Darwin's Views in Race

Did have any sort of preference, or was he rather indifferent to the whole concept?

He died before all that bullshit came about.

The Descent of Man though.

Darwin's ideas are pretty much irrelevant nowadays.

He had preferences in so far as he bore ill will to peoples who accepted slavery, a practice he believed was barbaric.
"But I suppose you are all too overwhelmed with the public affairs to care for science. I never knew the newspapers so profoundly interesting. N. America does not do England Justice: I have not seen or heard of a soul who is not with the North. Some few, & I am one, even wish to God, though at the loss of millions of lives, that the North would proclaim a crusade against Slavery. In the long run, a million horrid deaths would be amply repaid in the cause of humanity. What wonderful times we live in. Massachusetts seems to show noble enthusiasm. Great God how I should like to see the greatest curse on Earth Slavery abolished. ― Charles Darwin to Asa Gray (June 5, 1861) The Correspondence of Charles Darwin Vol. 9 1861 (1994), p.163

By modern "progressive" standards one could say he was racist because he acknowledged differences between racial/ethnic groups and preferred the appearance of some over that of others, here he talks some shit about the Portuguese but seems to like the look of black people. the only alteration I am aware of is forming a much higher estimate of the Negros character. It is impossible to see a negro & not feel kindly toward him; such cheerful, open honest expressions & such fine muscular bodies; I never saw any of the diminutive Portuguese with their murderous countenances, without almost wishing for Brazil to follow the example of Haiti; & considering the enormous healthy looking black population, it will be wonderful if at some future day it does not take place. ― Charles Darwin to Catherine Darwin (May 22 - July 14 1833) The Correspondence of Charles Darwin Vol. 1 1821-1836 (1985), pp. 312-313

Bump

>triggered
>make the bad man go away
You ain't seen shit yet.

>>/pol/

>In the long run, a million horrid deaths would be amply repaid in the cause of humanity.
But Black Lives Matter would still demand reparations, while gazing at the million whites who died freeing them.

>>>/truth/

>what is Google?
>what is a fucking book
saged

Darwin wrote that "race" as commonly used in his day was not a valid biological concept, and that the so-called human races were far closer than most people gave credit, enough to be biologically indistinguishable except for irrelevant cosmetic features like skin color.

And since then we had DNA testing, gene mapping, haplogroups, etc... Being ignorant about race is a tradition that belongs to centuries ago.

Get in with the now grandpa

Clearly we're different species. Just look how not similar they are.

You're right. Just look at this chart.

>what's cherrypicking

> argument from shitposting
Is that as much as your anti-science memes go ?
learn biology 101 for fucks sake you underage retard

>what's counting outliers as the majority?