have a pretty solid understanding of software dev and infosec.

That said, “secure data transactions” is the only reason I’d choose Chainlink over Oraclize. Secure data transaction is defined by sensitive data not leaking. Our oracle-reliant data is simply our token’s price against USD. A failsafe mechanism we will employ in the event of oracle failure is a schellingcoin style price reporting *~! decentralized ~*! “voting” process.

Our startup most likely won’t do anything with CL as we will build out a network of consensus validation oracles ourselves in the absence of a launched, tried and true CL.

You are a MANIAC.

Plush pepe is my favorite Internet thing of 2018.

Yeah. $32mm is enough for them to buy the right help. What they’re proposing is technologically possible and in high demand. I’m optimistic about secure decentralized oracles in general. It’s a necessary evolution, and for the sake of Veeky Forums I hope Chainlink delivers an industry standard.

>I’m Kevin from Minerva
prove it

k

Kek

78s

he proved it faggots.

op, link will happen.

Okie dokie
$1000 EOY

My dude you can downlod and set up a node, pretty sure they’re working. Have you tried reaching out to them directly? Seems right up Sergey’s alley?

Unfortunately we expect to be fully operational before before Chainlink is field tested. LINK is a lot like EOS in that if either projects deliver on their whitepapers the space will continue its rapid evolution.

Do you know about Witnet?

If it’s relevant to OP I assume at least one of our devs do. Redpill me.

is chainlink a meme or is it legit project that we can expect in the top 10 if successful?

Can't wait till centralized oracles will ease chainlinks inefficient muh decentralization approach. Can't wait till people realize that Ethereum can not scale enough for all the consensus processing and reputation system for every little API call.

>Can't wait till centralized
Stopped reading right there

People can choose to just use a single ChainLink node if security isn't a major factor. ChainLink absorbs centralised oracles as it offers the same service they do and more.

you know that CL doesn't need ethereum? By default they will work on ETH, BTC and hyperledger and can literally support any smart contract platform in the future
By the power of kek and these digits (check em) I demand you to use chainlink

Perhaps both. No clue.

Oracles aren’t centralized if they’re hosted in multiple data centers, programmed in different languages and running on different operating systems as to prevent an x% 0day attack, and calling the same requests and forming consensus on the response data. Pools of oracle nodes operating on multithreaded DPoS distributed ledgers also seems an interesting concept. As do distributed ledger nodes doubling as oracles in addition to being block producers. This is something I would like to POC personally if I had the time.

If your argument is that decentralized oracles cannot be fast and cost effective I’m confident that you will live to see your argument dismantled.

In this sense, 1 oracle node = 1 API gateway. Use it for REST, GraphQL, whatever you want...

Interesting to see that CL also serves use cases that don't require decentralized oracles (though those are likely far and few between)

> Interesting to see that CL also serves use cases that don't require decentralized oracles (though those are likely far and few between)

How so? The meat and potatoes of most API responses don’t contain critically sensitive information. “Trusted” API itself can be a central point of failure. Perhaps the “oracle problem” can be solved, and then work can begin on solving the API problem with similar methods.

Upon re-reading what you were responding to I agree with you entirely.

have a bump OP, really interested in what some can provide you on here

it's not always mentioned but
i see adaptability as one of the key features of chainlink
sergey always emphasize this
you can choose what kind and how many oracles should be used over which period of time for what kind of data and how much you want to pay for it and its blockchain agnostic

Can you explain the Oracle Problem in simple terms for a brainlet, and explain in similarly simple terms how Chainlink will solve it.

Someone post the ‘when u fuk a hooker’ pasta

tl;dr most things digital can be corrupted by evil actors in some form or fashion and minizmizing the attack surfaces of critical data is an endless, necessary battle. chainlink is a piece of a big puzzle.

minimizing*

night Veeky Forums

>minizmizing
Kek

>posting in an intelligent bread on Veeky Forums - been about a year since ive done that

>and then work can begin on solving the API problem with similar methods.

interesting - this sounds like something which would have been done already? Sounds easier?

>when Chainlink?

Never. Stay poor.

Will u switch to chainlink once mainnet is up and tested?

No wait come back please sirs. We have more questions sirs.

A god damn CEO comes onto biz/

Proves himself.

Says CL is something highly sought that would be amazing.

What else do you brainlets need a giant fucking sign saying buy CL? Oh wait..you already see that in threads daily

a CEO of some random ass no-name blockchain project whoop de doo
I could be a CEO of some shit I make up next hour

It's just getting sad at this point for linkfags, while link does another -2.37% desperate linkfags try to make up stories so newfags will buy.

It feels like working in a soup kitchen seeing this.

We needs oracles

imagine u gonna fuk som ho and she lik u payin up front and u dont wanna

so u set up a smart contract, she gets the money when your nut hits her skin nom sayin?

But how the smart contract know wats good?

Oracles

We could also setup a smart contract for pregnancies, so when a hoe gets impregnated by a certain DNA that guy automatically gets financially raped. I LOVE CHAINLINK

linkedin.com/in/kevinmcsheehan

Shit this might actually be legit. Lol I can never tell anymore on biz

Are you in talks with LINK at all? Req and Airswap have said they’re talking with LINK. Do you communicate with them? If not then why not?

Yea. You can't run a production network that relies on tech in alpha. Lets say the CL network is in prod by fall 2018, do you see yourself using it?

Also, what is your businesses primary use for smart contracts?

Do you know of any other companies that LINK is in talks with, meaning companies similar to yours, or in the same space?

I’ve been updating the Wikipedia page on smart contracts with information about oracles and trying to add some subtle chainlink shill. Could any fairly intelligent anons such as yourself ITT also contribute a bit?

YOU MUST BE CERTAIN THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WHAT YOU DESIRE
CERTAINTY CREATES INTENTION
INTENTION CREATES BELIEF
BELIEF CREATES UNDOUBTEDNESS
WHEN THERE IS NO DOUBT THERE WILL BE NO CHOICE BUT FOR IT TO MANIFEST INTO REALITY
NOW WE ARE CERTAIN, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL
DON'T JUST THINK ABOUT IT WITH YOUR CONSCIOUS MIND
FEEL IT - FEEL WHAT IT'S LIKE TO MAKE IT
FEEL THE EMOTIONS YOU WILL FEEL WHEN LINK HITS $1,000
FEEL THE EMOTIONS OF YOU BUYING YOU DREAM HOUSE AND CAR
FEEL THEM ALL AS THOUGH IT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW IN THE PRESENT MOMENT
IF YOU CAN FEEL IT BEFORE YOU CAN SPEAK IT, THEN THE MANIFESTATION IS WELL ON IT'S WAY!

>linkedin.com/in/kevinmcsheehan
he is legit. Seen him in the LINK telegram multiple times. T. Stinky since ICO

It's probably legit. It's also not really a big deal. If you've actually worked with CL and set up an alpha node, he's just talking about stuff we already know about.

Now, if he were to say his company would actually use CL...I'd be interested. As far as I know, it's just link marines running and using alpha nodes right now